Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I thought women were paid less then men? I thought women were worth less then men? Hmm some one's gotta be wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Another way (which I've followed since moving out from my parents) is : no long-term relationships. My home (3bedroom,2bath on a half acre all by myself) is my own personal Fortress of Solitude. The only people who ever are here other than me are mail carriers, delivery persons, the guy that reads the electric meter, someone to repair things if I need to hire someone for it, and my mother on her occasional visits.

It's ridiculously easy to find someone to sleep with for a 1-nighter, whenever the urge strikes. What else would I want someone else around for?
    I think we'd get along pretty well if either of could be bothered with "friends".

That's surprising to see.
    As for the mentioned topic that women are paid less, that's probably based within like for like roles? I would assume this is different jobs and companies entirely - say one works in retail while the other works in private healthcare which would quite easily cause that jump.

I guess it's down to the individual really. Some are happy and open minded, others are quite old fashioned. Neither are wrong or right. Attitudes will not change over night either. Generations on it will not probably be that old fashioned and be equal as attitudes are made on current social aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    My gf makes literally over double what I make (and I do pretty well), but she's older and an all-star at what she does though.

It actually causes some issues because she still wants me to "be the man", and pay for stuff (she spends plenty of money on me), but if you turn it to %'s it's like 30% of my income, and like 11% of hers the last time I did a budget with her. If we ever were to get married I'd obviously benefit, but she's fucking nuts. Not sure I'll survive.
    So basically this is like your gf doing 3 times your dps in a raid and carrying you. Yet you're somehow happy with that.

It's also very telling she's only your gf and not your wife. When it comes to tying the knot and making a serious commitment, these things seem to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No one wants to feel like a failure and a man that can't provide for a family is a failure.
    Or in today's economy I'd look at you as simply human. 6/10 do not have $500 to spare. Let's not qualify most people as "failures". That's a way of looking at things through an economic perspective that no longer applies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So basically this is like your gf doing 3 times your dps in a raid and carrying you. Yet you're somehow happy with that.
    Yeah, but the character he's on just hit 110 so has crappy gear. And he really only agreed to join the raid because she asked him to keep her company. See how context changes your stupid analogy?

It's also very telling she's only your gf and not your wife.
    Yep. It says he's smart and doesn't have an archaic world view.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not realy - there is a lot of pussies out there who are clealry afraid of succesful woman - most probably becaue they fear such woman could eaily replace them with better/younger/more succesful man - its not a problem with women earning more - its problem with their tiny ego and lack of self confidence.

if a man knows his worth and is self aware he has no problem being with succesful woman
    tbh, our family has gotten a lot of hate going down this road because plenty of people (including former family and friends) can't get their heads around the man doing most of the raising of the children and the woman doing the traveling, long hours, and bread winning.

Millennial women for some reasons like eating lots of sushi lol.

Well... they are worried because now the shoe is on the other foot. If divorce happens they have much more to lose BUT they cannot trade up until they do divorce. Guess which option most women are apparently taking. They are ashamed not because they are earning more ... they are ashamed because they are with a loser (from their perspective). Kind of hard to be together if the other feels you are a loser. Normally it is that kind of attitude that gets kids to leave the nest from their parents but not so much when trying to keep a relationship together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Yeah, but the character he's on just hit 110 so has crappy gear. And he really only agreed to join the raid because she asked him to keep her company. See how context changes your stupid analogy?

Yep. It says he's smart and doesn't have an archaic world view.
    Yet most successful people are married. The vast majority. That is very telling! Heck you yourself were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet most successful people are married. The vast majority. That is very telling! Heck you yourself were.
    You don't need to be smart or married to be successful. In fact, the latter is the result of that success, more often than not. And I, like many people, merely got married out of convenience. Slightly better tax rate + exclusive ass rights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbortedGodFetus View Post
    tbh, our family has gotten a lot of hate going down this road because plenty of people (including former family and friends) can't get their heads around the man doing most of the raising of the children and the woman doing the traveling, long hours, and bread winning.
    Well what worth can you have as a man when you stay at home taking care of the children. Such marriages don't last, and not because of men's ego but woman start to see a beta in you, lol! Woman themselves actually prefer traditional roles.

I suspect that your girl is banging some more successful men than her (and you obviously) behind your back haha.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's just money after all. It seems to be a problem connected to nuclear family values though. Doesn't surprise me at all that centuries of cultural indoctrination result in many people still seeing this as an issue. It's also funny how many people on this forum actively deny the existence of a gender wage gap and will tell you that women aren't underrepresented in certain occupational fields but God forbid, their gf/wife earns more than them...

Oh, boy do I love this forum.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's just money after all. It seems to be a problem connected to nuclear family values though. Doesn't surprise me at all that centuries of cultural indoctrination result in many people still seeing this as an issue. It's also funny how many people on this forum actively deny the existence of a gender wage gap and will tell you that women aren't underrepresented in certain occupational fields but God forbid, their gf/wife earns more than them...

Oh, boy do I love this forum.
    Women as a group earn less than men as a group, but unless you are a communist and think every job should pay the same, that is 100% expected, as men tend to work on better paying and riskier jobs than women. Women on the same fields earn about the same, specially young childless ones.

Women and men are underrepresented in a lot of fields, what is your point? They just tend to like different things, I don't see why this would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    They just tend to like different things
    That's a pretty narrow view but whatever. It's late and I don't really want to argue about basic things. Just forget what I said, I guess.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They shouldn't be ashamed or guilty. Not sure why people think they should. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    How can that be when women are supposed to be paid less than men?

(This is a rhetorical question.)
    Women make the same as men for the same job - they simply choose to take jobs that generally pay less overall. The same way men who strip don't make nearly as much as money as women who strip - but the manager of the strip club? Same pay for both men and women (assuming they have equal negotiating skills).

I want to be an IT guy.

My girlfriend is a podiatrist.

Of course she's going to make more money than I do. Why should I even care about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an actual thing?

There was a time in my life that my wife earned more money than I did and there was nothing either of us was ashamed of.

Today we both earn around the same (give or take $2000-$3000) and there's still nothing to be ashamed of.

I guess some people are still hung up on a dying mentality of the man being the primary breadwinner.

Deleted
    My boyfriend and I make the same amount of money, so ...woo, equality?

Doubt he'd give a shit if I out-earned him though. He'd probably be thrilled.