Thread: Life help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Isn't there a welfare system where you live that can set you up with a temporary place to live, rest up and go from there?
    In most places in the US single males with no children don't qualify for welfare. I don't know where the OP is from
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Full time job should be #1 priority really. Go get a job, whatever you find.

As for the sleeping situation, you could find somewhere else to stay, invest in earplugs or figure something else out. If you don't feel healthy, get healthier.

None of it's easy, but doesn't sound like the alternative is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I know plenty of people who are completely functional on the same spotty sleep schedule.

It really sounds like you are making excuses for your life being shitty, when in reality it's your own choices.

Not trying to be harsh, but sometimes people need a bit of real, and that's what it sounds like you need.
    I've had a lot of real, as I am ex infantry you keyboard warrior, you probably have been babies your whole life and don't know what it's like to go thru a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by digitalskill987 View Post
    I've had a lot of real, as I am ex infantry you keyboard warrior, you probably have been babies your whole life and don't know what it's like to go thru a hard time
    Judging from this thread I can't imagine why you can't hold a job.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I hope if you ever go thru a hard time someone comes up to you saying you need some real in your life, and you just assume my body functions just like everyone, which it mostly does I'm human, you don't know my back story yet you choose to assume shit

At least I don't act like a boot bitch.

Now you really sound like someone who blames others for your own problems. You think you're the only one who has had it hard, or has issues related to your service. Join the fucking club. Stop being a victim of your own choices and own them. Move on, work harder, challenge your life in ways you didn't think you could. One thing I noticed after getting out was how much easier life was when you had little control over your day to day. With more choices and opportunity available to you in the real world, it seems you are struggling with your freedom, and hoping others will make the choices for you.

If you really can't hack it, just reenlist back to the Army. Or try to enter another branch.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    At least I don't act like a boot bitch.

Now you really sound like someone who blames others for your own problems. You think you're the only one who has had it hard, or has issues related to your service. Join the fucking club. Stop being a victim of your own choices and own them. Move on, work harder, challenge your life in ways you didn't think you could. One thing I noticed after getting out was how much easier life was when you had little control over your day to day. With more choices and opportunity available to you in the real world, it seems you are struggling with your freedom, and hoping others will make the choices for you.

If you really can't hack it, just reenlist back to the Army. Or try to enter another branch.
    I can't because of medical issues which is why I got out I wanted to but nope, I can't even think straight from not sleeping

I hope if you ever go thru a hard time someone comes up to you saying you need some real in your life, and you just assume my body functions just like everyone, which it mostly does I'm human, you don't know my back story yet you choose to assume shit
    I mean you're assuming that the people in this thread have never been through hard times... Clearly you're the only one in the world with problems.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not move in with your parents, unless that's an issue? If you're sick and you need to recover, then that maybe your best option.

I can't because of medical issues which is why I got out I wanted to but nope, I can't even think straight from not sleeping
    Have you gone to a VA hospital and had a sleep study done? What's your disability currently rated at?
    I'd start there. Focus all your energy into that, get your mother fucking movie check for the US government using your likeness in their Obama war movie.

After that, when you are getting paid, go back to school or a technical school, find some shit that you either like doing, or would like the money that you get from doing it.

And for god's sake, find a VFW or American Legion and talk to some dudes there. They've been there, they'll talk and help you out. It's better than this place where maybe 10-20 people have an idea on what you've gone through and most people are concerned with facebook activism.
    They may also have contacts that can help you get a real job, or have a real place to sleep.

Go to school, use your G.I bill.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Unless his job involves customer service dealing with sanctimonious bellends.

Well.. it is tough when we don't know what is wrong with you. You can't blame people for not knowing you are handicapped. People here have given you good advice and you berate them instead. Good luck and I hope you solve it on your own. Don't come here and ask for advice and then have such a shitty attitude.

Look man, don't look for help here, or on forums. Find a family member or friend you can trust. You won't find any empathy or support here. Instead of asking questions and listening, they will only judge you and make your mental state worse. Seek help in the real.

He's never once said where he is...that's a warning bell to me.

Deleted
    Atleast babies can sleep during the day

People with actual infantry training learn to sleep at will in the middle of a crowded football stadium, none of this "I can't sleep in daylight" horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    People with actual infantry training learn to sleep at will in the middle of a crowded football stadium, none of this "I can't sleep in daylight" horseshit.
    In basic training I used to get in trouble for falling asleep in the chow line. Standing up.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

In basic training I used to get in trouble for falling asleep in the chow line. Standing up.
    You learned your lessons well, soldier.

I cannot do 3rd I literally cannot sleep if it's daylight out
    Curtains or wear a blindfold. You can get a blindfold at a dollar store and earplugs too.