Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Micro-aggressions" ? Fuck off, PC hypertrolls.

This is dumb as fuck and the problem with media and its obsession with race. It also shows the strange corner that white people have ended up in.

This is what I call the "Racist white person test" -

If a black man crosses past you in the street do you -

A) Avoid eye contact with him?

B) Make eye contact with him?

Answer - The fact that this question on anyones minds when they walk past minorities is the biggest problem with this example. By their efforts to "stop racism" people have managed to make race on the forefront of peoples minds and media consciousness.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    H u u t i s t a

I did have a chuckle at this. Never mind autistic people, some people are just shy and have difficulty making and maintaining eye contact. At least they didn't double down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This is dumb as fuck and the problem with media and its obsession with race. It also shows the strange corner that white people have ended up in.

Answer - The fact that this question on anyones minds when they walk past minorities is the biggest problem with this example. By their efforts to "stop racism" people have managed to make race on the forefront of peoples minds and media consciousness.
    Can I give you a medal for your insight in how loaded shit like that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Just so it's clear if you keep eye contact it's sexual harrasment. So no matter what just don't go outside or you might end up harassing someone.
    Why are you going out of your way to avoid them... that's racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I did have a chuckle at this. Never mind autistic people, some people are just shy and have difficulty making and maintaining eye contact. At least they didn't double down.
    True. I just want to know. Did literally none of the people behind it think about or ever met a person that's just bad with eye contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    True. I just want to know. Did literally none of the people behind it think about or ever met a person that's just bad with eye contact?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxYyxC7gftg

just the first 10 seconds

I want an autistic black lesbian who is in a wheelchair to come out and slam this, just to watch them squirm.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Not to derail, but that "adding of context" does nothing, it is still the same message, playing only that first part did not misrepresent her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think wacks would get shunned, but instead, hand them the lefty points for being edgy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Oxford University has apologized for saying that avoiding eye contact could be "everyday racism" after it was accused of discriminating against autistic people.
    Double Wammy of WTF! lol

"avoiding eye contact could be "everyday racism" really?! Ridiculous!

"accused of discriminating against autistic people" What in the actual fuck?!

I'm starting jump on the "Too much political correctness" train with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Just so it's clear if you keep eye contact it's sexual harrasment. So no matter what just don't go outside or you might end up harassing someone.
    OMG! Stop sexually abusing me with your eyes!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Avoiding eye contact can be for any number of reasons aside from racism. Making such a bold claim as it being a sign of racism is irresponsible of an institution like Oxford.
    I feel it falls in a lose/lose category that should not be entertained. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. So just do as you feel comfortable with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    There's no sensible way to deal with liberal-elite insanity like this.
    Agreed, 100%.

And how about that, a mod who doesn't live in the hard Left ivory tower.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Agreed, 100%.

And how about that, a mod who doesn't live in the hard Left ivory tower.
    I can't see anyone thinking this is sensible. Not anyone with enough wit to tie their shoes on their own anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

This. The racists are the ones who are thinking like this 24/7. Why does this even enter people's minds?

"Oh shit, there's a black guy coming. I better look him in the eye so he knows I'm not one of those racists."

Hits em with the stink eye

"Fuck yeah, I'm so tolerant."

Yeah who ever came up with that idea needs to get out of their safe space. Pretty fucking sad that we have people manufacturing racism, like we don't have enough of the real shit to deal with.

"micro-aggression"

This is a ridiculous concept that needs to go away. What ever happened to teaching people to counter with a "fuck you!".

I encounter racism directed at me at least once a month, I grumble and bitch about it, but get over it. This is America, if they want to think that way, they have every right to, just as I have every right to flip them the big middle finger.

Kids these days need to grow a thick fucking skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are certain situations where you should most assuredly make eye contact, but for some(like me) there are underlying conditions that make such a proposition untenable. It has nothing to do with race(I love/hate everyone equally, regardless of where they/their family is from). Someone making a claim that there's a reasonable chance it could be due to race just makes my social interactions that much harder.
    I'm with you 100% there. Situations such as job interviews, or maybe when courting a new love interest, or when teaching/providing guidance, I feel those are situations where eye contact has strong value. But if I'm just B.S.ing with my buddy, I don't need to make eye contact.

Deleted
    One has to assume good intentions at all times, they wanted to do good, i have to believe that.

But if you are trying to find out whether eye contact signifies anything, then you have officially run out of things to research. A better problem formulation is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be an omega racist then. I have a real hard time with eye contact. I've been that way since I was a kid. Oxford you idiots.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi