15+ Year Old Account

New features coming - deck save/import

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...one-16-05-2017

Saving a deck will generate a code you can copy-paste. Others can then take this code, slap it into the client and it will import the deck. Cards you don't have will be greyed out, like with recipes

Also completing quests with friends will become permanent. Pretty happy about this, I like the idea of doing a friendly match where each player works to just hammer out a quest (playing X class cards, for example).
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deck save/import is useless to me. I like to look at my cards when I build a deck. Not only that, 100% of the time I don't even have all the cards for a deck if I see it on Hearthpwn or something.

Friends thing is pretty good. I mean, the only quests I have a problem with is the "Win with Class" quests. Those are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Deck save/import is useless to me. I like to look at my cards when I build a deck. Not only that, 100% of the time I don't even have all the cards for a deck if I see it on Hearthpwn or something.
    I'm glad for that feature personally, as I end up usually copying decks for classes I don't usually play often whenever I get a quest for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    The import feature is pretty good for me and my mates. I build decks for people, especially the newer ones, and since we all play exclusively on phone it's a monotonous case of writing everything out and/or taking five screenshots to show all the cards, then checking them against the collections, see what they need to replace blah blah blah...

This is good. I can just export a code to a mate, they plug it in, and instantly have the decklist as well as indications of what I need to recommend them to sub if they don't have everything.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Do the saved decks still can't towards the 18 deck limit? If so then I don't see why the feature is better than what Hearthpwn offers for deck creating/saving.

I also see future waves of complaining about deck saving features, since we'll probably hear a lot about how it is creating the 'problem' of net decking since it makes it even more accessible for people to share their own decks, which may or may not turn into net decks down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Do the saved decks still can't towards the 18 deck limit? If so then I don't see why the feature is better than what Hearthpwn offers for deck creating/saving.
    All it is is generating or using a generated code to automatically populate a deckslot with the specified card. "Saves" are literally text copied to your clipboard.

>Nikk creates a deck, fills it up with the 30 cards.
    >He presses the copy button.
    >Closes HS app, goes to his text messaging app.
    >Nikk pastes the code that HS generated into the body of the text message.
    >Friend receives it.
    >Friend copies that code.
    >Friend launches HS app.
    >Somewhere on the collections screen, friend pastes that code Nikk sent him.
    >HS generates the same deck that Nikk had created for friend's deck list.

This is nothing about deck slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    The import/export feature is something that should have been there from the beginning, we shouldn't have to use 3rd party tools. The completing quests with friends is fine but doesn't affect me, no one is into Hearthstone around here.

A deck tracker should be built into the game as well IMO or Hearthstone should provide an API to enable us to implement it properly along with other addons. At the moment we have to jump through hoops and use shady methods to extract the data.

Hotkey support is also something I'd like to see in the UI.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-05-17 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The import/export feature is something that should have been there from the beginning, we shouldn't have to use 3rd party tools. The completing quests with friends is fine but doesn't affect me, no one is into Hearthstone around here.

A deck tracker should be built into the game as well IMO or Hearthstone should provide an API to enable us to implement it properly along with other addons. At the moment we have to jump through hoops and use shady methods to extract the data.

Hotkey support is also something I'd like to see in the UI.
    I agree.. allthought its nice to get these feature, its still typical blizzard implementing something like this that should have been there from the start. hopefully this means they are spending more time on serious more exciting stuff like ...

-Revamping ladder system
    -ingame tournament
    -seeing friends draft arena decks
    -revamp of arena rewards (that make sense)

A person can allways dream right?

I don't see the need for myself to have to import/export decks, when I make decks I like to go trough all the cards to get an extra impression what my deck will be like. I do like getting to complete quests with friends if for some reason I can't get to complete my quests (like rogue quests which I'm absolutely terrible with).

I would really love to see a replay feature though. Hope its something on their list of possible features.

A deck tracker should be built into the game
    I agree.

Hearthstone should provide an API to enable us to implement it properly along with other addons
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    -Revamping ladder system
    To?

-ingame tournament
    Sounds messy. There are so many tournament types. It would be nice since Blizzard wants HS tournaments to be hosted on an individual level. Sounds like a lot of resources to take away from other features of the game, though.

-seeing friends draft arena decks
    Yeah. Why this isn't possible confuses me. It should be easy.

-revamp of arena rewards (that make sense)
    ? Idk what that means.

A person can allways dream right?
    No.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally all for this.

pretty good, it's a feature in shadowverse that I'm glad to see come to hearthstone as well.