Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cleared M NH more then 1 month ago, and i'm pretty happy with this relase date.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    If your behind its not our problem, everyone is waiting to go into the new raid
    Well technically it is a problem for us, but then what can they do? If they're behind on an expansion they can add a filler raid like they did in TBC?WotLK but if it's the next raid that's behind what do you expect them to do? Turn LFR Molten Core back on and make it drop legendaries? lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this is actually incorrect. there are 6 questlines left and they start on the following dates:

3rd May, 10th May, 17th May, 24th May, 31st May and 7th June. thus the raid should be released on the 14th June
    I'm not so sure this is the correct way to count. It shows 15 parts, but Blizzard said on release day that it would take 11 weeks to complete those 15 parts. Patch 7.2 was released March 3rd, plus 11 weeks puts it at June 13th, exactly as I said.

But even if thats off by one week, that doesn't really change the fact thats its mid to late June.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    I'm not so sure this is the correct way to count. It shows 15 parts, but Blizzard said on release day that it would take 11 weeks to complete those 15 parts. Patch 7.2 was released March 3rd, plus 11 weeks puts it at June 13th, exactly as I said.

But even if thats off by one week, that doesn't really change the fact thats its mid to late June.
    I am up to date and have exactly 6 questlines left for the achieve. so the date I put forward is either accurate, or a bit late if they combine some

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So... you done the entire raid on Mythic then? Or did you run LFR and consider yourself to be done?

I know people whom killed Mythic Gul'dan in February that are more than happy with ToS coming in June. Gives them time to do other things.
    Did you clear mythic using gear from TBC and no weapons? Guess you'll never be done huh

Deleted
    This shit excuse belongs in fucking cirus, why should we wait for people to do fiddle with their dicks in nighthold while everyone else is waiting for the tomb raid, should we all unsub and let them finish Nighthold mythic before we can actually do new content??

Here some advice for those people who moan that releasing new content quickly is bad. If your behind its not our problem, everyone is waiting to go into the new raid, if you dont like it then there is a simple solution is, fuck off.
    Everyone else ?? That its bullshit.
    I play everyday and i still got a lot things to do, like others players. Many guilds still not cleared NH mythic and this time until June its cool to equip and play a bit with alts

Play without pressure, and you will enjoy more the game.
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-04-28 at 02:26 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    the only person who has to unsub if people like you, then we might actually get new content out quicker, not up for the job in nighthold mythic? stick to lfr, faster clear and you wont hold anyones time up

- - - Updated - - -

yeah because killing same boss on some other dogshit difficult is brand new content right? get your tongue out of blizz's ass hole
    I mean, my guild killed Heroic GD first night it was released, so yeah, i think killing the "same boss on another dog shit difficulty" is still content. Its actually the way the fight is intended to be, killing heroic bosses is a way to keep shit players involved in the "raiding scene". Congrats on being content with being mediocre tho! seriously, if we went by heroic clears, i would like a new raid every 2-3 weeks please.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    If you haven't killed mythic guldan you still have content to do.
    No you don't. You already saw the content. Doing LFR is finishing the game in terms of story.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No you don't. You already saw the content. Doing LFR is finishing the game in terms of story.
    False, additionally you have 11 levels of prestige to work through. Theres content to do, players just choose to ignore it and then complain there is nothing to do.

False, additionally you have 11 levels of prestige to work through. Theres content to do, players just choose to ignore it and then complain there is nothing to do.
    That's not content. That's repeating the same content you've already done.

8/10m we could use the time to kill last two no rush needed

The more we wait now the less we wait for the next one, either way we'll have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's not content. That's repeating the same content you've already done.
    I killed a boar and picked a flower when I started this game, by your definition you've played the game at that point because thats all this game is. Kill (monster) (x)number of times or pick up (item) (y) number of times.

Is someone really complaining that the new raid is not coming out only 4 months after the current raid even started?

Really?

6 months is the perfect length of a raid tier.

Plus, it's June 20 because of Final Fantasy's XIV new xpac.. the 11 weeks campaign was also set for that reason, Blizzard did the same exact thing 2 years ago when they released Hellfire Citadel on the day Heavensward released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    In no other game is completing the game on anything but the hardest difficultly considered 'not completing the game'

Why is it with this one?

I'm done with Mythic raiding. I burned myself out on it with world 150 or so progress for half a decade. Chilling in heroic is MUCH more fun. I do not feel like i am missing out on a single thing offered by Mythic raiding.

