Thumbs down Transylvania University attack possibly politically motivated

Source

LEXINGTON, KY (WAVE) - A former Transylvania University student entered an on-campus coffee shop Friday morning, armed with a machete and a bag full of knives, and injured a woman in what may have been a politically motivated attack, police said.

WLEX-TV, the NBC affiliate in Lexington, reported the female victim is a student who was attacked with the machete. She was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening cuts to her body. The suspect is in police custody.

Witnesses said the suspect walked into Jazzman's Cafe, located inside the Glenn Building on campus, shortly before 9 a.m. and yelled, "The day of reckoning is here!" before approaching students.

"He asked the first girl if she was a Democrat or a Republican," witness Michael Soder told WLEX. "She said, 'Republican.' He said, 'Okay,' then asked some other girl. By that time, some of my friends were running out and yelling for us to leave, and I tried to stay behind to see if ... I mean, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help, but I knew I should get out of there."

Classes at Transy were canceled for the rest of Friday. Counselors have been made available to help students as they process what happened.

Several Fayette County schools were placed on heightened alert following the incident, and Sayre School, and independent school in Lexington, was placed on lockdown.

Roads near the scene of the incident remain blocked as police continue to investigate.
    I think politically motivated attacks should be classified as a hate crime (if they aren't already).

So it was not, in fact, a garlic and wooden stake attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think politically motivated attacks should be classified as a hate crime (if they aren't already).
    Politically motivated violence is usually called terrorism.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Unless the side you support does it in which case it's brave heroes standing up to evil.

Not aimed at you, it's just something i wanted to add to what you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Unless the side you support does it in which case it's brave heroes standing up to evil.

Not aimed at you, it's just something i wanted to add to what you said.
    Sure. To be fair, there's no universal definition, it changes based on perspective, and it really applies more to clandestine agents committing violence against your own country.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Transylvania.........Kentucky?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Save me vlad.

There is a Transylvania university in the US. Interesting.

So I googled it. They are the Transylvania Pioneers. They so missed the boat on that. Why not vampires? That would have been epic.

Vampires hiding in plain sight now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Deeply saddened that their school mascot is not a vampire in drag.

Or just Tim Curry.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    True, which is why I call violent anti Trump protestors domestic terrorist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    True, which is why I call violent anti Trump protestors domestic terrorist.
    What do you call violent pro-Trump supporters then? Is there some sort of distinction that you needed to qualify that you only call "violent anti-Trump protestors" domestic terrorists?

Also, that article doesn't make it clear whether the guy was pro- or anti-Trump. All it says is that he asked someone if she was a Democrat or Republican, she responded with "Republican," and he said "Okay" then asked someone else. Maybe I'm just misreading this, but the article seems incredibly vague.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    So it was not, in fact, a garlic and wooden stake attack.
    Fangs for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    What do you call violent pro-Trump supporters then? Is there some sort of distinction that you needed to qualify that you only call "violent anti-Trump protestors" domestic terrorists?

Also, that article doesn't make it clear whether the guy was pro- or anti-Trump. All it says is that he asked someone if she was a Democrat or Republican, she responded with "Republican," and he said "Okay" then asked someone else. Maybe I'm just misreading this, but the article seems incredibly vague.
    I said violent anti Trump protesters, not anti Trump protesters, can you not distinguish against the two? I like how you asked me to read something that I went out of my way to highlight it in BOLD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    And that is what I quoted. I'm not certain you read what I typed, but all right. I wasn't asking you to read anything, I was saying I may have misunderstood.

I was not attacking you.
    Last edited by Dougie Cooper; 2017-04-28 at 06:33 PM.