Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    I disagree, it had achieved quite a bit.
    Like what?

Diversity played a minor role in the success of Overwatch. Diversity and variation can be a good thing, if done right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    People from China, Japan, India, etc like seeing a character that represents them. For us in Nevada we have McCree.
    This sir. /hats off
    to everyone, read the sentence in a wild west bar setting.

Why no Canadians in Overwatch? Oversight?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    But is Overwatch actually combating discrimination and racism or allowing people to live out their male fantasy of killing people of other races, queers, BBWs and spastics/retarded people?

e.g. I love to target Symmetra in Overwatch. I will throw the game just to spawn camp Symmetra and mercilessly teabag her, because there's this ****** annoying autistic kid at my school and while I can't do anything to him in real life I can transfer my rage to the sperg in Overwatch.

I also love making my sister cry by pointing to Mei and saying that's you, you fatso.
    Talking about mental illness...

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    I also love making my sister cry by pointing to Mei and saying that's you, you fatso.
    Mei isn't even fat, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had "diversity" in video games. Diversity doesn't make Overwatch great. Overwatch is great because it's an enjoyable game. I didn't even notice diversity is what they were pushing until just now. Now I'm just letting out a sigh because this over emphasis on diversity is getting annoying. I don't want to play "Political simulator 2k17" I want to play a video game to escape from the constant political messages being slung my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    She's not thin either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Gamergate achieved very little in the years it has been active.
    If anything they made things worse

Sarkeezian spoke at the damn UN!

They also recognised that diversity isn’t just about the narrative elements, but can be enabled by the structure of the game.
    Overwatch’s Sombra is a hacker reknowned for her stealth and debilitating attacks.
    So Sombra is a sneaky, manipulative character with two X chromosomes who relies on cheap shots to get anything done? How bold and boundary-shattering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumor has it, Lucio was meant to be Canadian.

I don't understand - gouging from the latest Marvel Comic news, people just hate diversity..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Pics of this?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Rumor has it, Lucio was meant to be Canadian.
    That has been debunked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    That has been debunked
    Darn it

At least he has hockey skins

Pharah is from Canada. Confirmed in the comic, not just because she apologizes to someone when killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Pics of this?
    Look at the Lunar New Year event, where she isn't wearing cold weather gear. You know, gear that makes you look 2 times your size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I don't understand - gouging from the latest Marvel Comic news, people just hate diversity..
    Nah, that was a mixture of shit stories, and people being pissed that their favorite hero was all the sudden a black Asian transgender otherkin from Saudi Arabia. It felt extremely forced since they were already established heroes in alot of cases. Some ended up working. Where with Overwatch no one had any attachments to any of the characters because they never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Darn it

At least he has hockey skins
    Michael Chu said in an interview that the BLizzard guys just like hockey and they couldn't find an Portuguese speaking actor

The lack of a cute ginger Irish girl is appalling.