Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post Is WoW productive?

1) How old are you?

2) Are you employed or a student?

3) On a given week, about how many hours do you spend playing WoW?

4) Why do you play WoW?

5) Do you think that playing WoW is a productive use of your time?

6) Why or why not?

1. 29
    2. Employed
    3. None anymore
    4. I did because I was addicted
    5. Not at all
    6. No game is. Most the time spent at the computer is not productive, especially when playing any games.. but then again, its not productive to be sat here watching a movie either so.. Do I care? No

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    1. 29
    2. Employed
    3. None anymore
    4. I did because I was addicted
    5. Not at all
    6. No game is. Most the time spent at the computer is not productive, especially when playing any games.. but then again, its not productive to be sat here watching a movie either so.. Do I care? No
    Why are you active on WoW forums if you're not playing the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    1) 44
    2) Employed
    3) 8-10 hours/week
    4) Cause if I wasn't playing WOW I'd be watching DVD's or playing another game, so it doesn't really matter
    5) Nope, but no leisure time is "productive"
    6) When I'm not working, my time is my own. I don't care if I'm "productive"

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Top news on the mmo champion homepage

- - - Updated - - -

Top news on the mmo champion homepage. "recent forum posts" I mean

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) How old are you?

Employed

Too many. 15-20ish?

4) Why do you play WoW?
    Because I've played since late vanilla and I'm too invested in my characters and the world to give up on it.

Yes.

6) Why or why not?
    Because I still enjoy it?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    1) How old are you?
    Old enough to dislike mentioning it.

Technically, I'm disabled now. I was working at home until last month.

It varies widely, 30-50, I assume. I AFK a lot, though, and I've been playing less and less due to my disability, even though I'd prefer to play more with the time...

4) Why do you play WoW?
    I find it fun and rich in lore, which is significantly better than nearly every other MMO that I've played. I also like fun people that I've encountered when playing.

It's not as profitable, but it certainly is more affordable than most other hobbies, but I do other hobbies as well. So, as a medium for entertainment, yes, it is. Very much so.

6) Why or why not?
    When you think about it, entertainment is costly. WoW is 15$, 20$ if you count the token (or the gold worth the token) at best, per month. That is extremely cheap compared to anything else that I can think of for 15$ that is about 120-200+ hours per month of entertainment.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Top news on the mmo champion homepage

- - - Updated - - -

Top news on the mmo champion homepage. "recent forum posts" I mean
    I don't understand what this means. You stopped playing the game. But you're still reading and replying to threads about a game you're no longer playing. This makes no sense to me.

What's with this fixation on all of our time being spent doing "productive" things? Activities don't have to be productive to be worthwhile or enjoyable.

1) How old are you?

Employed.

Somewhere in the 25+ hours range, it's my primary leisure hobby.

4) Why do you play WoW?
    It's fun, and it's social- I still play with many of my friends.

No.

6) Why or why not?
    It doesn't earn me money, and it doesn't 'create' anything. It doesn't 'produce.' But that's what my day job is for- my time outside of work is for my own use, and using it to spend time doing things I enjoy and interacting with people I enjoy is worthwhile.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't understand what this means. You stopped playing the game. But you're still reading and replying to threads about a game you're no longer playing. This makes no sense to me.
    There are several people like that, I have never ever understood them either... They openly chastise the game, Blizzard, or video games as a whole, such as this guy, but spend hours lurking on a gaming forum for a game that they hate...
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2017-04-30 at 03:49 AM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

15+ Year Old Account
    Id say you must be new here but your not this forum is barely half wow at this point go look at the number of posts in GenOT.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Why would it be "productive" and who cares? It's just entertainment, a leisure activity.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Uh.... over 40
    2. Employed full time
    3. On average about 35 hours (ugh)
    4. Because I enjoy it.
    5. Definitely not.
    6. I know it's just pixels, but I don't care. Been playing since vanilla and it's what I do. Used to do more crafts and watch a whole lot more TV. Sometimes I feel guilty about things I could/should be doing instead, but I get over it.

1) How old are you?

Employed

10-15 (at the moment, 20-40 when not employed, self-employed, ill, etc.)

4) Why do you play WoW?
    Because I've played since vanilla release and even when it is no longer that MMORPG i am looking for, its better than the rest. sad but true.

Yes. Because define productive for beings that live and die? Best definition of being productive as human is having fun until you die, or give help to other beings/planet/universe, or both. Or in short: This is a really stupid question.

6) Why or why not?
    Because i wanna play a deep dive MMORPG and couldnt find a better one.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-30 at 03:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Id say you must be new here but your not this forum is barely half wow at this point go look at the number of posts in GenOT.
    This THREAD is about WoW. That's what i said. I personally don't understand why people would be reading, less alone replying to, THREADS, about a game they are no longer playing.

For me, I post a lot in sports and off topic (general, movies/tv, sports... sure i said sports twice). And with IMDB forums down, this IS my forum spot now. I quit and come back a lot. As of now, I'm in the middle of what I figure will be 2 weeks off of wow. I'm probably tokened into wow for 8ish months of the 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account
    This THREAD is about WoW. That's what i said. I personally don't understand why people would be reading, less alone replying to, THREADS, about a game they are no longer playing.
    Are people not allowed to still fallow and read about something they dont play anymore?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    There are several people like that, I have never ever understood them either... They openly chastise the game, Blizzard, or video games as a whole, such as this guy, but spend hours lurking on a gaming forum for a game that they hate...
    yep. stupid as hell. never will get that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    What's with this fixation on all of our time being spent doing "productive" things? Activities don't have to be productive to be worthwhile or enjoyable.

1) How old are you?

Employed.

Somewhere in the 25+ hours range, it's my primary leisure hobby.

4) Why do you play WoW?
    It's fun, and it's social- I still play with many of my friends.

No.

6) Why or why not?
    It doesn't earn me money, and it doesn't 'create' anything. It doesn't 'produce.' But that's what my day job is for- my time outside of work is for my own use, and using it to spend time doing things I enjoy and interacting with people I enjoy is worthwhile.
    i assume this is for a school project. this leads to the fact the OP is in an age of 12-25. to me, it look likes these ppl are trained to be "productive". or "effective". (what nice words for total crap). this must be the reason why most of them need a green small button to insta-jump into raids (can we even name this "raids" ?) and never can focus on or play games longer than 30 minutes, while keep on twitter, facebook, instagram, news, whatsapp, snapchat and what the hell all of that shit.

first world problem: "i am not "productive" enough!!! qeeeeeek!!!"
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-30 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Are people not allowed to still fallow and read about something they dont play anymore?
    Sure they are. I just don't understand it. I read & reply to WoW forums because i play WoW. It's like an extension of it. Reading & replying on forums about a game i don't play makes no sense to me.

1) How old are you?
    65, female

Pensioner

30-50, depending on how ill I feel

4) Why do you play WoW?
    Been playing almost 10 years. I am housebound so better for me than sat watching TV all day, keeps my mind and hands active.

What else should I do? I have friends across Europe I've known 5-6 years and keep in touch through WoW.

6) Why or why not?
    Why not? As I said better than sat like a cabbage watching TV. I cannot raid or PvP as my reactions are too slow now, but can quest and level and enjoy the activity and scenery.