Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I believe they were stating that there would be no class-specific content in the following major content patch, not "beyond".
    Josh asked "for 7.3 and so on".

"And so on" is beyond 7.3, and since 7.3 is most likely the last major content patch for Legion, that also means beyond Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not in the video I linked. It that one, it's at 36:30. And you're still a lying sack of shit.
    Wow. Keep insulting me. That will give the mods something to do.

And how am I lying? lol

I transcribed what he said. If you watch the video, he says exactly that...

You must be extremely confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in the video I linked. It that one, it's at 36:30. And you're still a lying sack of shit.

Also, learn what quote marks mean. They mean the person said THAT. Not something like it, not something that you think they meant... it means THOSE WORDS. So when you say you're just digging a deeper hole.
    So how does "7.3 and so on" not translate to "Legion and beyond"? You haven't actually answered that question.

Isn't "and so on" a way to say "what comes after"?

So saying "7.3 and so on" means "7.3 and what comes after".

Why do I have to explain this to someone who is, I assume, an adult?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post

"And so on" is beyond 7.3, and since 7.3 is most likely the last major content patch for Legion, that also means beyond Legion.
    I just think this is an issue of common sense. Do you think by quoting a specific patch and saying "so on" he is referring to further patches in Legion, or the future of the game FOREVER? Do you think it is reasonable for a developer to say "We will NEVER EVER do class-specific quests again, as long as the game exists"? I don't, and I think when he says "We're not going to do this for patch 7.3 and so on" he's saying, at the most, patches following 7.3 within Legion.

I mean we can argue this all day because in the end it's open to interpretation, but I think that it's pretty obvious with some common sense to realize that this guy isn't saying World of Warcraft will never again in history make a quest that is related to a specific class.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Keep insulting me. That will give the mods something to do.

And how am I lying? lol

I transcribed what he said. If you watch the video, he says exactly that...
    No, he does not. Liar.

So how does 7.3 and so on" not translate to "Legion and beyond"? You haven't actually answered that question.

Isn't "and so on" a way to say "what comes after"?

So saying "7.3 and so on" means "7.3 and what comes after".

Why do I have to explain this to someone who is, I assume, an adult?
    Holy fuck. You're dense. You DID NOT TRANSCRIBE HIS WORDS. Period. You keep insisting you did but your quote is NOT what he said. Again, learn what the fuck quotes MEAN. Quotes mean that the person said that in reality. You're either just ignorant, actively stupid or trolling. In any case, welcome to the ignore list.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think this is an issue of common sense. Do you think by quoting a specific patch and saying "so on" he is referring to further patches in Legion, or the future of the game FOREVER? Do you think it is reasonable for a developer to say "We will NEVER EVER do class-specific quests again, as long as the game exists"? I don't, and I think when he says "We're not going to do this for patch 7.3 and so on" he's saying, at the most, patches following 7.3 within Legion.

I mean we can argue this all day because in the end it's open to interpretation, but I think that it's pretty obvious with some common sense to realize that this guy isn't saying World of Warcraft will never again in history make a quest that is related to a specific class.
    You're right we can argue what he meant. But he did NOT definitively state "and beyond" or in any way clearly indicate that this applied to 8.0. OP is deliberately lying about this and keeps insisting that they just transcribed what the video says when you can listen to it yourself and understand that they didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Think of it this way, would you prefer 1/12 of the content that is specific to your class, or 12x the content that is universal?
    Would you rather have class stories or would you rather have stuff like Cataclysm's 4.2 Thrall story, or the Faction Conflict in MoP? A few quests and filler content for everyone, or the same amount of filler content for each class? I'd rather the story be at least a little different on my alts, at least then it gives me a reason to pay attention to what's happening instead of using an auto-hand in addon and tabbing out for unskippable cutscenes.

If anything they should go the SWTOR Base Game route where each class has a storyline and each zone has it's storyline, both are done along side each other.

Deleted
    I just think this is an issue of common sense. Do you think by quoting a specific patch and saying "so on" he is referring to further patches in Legion
    There will be no further patches in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy fuck. You're dense. You DID NOT TRANSCRIBE HIS WORDS. Period. You keep insisting you did but your quote is NOT what he said. Again, learn what the fuck quotes MEAN. Quotes mean that the person said that in reality. You're either just ignorant, actively stupid or trolling. In any case, welcome to the ignore list.
    Yes I did.

Here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45533854

And since you just keep calling me a liar, I'll ignore you now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Would you rather have class stories or would you rather have stuff like Cataclysm's 4.2 Thrall story, or the Faction Conflict in MoP?
    Uhm, class stories? Thrall's story was shit, and the faction conflict in MoP wasn't good either.

I'll take class flavour over that any day.

Also 7.0 had class quests AND an endgame story in Suramar. Then 7.1 had more Suramar story and 7.2 had more class quests. If they alternate it like that it's fine.

Where's the problem exactly? Class quests in Legion beats any quest content they have ever done.

Are you seriously asking me to pick between ascending to warrior heaven, fighting for Odyn, going to Ulduar and rescuing Thorim... and... seeing Thrall's cringy love plot that is only in the game to feed Metzen's ego by living through his self-inserted green Jesus?
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-04-29 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, class stories? Thrall's story was shit, and the faction conflict in MoP wasn't good either.

