Thread: Life help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Life help

Probably not the best spot to ask but asking on all the forums I'm apart of

I'll just get into it I have 70$ to my name no job, lost it is due to shifty living situation and being sick all the time because people don't let me sleep where I live, constantly smoking around me and Dont know what to do. I cannot hold a job living here because there's constantly people making massive noise because they have no respect so I literally maybe get 3 to 4 hours of sleep a day and I don't know what to do I don't feel healthy enough to do anything, also I definitely do not eat enough either

Nothing you can do but power through it. Get a full time job and then save up enough to move out. Its not going to be a fast or easy solution, but its all you can really do. Possibly try to get a roomate or move in with a friend. No matter what, you're just going to have to work through the bs. I had to deal with that for awhile. Try telling them that the smoke makes you sick. I have a smoke allergy so I had to tell my family to stop smoking near me. They also loved to keep waking me up all night long.

I was in a situation exactly like this. Just try your best to power through it. If you can move with another family member or with someone else, I would say do it. While you don't have a job is the best time to move in with someone you may not have wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Try to move in somewhere else, sharing an apartment isn't good, but it's better than to only get 3 hours of sleep. But first call the cops on those noise making dicks.

move out. I believe homeless shelters will take you in while you find work and get a place to live.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Get a night shift job so you're not there when they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I cannot do 3rd I literally cannot sleep if it's daylight out

Quote Originally Posted by digitalskill987 View Post
    Buy curtains

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Call the cops. There are noise laws.
    2) Get SNAP/Unemployment/Welfare until you can get a job.
    3) Get a job, move on.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Blackout curtains or invest in one of those face masks that blocks light.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    @digitalskill987 you're a winner. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    GIGO You'll get clearer and more effective suggestions if we know a bit more about your situation. New York is a different situation from DeKalb, and neither will really match Serbia for specifics. Choices at 17 are somewhat different from those when you're 37.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Life is full of ups & Downs

Quite a few Millionaires have been down & out, before coming back

Joining the military might be an option for you. I joined so did a few other members of this forum.

Oh yeah, earplugs, get those soft foam ones for about a $1 from a drug store. I use them when I travel and stay in motels cause there might be noisy neighbors, traffic noise from outside, etc.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-04-30 at 10:33 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Joining the military might be an option for you. I joined so did a few other members of this forum.

Oh yeah, earplugs, get those soft foam ones for about a $1 from a drug store. I use them when I travel and stay in motels cause there might be noisy neighbors, traffic noise from outside, etc.
    I am now addicted to earplugs. Literally cannot fall asleep without them anymore.

But yea, get them + a sleeping blindfold. This should help you get enough sleep to get through a proper day of work. Save money and then move out.

Do you live near a coastal area? If so, maybe work at the harbor might be something for you, they usually pay good but it tends to be tough.

Do you have any education?

Not enough info...location, location, location...

Just decided I rather be homeless then live in this shit hole, it's a families place also no apartment, I should shame them online because they are disgusting, I'm the only one that cleans here

I should shame them online because they are disgusting, I'm the only one that cleans here
    That would be so grown up.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Just decided I rather be homeless then live in this shit hole, it's a families place also no apartment, I should shame them online because they are disgusting, I'm the only one that cleans here
    Isn't there a welfare system where you live that can set you up with a temporary place to live, rest up and go from there?

Look for a week by week rental place. They are not he best places but, you get a room and quiet for ~100 bucks a week. THe people living there are typically alcoholic factory workers, not the best people, but they probably won't steal your shit and they pass out early.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

snipr
    I know plenty of people who are completely functional on the same spotty sleep schedule.

It really sounds like you are making excuses for your life being shitty, when in reality it's your own choices.

Not trying to be harsh, but sometimes people need a bit of real, and that's what it sounds like you need.