Deleted

New Gaming PC help/advice needed! :)

Hello!

I am looking to buy a gaming PC and my budget is £1,000 - £1,500. I'm based in the UK in South Yorkshire.

Within this budget I'd like the PC, 2 monitors, Gaming Keyboard (Already have a gaming mouse) and Software such as Windows 10 and Microsoft office. I'll be buying a PC desk and Gaming chair outside of said budget so any potential savings would be great to help go towards those two items.

I will be using the PC to mainly play WOW and general stuff like internet access and some work on excel/word.

I often have multiple things open so for example WOW and Internet with multiple windows open and also things like excel.

I would like one SSD and one regular HD, I need a wireless card and want it to run smooth. (60+FPS in a 20man raid)

I was definately thinking an i7 would be the route to go and would like 16gb of ram or higher because of the multiple tasks. With the graphics card obviously I want the best bang for my buck as I know this component is important.

Would really appreciate some advice from people who know what they are talking about as this is definitely not my area of expertise. I'm open to suggestions buand would like all of what I said above to be taken into consideration.

Thankyou in advance! Looking forward to hearing some of your suggestions so I can order ASAP!

Tom

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£311.94 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£22.49 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: MSI Z270-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£104.57 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£74.68 @ More Computers)
    Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£44.44 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 4GB GAMING X Video Card (£212.82 @ More Computers)
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case (£57.60 @ Kustom PCs)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 (EU) 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£78.24 @ Aria PC)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN823N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter (£8.98 @ PC World Business)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (£238.08 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: Asus VX239H 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor (£142.80 @ Aria PC)
    Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard (£88.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Other: Windows 10 key from Kinguin (£25.61)
    Other: Office 2016 - Home and Business Key from Kinguin (£33.99)
    Total: £1487.20
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-30 16:09 BST+0100

Part reasoning:

CPU: i7 as requested. This is the "k" version so you can overclock it later when you want extra performance.
    CPU Cooler: The iconic 212 evo... with a shiny fan.
    Mobo: MSI is a brand I trust. This is a no frills board. What you need and nothing you don't.
    RAM: 8Gbs is more than enough. Nothing you listed will even get you close to using it up. Upgrade it later if you really want.
    SSD: 120 Gbs big enough for your OS and a few programs. It's dirt cheap.
    HDD: A WD blue. Vanilla is so popular because it is so damn good.
    GPU: A 580 with the one of the best aftermarket coolers. You can consider a 1060 6gb if you swing team green.
    Case: Will fit your parts and look good doing it.
    PSU: Excellent power supply. Never cheap out on your PSU.
    Software: Windows 10 and Office 2016 will need to be purchased off a third party seller, Kinguin. Included in the price is the protection plan in case you get a bad code. With the plan it's safe.
    Monitors: First is a 24" TN panel that has 1MS response and 144Hz refresh rate. This will be your gaming monitor. The second is a 23" IPS panel with 5MS response and 60Hz refresh rate. This will serve as your "other things" panel. IPS since you will be viewing it at an angle.
    Keyboard: Mechanical; Cherry MX Red switches. Back lit. Reputable brand and cheap.
    Wifi Adapter: It's there. You would be better benefited trying to figure out how to hook directly in though.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Was gonna post a similar build but never bothered cause of the screens, not sure if you wanted 144Hz or not so never bothered.

Few things to add to ovm33 build.

1) Its not about swinging team green, WoW and any Blizzard game behaves better with nvidia, simple fact, go for the 1060 6GB, the EVGA SC one was at the same price.

2)Get PCIx1 Wifi Card, no USB crap if its supposed to be a gaming PC they are simply more stable even better if you get one with extension and antenna, had the best results with these types but depends on the distance, height bla bla..

The rest are a matter of favoritism of brands so its all the same.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-30 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks Guys I appreciate the suggestions

Any one else with anything to add?

Also can someone clarify what kind of GPU I would need to run two monitors around 24-27inch and also if I should go for 8gb ram or 16gb+

Thankyou

-

Quote Originally Posted by Tommiguntom View Post
    Thanks Guys I appreciate the suggestions

Any one else with anything to add?

Also can someone clarify what kind of GPU I would need to run two monitors around 24-27inch and also if I should go for 8gb ram or 16gb+

Thankyou

-
    Pretty much any modern GPU is capable of running 2 monitors these days.