Thread: Frost DPS Help

Frost DPS Help

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help to boost my frost DPS. I've watched and read everything that I could find but still think I'm missing something.

My best simmed gear stats are 28Crit, 22Haste, 35Mast, 9Vers. With that I sim around 830k. Legendaries are Shoulders and Trinket. I also have the boots and Fire gloves. I have the 4 set but running 2. Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Nysus/simple

This is our most recent Star Augur kill and my best parsing heroic fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey,

Compared yours to mine, however my recent kill was almost 2mins shorter
    It actually seems like youre shit out of luck when it came to RNG.

You barely had any BF/FoF procs during your first IV.
    You had 6 BF procs more than me.
    I had 33 more FoF procs - most of these are from my gloves ofc, but its something
    You didnt shatter half of your ebonbolts

I would say give 4 piece a go, maybe even Bone Chilling for the extra FoF procs from Water Jet

Deleted
    I would link my log, but I haven't posted enough.

You're not Frostbolting enough which is the big thing I can see, my fight is 1m 40s shorter and I Frostbolted the same amount of times you did.

We're more or less similarly geared, except I have the ring and better relics (albeit at a lower ilvl).

You should be casting Frostbolt a lot more, especially for a fight of that duration, if you don't have procs, cast Frostbolt, doesn't matter if you get one during your cast, if you happen to get a Flurry and FoF proc, drop FoF then Flurry into Ice Lance.

Keep casting, especially during P2 with the debuff.

I'll add: I sim 915k in pure ST and I did 855k on that fight (using same talents you did).
    Last edited by mmoc8b7590ebc5; 2017-05-09 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Sim information

Thanks guys, appreciate you taking the time and replying.

Preplol: I did notice that sometimes I'm not far enough back to shatter my ebonbolts. Trying to be more conscious of that now.

Maethnis: That's why I feel like I'm missing something. I'm casting Frostbolts as much as I can. The only time I'm not casting frostbolts is when I'm casting on my procs. I don't see how I could be casting many more. I never cancel cast frostbolts so that's not it. I'm just not sure.