Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    To all the people complaining about lack of bald

Reinhardt's hair was amazing

Orisa, Bastion, Zen, all bald.
    From this, I believe we can equate that all bald men are robots. Not a long shot is it? I'll use this as factual evidence from now on, bookmarking this page for future reference.

Seeing that 33% of bald appearances in Overwatch are thoroughly hated, we can also assume that at least 33% of bald men are to be hated. Not only that, but we can go as far as speculating that bald men are, indeed, to blame for the Omnic Crysis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Bioware's games also have a lot of diversity. Gays, bisexuals, crossdressers, black gerontophiles, etc. Let's remember how successful Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda were...
    Yeah, because it was that one transgender character in DA:I that ruined the WHOLE GAME!!!

And as for Andromeda, the "social progression" wasn't the problem with the game. The problem with ME:A was that it was rushed so EA or BW could meet Quarter 1. It's a game that needed a shit ton of polish and should not have been released for at least another 3 months, if not more.

It wasn't because of that one random transgender character on Eos.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    From this, I believe we can equate that all bald men are robots. Not a long shot is it? I'll use this as factual evidence from now on, bookmarking this page for future reference.

Seeing that 33% of bald appearances in Overwatch are thoroughly hated, we can also assume that at least 33% of bald men are to be hated. Not only that, but we can go as far as speculating that bald men were, indeed, the cause for the Omnic Crysis.
    Orisa has a female voice. Thus can be called female. Did you just assume her gender? Also Doomfist is bald

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think a handful does. Everyone else just wants to play a game without the nonsense around it.
    Indeed.

That Tracer is a lesbian is nice and all, the Overwatch comic was alright, whatever. In game however, really don't give a shit. I just wanna pew pew lazors. And Tracer is one of my favorites because of her gameplay, not who she fucks off screen.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Indeed.

That Tracer is a lesbian is nice and all, the Overwatch comic was alright, whatever. In game however, really don't give a shit. I just wanna pew pew lazors. And Tracer is one of my favorites because of her gameplay, not who she fucks off screen.
    More importantly, that comic gave us the best info.

Torb is married and has 7 kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orisa has a female voice. Thus can be called female. Did you just assume her gender? Also Doomfist is bald

Orisa may indeed possess what we could consider a female voice, but reality is quite different as this lack of voice depth is simply a side effect of premature testicular mutilation as depicted in "The Book of Ephi", chapter 6, section 12.A.

"And thus, shortly upon inception, the Maker took a screwdriver and proceeded to remove Orisa's testicular implants, lest further degeneration of OR15 should not happen."

It is somewhat of an obscure fact that does not really interest much of the general public, can't blame you on that. Doomfist being bald would bring a whole new array of possibilities to Overwatch, such as a "Waxed 8-Ball Doomfist" skin or "Bald Power" decals, thoroughly hyped myself.

I don't get it.

I like Pharah because of her gameplay. I could care less that she is a female or Egyptian. Literally 0 cares.

I like Genji because I'm a weeb. Not to mention the thought of getting to play a cybernetic fucking ninja in an online shooter? He's probably the reason the game is so popular. I don't care that he's Japanese or a male. He could have been Black/Hispanic/Thai/Chinese/or Native American or a female of any of those and it wouldn't change a damn thing.

I like Roadhogs kit, but I dislike his aesthetic. If he was from Singapore/Brazil It wouldn't make me like him more or less.

Not to mention, didn't like Street Fighter do this shit first way back in the late 80's early 90's. Just more agenda bullshit. Games have been doing this for decades. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Orisa may indeed possess what we could consider a female voice, but reality is quite different as this lack of voice depth is simply a side effect of premature testicular mutilation as depicted in "The Book of Ephi", chapter 6, section 12.A.

"And thus, shortly upon inception, the Maker took a screwdriver and proceeded to remove Orisa's testicular implants, lest further degeneration of OR15 should not happen."

It is somewhat of an obscure fact that does not really interest much of the general public, can't blame you on that. Doomfist being bald would bring a whole new array of possibilities to Overwatch, such as a "Waxed 8-Ball Doomfist" skin or "Bald Power" decals, thoroughly hyped myself.
    Bald PPPOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEERRRR POW POW POW POW!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I don't get it.

I like Pharah because of her gameplay. I could care less that she is a female or Egyptian. Literally 0 cares.

I like Genji because I'm a weeb. Not to mention the thought of getting to play a cybernetic fucking ninja in an online shooter? He's probably the reason the game is so popular. I don't care that he's Japanese or a male. He could have been Black/Hispanic/Thai/Chinese/or Native American or a female of any of those and it wouldn't change a damn thing.

I like Roadhogs kit, but I dislike his aesthetic. If he was from Singapore/Brazil It wouldn't make me like him more or less.

Not to mention, didn't like Street Fighter do this shit first way back in the late 80's early 90's. Just more agenda bullshit. Games have been doing this for decades. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Deleted
    Indeed.

Unless... they get a special "scissor" move. Then you may color me interested ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I really hope that creating outlandish, cartoonish (and I'm not just saying that because they look drawn) versions of the races/cultures/sexes/genders/orientations/nationalities is not considered a win for diversity? If anything I would have thought this would piss people off when the game first came out.

LET'S BREAK IT DOWN!
    Are the overwatch characters all that stereotypical, though? They all seem to have some core traits that can be attributed to their nacionalities, but most feel like their own characters. Of course, as representatives of their places in the world they need something to clarify their origin, but none struck me as much of a misrepresentation.

I saw people throwing D.Va around, so let's use her as an example. She would be a stereotype because "south korean gamer" seems like a cliche. However, it must be taken in consideration that: a) Blizzard owns Starcraft and probably is very aware of how much its success depended on the South Korean market. Her beign a pro-gamer feels more like an acknowledgement, a letter of appreciation to the Korean gamers that supported their company; b) In South Korea there are a lot of issues with female gamers, moreso than in the US. D.Va has even become a sort of rallying image to many female gamers there. Thus, one could argue that being a female korean gamer already takes her out of the stereotype zone.

Other than that, she you can infer by her voice lines/emotes/etc that she is cocky, somewhat vain, can be chill or silly and somewhat pandering, is brave and unafraid to get into the fray and is generally a cutesy-girly type. Are those South Korean stereotypes? Not that I'm aware of.

Hell, if the only character that I have an slight issue with is one that I think does not represent its country all that much, which would be Lúcio. I mean, there are no brazilian hockey players...

So, if you could tell me which characters from Overwatch are "outlandish, cartoonish versions of their races/cultures/sexes/genders/orientations/nationalities", I'd be grateful, as you actually got me curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because it was that one transgender character in DA:I that ruined the WHOLE GAME!!!

And as for Andromeda, the "social progression" wasn't the problem with the game. The problem with ME:A was that it was rushed so EA or BW could meet Quarter 1. It's a game that needed a shit ton of polish and should not have been released for at least another 3 months, if not more.

It wasn't because of that one random transgender character on Eos.
    I didn't say those games were bad because of LGBT crammed into them. They were bad because developers slacked off and/or rushed the release. Point being, "diversity" and other SJW stuff doesn't help the game's popularity (IMO, it only irritates some people). Overwatch is successful because it's Blizzard's game (which grants it a certain level of trust in advance), it's pretty polished and balanced.

Bald PPPOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEERRRR POW POW POW POW!

- - - Updated - - -

DOES NOT COMPUTE!
    Fair point. Well played.

Better to have said I like Ninja's and Samurai's and shit. I don't care that they originate from Japan, if they originated from Cuba I would still like them aesthetically just as much.