Free comic day!!

It's that time of the year again! Free comic book day is on the 6th. Are you guys going? The comic shop I goto usually has good deals on graphic novels on free comic day so I'll be going to try and get a new one to read. Also may try and get some new Inhumans vs xmen comics.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

While I wouldn't mind going. I don't forsee myself going at 4am just to camp outside the store for when it opens at 8am only to be told when I get up there they ran out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    While I wouldn't mind going. I don't forsee myself going at 4am just to camp outside the store for when it opens at 8am only to be told when I get up there they ran out.
    Huh? Really? Is that actually a thing? Waiting for that long for comic books these days (that you might not actually even get, no less)? Not that I disapprove or anything. Just didn't think people actually cared anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Huh? Really? Is that actually a thing? Waiting for that long for comic books these days (that you might not actually even get, no less)? Not that I disapprove or anything. Just didn't think people actually cared anymore.
    I assume it's because they are free and sometimes they have covers or something exclusive to the day. So you have the EBay resellers in force too. All I know is the last couple years I got there (because there was something possibly in the bag that I was interested in) and there was a decent line. Get to the front and find out they've been out for several people now and how long the line is.

Then I get disappointed because I woke up early for nothing.

Nah, I don't need pictures in my books, I'm a grown up now.

I take it that's an american thing, eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I take it that's an american thing, eh?
    Probably.

Did Google magic and found out there are four comic book stores in Finland. I have never seen or heard of any of them. None of them seem to give out free comics. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Probably.

Did Google magic and found out there are four comic book stores in Finland. I have never seen or heard of any of them. None of them seem to give out free comics. o_O
    So free comic day is a little different than you're understanding. So on the saturday in May comic book publishers will come up with a number of comic books that you can come get for free. You can usually get 2 or 3 of them. The free comics don't come out of the stores regular stock. But most comic stores have some good deals on their own stock. It's a lot of fun.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I assume it's because they are free and sometimes they have covers or something exclusive to the day. So you have the EBay resellers in force too. All I know is the last couple years I got there (because there was something possibly in the bag that I was interested in) and there was a decent line. Get to the front and find out they've been out for several people now and how long the line is.

Then I get disappointed because I woke up early for nothing.
    Kind of reminds me about how even just a decade ago people were lining up for Toys the same way.

Hell of a bitch to get an Alien Queen toy. They'd only end up with 3 and they sell straight out of the stock cut cardboard box.

It must have happened a long, long time ago too, to explain why I never found any of the figurines I actually wanted when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Nah, I don't need pictures in my books, I'm a grown up now.
    Said the dude on a video game forum.

I hope they will do it for manga one day.
    Last edited by clementime; 2017-08-02 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clementime View Post
    I hope they will do it for manga one day.
    There is a Zelda manga being given away this year.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I read my comics either on marvel unlimted or on a not tottaly legal site that has almost every new comic from multiple publishers. The only comics I buy in paper are the walking dead continuums.

Never been a fan of the comic books themselves, but did kinda think about getting some of my favorites here and there. Haven't though, I have a feeling I'd end up spending way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================