I don't want the title - i have better titles.
    I don't want the mount - i have better mounts.
    I don't want the achievements - I don't care about achievement points.
    I don't want the unique gear look - I have it already from the elite pvp set.

In past expansions, this is where i'd say "What i want is the power surge from gear", well, no, I already outdps most mythic raiders because while they spent 4 days a week wiping on Gul'dan, I was running Mythic+ and clearing heroic in a day and gambling trinkets.
    I wouldn't go so far to say "no other game." I think that's subjective and it depends both on what the differences in difficulty are and how the game itself treats each difficulty. You should, of course, not play on Mythic if you feel that the rewards or sense of accomplishment is not worth it to you. That decision is entirely your own. However, do know that other players choose to progress through Mythic for all of the reasons you listed above and more. Just because you prefer not to complete the content or feel that it isn't worth it doesn't mean that it's fair to treat it like it doesn't exist.

I'm a slightly older gamer, so most of the games that come to mind when I think of multiple difficulty settings are games that would actually hide story content behind difficulty -- many games would end before the last level or give you a gag "good job now play it for real" ending unless you beat it on the hardest mode. WoW echoed this trope in the Garrosh Hellscream fight in Siege of Orgrimmar: On Heroic and Mythic, the fight has an additional phase in an otherwise inaccessible zone that you won't see on Normal or Raid Finder.

An example of a game where I wouldn't consider the highest difficulty to be new content is I Wanna Be the Guy. The only difference between Medium, Hard, Very Hard, and Impossible is the frequency of save points. So I'd count completing the game on Hard to be completing all the content. But not on Medium, because the game clearly denotes that it wants you to play harder by forcing the character to wear a big pink bow the whole game on Medium, and by changing the text on save points from "save" to "wuss". Crucially, playing on Impossible and Very Hard are considered challenge difficulties and even players who have conquered them will usually return to Hard after beating the game on Impossible, should they choose to continue playing. In contrast, most players will stick with the highest difficulty they have reached in WoW; dropping down to a lower difficulty is farming.

In my opinion, WoW is different because of two more factors:

1) The boss fights, in and of themselves, are unique on Mythic. There are new mechanics to do; it's not just more HP and damage.
    2) The game clearly treats Mythic as the standard difficulty. This one might be another effect of me being a gamer from the early 90s -- when I see a list of difficulties, the first thing I want to know is "which is the main difficulty intended by the developer?" I look for clues in every game with difficulty settings to answer this question. In WoW, the answer from clues within the game seems to be that Mythic is the mode to play.
    Last edited by Bowshewicz; 2017-04-29 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How this is surprising, shocking news is beyond me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

This shit excuse belongs in fucking cirus, why should we wait for people to do fiddle with their dicks in nighthold while everyone else is waiting for the tomb raid, should we all unsub and let them finish Nighthold mythic before we can actually do new content??

Here some advice for those people who moan that releasing new content quickly is bad. If your behind its not our problem, everyone is waiting to go into the new raid, if you dont like it then there is a simple solution is, fuck off.
    Could you be more salty kiddo? good god the whine levels are astronomical

Deleted
    Cleared content last week. Glad for the gap. Let the more casual people catch up and enjoy content.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    If you haven't killed mythic guldan you still have content to do.
    This. 100%. Our 7/10M guild went back to ToV last Monday to finish off Helya and get 7/7M 3/3M 7/10M and now we're extending lockouts until Tomb to get our Gul'Dan Cutting Edge. People who say that Tomb is too far off need to realize they're not the only people in the World of Warcraft.

Myself and 19 other people are still active and working towards stuff even now, so these next few weeks are nice to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    6 months is a good time for a raid tier.
    I would have said that in any other expansion. The way we get titanforged gear made the last two tiers ridiculously easy to overgear and brute force.

As another note i don't see why everyone are expected to clear everything. There is value in having shit unkilled, hitting limits of your skill and moving forward. If you haven't already cleared nighthold by now and ToS would be released, would you really be annoyed of having new content instead of the same bosses on your third difficulty? Would you be more annoyed than the people waiting 3-4 months for new content? Is the enjoyment for the people who take 6 months for a raid tier more important than the months of no content for people who are either better or play more?
    Last edited by mmoc029e10d7f3; 2017-04-29 at 06:53 PM.