Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What class do you play and does it feel better than in MoP

Simple question

I played warrior for 4 expansions and the legion changes made me change mains. So simple question, what do you play and is it more fun than 4 years ago?

Ret Pally feels great atm, despite it getting a huge nerf at the beginning of NH and being absolutely trash to lvl as. MoP Ret was plagued by the Inquisition mechanic, trading that for the infinitely more fun Crusade is great.

It's a simple class but all the core utility from all the way back to Vanilla is still there (except seals, fuck seals). Super good M+ dps and since that's what I do most of I'm totally cool with it.

Blizz did a good job evolving the spec.

Also doesn't hurt that Prot and Holy are both really good. Ret is easily the worst of the 3 specs and even then it's still good. Pally is in a great place, probably the best multi-role class in the game ATM overall alongside druid.

mained mm hunter untill start of legion pre patch, they destroyed that spec pretty good so i switched to mage

Arcane Mage: Absolutely better, far better mobility, and not double penalised for low mana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    mained mm hunter untill start of legion pre patch, they destroyed that spec pretty good so i switched to mage
    MM Hunter was my primary alt, had it all ready for legion - logged on with legion pre-patch and ALL of my primary hot keys were empty.... 80%+ of the spec was just gone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunter and not at all. Oh how I wish hunter was still as it was in MoP.

everything feels better than MoP. But everything feels worse than WOTLK. God warrior was awesome in WOTLK.

Deleted
    Both boomkin and fury warrior are worse than in SoO IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Current main: DH. Imma go with yes on that one.
    Old main: Paladin. Well, it's my old main for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    everything feels better than MoP. But everything feels worse than WOTLK. God warrior was awesome in WOTLK.
    Not true, in my opinion. A lot of classes felt and feel better than in Wotlk.

OT: Priest, and no.
    I mostly play Disc and Shadow, and both felt better to me in MoP.
    Shadow because I really enjoyed the spammy playstyle of Instant MB + MS procs ; Disc because the passive atonement was more fun to me than what we have now.

MoP survival was the best that the class and spec had ever played to me. Needless to say, the spec is nowhere close to that these days.
    BM is... well, I enjoy it now that I have good legendaries, and I enjoy it more than I did in MoP and WoD atm. I'm sure they'll rework it entirely for the next expansion though.

MM is snoozefest incarnate, I don't enjoy the spec at all. Liked it the most during HFC with its 4-set bonus.

Windwalker/Frost DK

Hell no.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid (Balance and REsto). Balance def feels better to me. I never liked the eclipse stuff though I realize that it set us apart from other casters. Resto... Not really. I feel less mobile now and mobility was a reason I used Resto (at the time I also had a holy Priest).

I played ele/resto shaman back in MoP. I had no idea how to play enhancement and it felt weird for me when I tried to play this spec. Right now in Legion, enh is my main and I think it is great. Fun as hell for sure! Definetly class for me - so for me better than in MoP
    Last edited by Kubiszot; 2017-04-28 at 05:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assass rogues feel better than they have felt in 10 years.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Hunter.

Better in MoP cuz Surv is crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Things feel way better than anything post-Cataclysm... But I miss the older class design of WoTLK... Especially Druids, Warriors and Priests. I guess it's just rose-tinted goggles.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

15+ Year Old Account
    Good question. I honestly am not sure. I play ENH and have since BC, so its hard to pinpoint how it felt in MoP. That might have been the expansion that got rid of my totem bar and relic soni remember being a little annoyed at that (unless that happened in Cata. I think as far as execution goes, ENH needs some tweeks now. Overall, we're a little lower on sims and that partially due to the RNG baked into our spec. I might get 8 stormstrikes in a row. I might not proc a single one for the full cooldown. I'd like to see a buff to some of our less rng abilities like auto attacks or boulderfist to smooth out the spec more. Make our curve anlottle smaller than its current feast or famine situation. Back to the original question, I think I enjoyed MoP a little more as we had several on demand burst options. I'd like to possibly see just 1 more added back for those situations. Ascendence just isn't good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Simple question

I played warrior for 4 expansions and the legion changes made me change mains. So simple question, what do you play and is it more fun than 4 years ago?
    I've played my lock for 11 years. MoP was the pinnacle of warlock class design. Then they fired Xelnath and rolled back his changes, resulting in the clunky mess we have now.

Ironically (given your situation), I switched TO a warrior in 7.1 and am loving it. Prot, for the record.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    playing dk

unholy: yes most definitly the changes they did in legion are great

blood: nope, they made blood blant and very boring this xpac and treating other tanks way better
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Mage and most definitely, no. Mists of Pandaria was the Mage class nadir design wise.

Mandatory Rune of Power, constant nerfs to fire, and our damage being repaired by shoving it all into our bomb talent tier.

Mists of Pandaria the expansion rocked though.