Also 7.0 had class quests AND an endgame story in Suramar. Then 7.1 had more Suramar story and 7.2 had more class quests. If they alternate it like that it's fine.
    7.0 was the start of a new expansion so it had way more time to be made. We got more Suramar stuff in 7.1 yes but not so much comparison to 7.0 which wouldn't be fair eitherway. What we got in 7.2 was well not a lot and well the class stuff we did get was a lot. Again the problem is not everyone is going to experience it unless you got alts and other classes. Lastly, the Thrall stuff wasn't nearly as bad as ppl make it out to be. I didn't mind the faction war stuff in Mists either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Lastly, the Thrall stuff wasn't nearly as bad as ppl make it out to be.
    Let me quote myself.

Are you seriously asking me to pick between ascending to warrior heaven, fighting for Odyn, going to Ulduar and rescuing Thorim... and... seeing Thrall's cringy love plot that is only in the game to feed Metzen's ego by living through his self-inserted green Jesus?
    Oh yes, it was. Thrall hasn't been a good character since Wrath.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by darth dracula View Post
    nothing in legion strongly discourages alts except for people making themselves think it does.
    so much this^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    You don't speak for me or many other players. I play a single character this expansion: Paladin. What is the point of playing an alt when the time spent playing an alt I could have used getting artifact power for my main?
    I'm sorry but the "I'll be screwed if I'm not max AP" excuse is a rather Bull Shit one guy... Were talking about game content here, more specifically quest content. It's nobody's fault that you people insist that you get that extra 100k dps on the damage meters. Concordance of Legionfall isn't going to mean shit this time around...

They didn't mean post Legion. And no more in 7.3 is fine. Focus on the end of expansion story so we don't get another broken shore disaster.

Where's the problem exactly? Class quests in Legion beats any quest content they have ever done.

You misunderstand, I quoted someone saying that 12 lots of individual stories could be made into a much larger story shared by everyone. To which I pointed out a couple of Blizzard's attempts at general filler content in previous expansions and that we don't get 12x the size of content.

I'm for more story, especially if they made class choice feel impactful when it comes to that. SWTOR's base stories were incredible, minus Bounty Hunter. While I don't want fully voiced cutscenes with dialogue choices and shit, it's ultimately what killed SWTOR's chances, I'd love to see a more involved Order Presence in stories, similar to the Illidari in Azsuna, only not just reduced to being a questgiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    While class lore was pretty neat, Ion is right: not everyone is an altoholic, if you only play one character 11/12th of the DEV effort doesn't appear in your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think utterly shutting down the idea of class content is a big mistake, and I seriously doubt Blizzard is doing that, or even considering it. I think the Artifact Challenges that group together certain classes and specs may be an example of what we may see on Argus.

This is weird to me, because:

Ever since vanilla pretty much (since there hasnt been much class specific shit after that) they have wanted to implement class quests again, they said so a million times, and now they go "here you go, 1 expansion with class quests and then never again"

fu blizz...fu

I feel like the bulk of what makes them class quests in Legion is the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    While class lore was pretty neat, Ion is right: not everyone is an altoholic, if you only play one character 11/12th of the DEV effort doesn't appear in your game.
    By that logic, why should they continue to design Mythic raids? They're one of the least participated in activities yet they're arguably the most rewarding. If the vast majority of your playerbase isn't participating, that's a huge amount of wasted Dev resources. I'm not arguing it's purpose or place, historically raiding has always been the ultimate end-goal for WoW, Mythic ensures that, but it's the same principle. If overall participation is purely what dictates the success of a feature in this scenario, Mythic raiding should be one of the first things axed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow this definitely saddens me.The class campaign was the biggest interest I had in this expansion, not saying I didn't have some issues with (Really wish i didn't lead it to much rather then followed a story of my class)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    By that logic, why should they continue to design Mythic raids? They're one of the least participated in activities yet they're arguably the most rewarding. If the vast majority of your playerbase isn't participating, that's a huge amount of wasted Dev resources.
    Well, except that M raids share most of their development resources with the other difficulty modes. M-only mechanics and balancing/tuning are what's left.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say that. He just said that 7.3 will not have any class specific quests. He did not in any way say there would never be any more class specific quests.

I know everyone expects me to say it so here goes.

They're stopping class quests? But warrior hasnt gotten any yet! Just this big Vrykul thing for some reason.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

i just imagine what Legion could be, with deleting all spec specific stuff, deleting all class specific stuff, keep the order halls and small staright class stuff quest lines and use all the free development time for content. more content, higher quality content, not rinsenrepeat content, not cheap content, not recycling, creative content, quality in PvP, quality in Lore, content, more content, and and and... and content.

close your eyes and think about a 8-12 times bigger 7.2 patch. what... a... pleasure.

i would pay 30 bugs a month for THAT Legion.

hopefully they never waste their resources on this 12th/36th shit again. plz. never. again.

its stupid as hell. and its more stupid when you "first had to learn this" (ion) and even more when you need 2 years to learn this. a 10 year old kid could realize the outcome of this.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-30 at 03:45 AM.