Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The prison industry would love to see that happen as it would only serve them, i do find that action should be take to obtain a better outcome but not an action that only cost government money into private companies such as jails only to export the problem elsewhere.
    You're not exporting a problem when you deport criminals to their country of origin. You're sending them back because they caused problems for you.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-04-30 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    Well, since you're the one making this assertion, the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate to us that, here in Australia - the relevant jurisdiction - that juvenile sexual multiple-offenders are allowed to simply walk free.
    I don't see how this is related to refugee status if that is the case, as i said before i'm for changing laws to apply differently to juveniles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing from the blurb is how the judge weighed in on this:

Judge Kent ordered the boy to undergo a “positive sexuality” course as part of his probation and said while his immersion in a new culture partially explained his actions, it didn’t absolve him.

“This is obviously unacceptable behaviour but it is also criminal behaviour,” he said.

“Your behaviour had significant impact on at least two of the complainants.

“The impacts on them have been considerable.”
    I would guess the judge had to work within sentencing guidelines for the presumed age of the defendant.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    You're not exporting a problem when you deport criminals to their country of origin. You're sending them back.
    You are when the western world wants to export his morals and values what has been its intend for ages. By merely sending it back means we accept that this behavior is considered normal elsewhere. What is wrong, take note that i'm speaking of offenses like this what i find can be corrected in their behavior, when we speak actual rape what would be the latter step here, we would be entering a conversation i'm more inclined to agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Missing from the blurb is how the judge weighed in on this:

I would guess the judge had to work within sentencing guidelines for the presumed age of the defendant.
    That's what most people have been saying, but it appears it is being twisted by some into him being absolved of any and all crimes, what is a shame.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are when the western world wants to export his morals and values what has been its intend for ages
    I don't really give a shit about the western world beyond some discussions on internet. I'm not going to live there again, I can't stand it. Especially not after so many proved to be utter retards in USA and trump became the president.

With that said, I see no reason why criminals shouldn't be deported when they commit any violent or sexual crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    All molestors should have their head cut off. Particularly refugees who come here for ''aid'' and think they can do whatever the fuck they want because of their ''culture'' back home. Well guess what, bitch, you're a refugee because of your dumbass culture back home!

Why does it matter that he's a refugee here?
    He is a minor and he got the same punishment anyone would get in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    he is not allowed to decide if he wan't to drink or smoke yet, but lets throw him in jail just for lulz. Probably when he'll get out in 5 years he will be such better citizen
    Why the fuck would you have to get to choose if you could drink or smoke in order to get punished for sexual assault? Are you really this stupid? What else should you get away with because you can't drink? Murder? I mean, after all, you're not allowed to smoke!

should break a few of his fingers as punishment, and then some community service like picking up garbage with 1 usable hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this is related to refugee status if that is the case, as i said before i'm for changing laws to apply differently to juveniles.
    No, you made it explicitly clear that you believed that, under the current system's operating expectations, all juvenile offenders committing this same crime could expect the exact same treatment. It doesn't matter whether you are "for changing laws to apply differently to juveniles", that's in the realm of 'what-if' and isn't relevant to this discussion.

Quite clearly, it's related to his refugee status because, as a refugee he evidently has come to this country, allegedly seeking refuge, from his nation of origin. Concessions were made in sentencing, explicitly, because this individual was raised in a different country with a different, prodigiously misogynist culture that conditioned him in such a way as to normalise sexual assault of women. That we grant refuge to people with this systemic malfunction is bad enough; handwaving the legal consequences of the behaviours that stem from it is positively evil and condoning such despicable cultural traditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why does it matter that he's a refugee here?
    He is a minor and he got the same punishment anyone would get in his situation.
    Because the right is in constant spooge mode over anything negative about refugees.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archimonde9999 View Post
    Judge David Kent has ruled the refugee will undergo a “positive sexuality course" to help him immerse into Western culture and he will be put on 2 years probation.

So it's okay in their country to do this stuff. This sexuality course is the last shit lol don't they have brains that you just don't do such things?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you made it explicitly clear that you believed that, under the current system's operating expectations, all juvenile offenders committing this same crime could expect the exact same treatment. It doesn't matter whether you are "for changing laws to apply differently to juveniles", that's in the realm of 'what-if' and isn't relevant to this discussion.

Quite clearly, it's related to his refugee status because, as a refugee he evidently has come to this country, allegedly seeking refuge, from his nation of origin. Concessions were made in sentencing, explicitly, because this individual was raised in a different country with a different, prodigiously misogynist culture that conditioned him in such a way as to normalise sexual assault of women. That we grant refuge to people with this systemic malfunction is bad enough; handwaving the legal consequences of the behaviours that stem from it is positively evil and condoning such despicable cultural traditions.
    I don't see it being handwaved in the article i read.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it being handwaved in the article i read.
    Are you referring to the societal reaction to the crime, or (as I was), the legal reaction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you referring to the societal reaction to the crime, or (as I was), the legal reaction?
    I don't see hand waving happening anywhere, he was convicted and people merely point out that he was convicted within the limits of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So sexual assault is ok as long as it's a kid doing it?
    Isnt grabbin puss sanctioned now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Isnt grabbin puss sanctioned now?
    It's okay when Trump does it/talks about it. That is just 'locker room talk'. But like with all crimes, if you are not rich, it is less okay.

17 years old is very very close to the line between adult and juvenile....

Personally, I don't think there is enough information provided to call it,

If he's been brought up in a way he doesn't understand the actions of what he does to women, and he legit thought this acceptable behavior, I agree with the course and 2 years, although I'd of said a week or two inside a low secruity prison as a crash scare course would of been in order.

If he's come over and actively disrespects, thinks he can get away, scummy attitude etc, then he should of have the book thrown at him.

Deleted
    This shouldnt happen in the first place. If you invite people to your country you should be vigilant what cultures attributes he comes with. Makes sure he understands how you supposed to behave.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because the right is in constant spooge mode over anything negative about refugees.
    "The right"? No, it's more stupid people in general, I'd say.