EVGA step-up program - GTX 1080 with liquidcooling to GTX 1080ti founders?

So like a dummy I bought the 1080 with cooling, and next thing is nvidia releases the 1080ti the week AFTER I bought the 1080. EVGA is offering the 1080ti Founders Edition for the step-up program. It's a 30% increase in power, according to its own website, and I was curious if it's really worth the $50 to upgrade?

It's a reference card but that's not a bad thing, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd jump all over that.
    $50 for that big a bump is a no-brained for me (keep in mind I don't OC gpu's, and my FE 1080 is all but silent so the cooler doesn't matter to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    So like a dummy I bought the 1080 with cooling, and next thing is nvidia releases the 1080ti the week AFTER I bought the 1080. EVGA is offering the 1080ti Founders Edition for the step-up program. It's a 30% increase in power, according to its own website, and I was curious if it's really worth the $50 to upgrade?

It's a reference card but that's not a bad thing, right?
    if the benchmarks say 30% upgrade in power i would just put up the $50 tbh but up to u

The main plus for the reference cooler from my understanding is the shroud design, which will direct heat out the back vents instead of into the case.
    More an issue in small form factor I think.
    It sounds like a good deal to me, but not from personal experience of anything remotely close to that.

Plus option of 3rd party water cooling later, founders or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Depends on if you need those 30-35% performance. Founder's PCB is good, but the cooler itself is horrible, so if you need the performance I'd say go for it but buy a third party cooling system aswell.

Reference card is a bad thing.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Depends on if you need those 30-35% performance.
    I don't need 30% extra performance but with me really getting into PC gaming, I want to enjoy games at max settings (or close enough), and have a good constant 60+ FPS.

i7 4790k, GTX 1080, 16gigs of RAM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The main plus for the reference cooler from my understanding is the shroud design, which will direct heat out the back vents instead of into the case.
    That wouldn't be an issue with the Corsair 540 Air, since I built around the idea of solid airflow. The hot Georgia weather gave me the idea to design around the unforgiving heat.

I don't need 30% extra performance but with me really getting into PC gaming, I want to enjoy games at max settings (or close enough), and have a good constant 60+ FPS.

Fair enough reason by me but imo running top FE card with a stock cooler is not an option, your decision here.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Really depends on what resolution your monitor is IMO.

1080p: You already overpurchased, would have been fine with a 1060 for a bit, 1070 if you wanted it to last a bit longer
    1440p: The 1080 should still be fine.
    4k: Definitely grap the 1080ti.

for the 50$, i'd do it.

you can always get a good water block from EK for about ~100$ later, that will be better than the one included on the Hyrbrid.

honestly yeah get it, isn't hard to fit your own watercooling (custom or aio) at a later date if the blower doesn't suit your needs~