Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i played 1-X2+12 complete.

after 12 i switch to wow^^

X>7>8>5>6

X for the story with sin.. mindblowing!

FF3 (the original) was nearly impossible to purchase in the eu for a long time. obtain a english version finally after x2..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2017-05-08 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favorite will always be FF6 (3) - Followed by FF9 then Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)

FF7 and FFX aren't bad, but the fanatical and overzealous fan base for it have deterred me from the games quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    My personal favorite will always be FF6 (3) - Followed by FF9 then Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)

FF7 and FFX aren't bad, but the fanatical and overzealous fan base for it have deterred me from the games quite a bit.
    To be fair I fucking love 7 but even I will admit it was nowhere near perfect. Translation issues, character blending with the 3D environment, couple of game breaking bugs and so on. But yeah sadly 7 does suffer from the overzealous fan base as you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... I don't have one specific one I love most, but my top three are 6, Tactics, and 14. Keep in mind I don't really think there are any BAD FF games (well, ok, maybe 10-2, 13, and 13-2); I find FF7 a bit overrated but that speaks more to the quality of the franchise as a whole than to FF7's status as an RPG on its own merits. FF7 suffers from the same thing Suikoden IV suffers from--an underperforming entry in a series known for high quality (spotty translations in Suiko1 and 2 aside) that, taken out of that context, still stands tall on its own merits. But I find 6, Tactics, and 14 a cut above the rest, the Suikoden 3 of their franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh soundtrack wise top 3 are easy. 14, 8 and 7 for me.

The amount of amazing music in 14 is just ridiculous. Even some of the remixes of older themes.
    When I first got the Magitek Armor mount, my roommate was hanging out, and when I mounted up we both stopped dead in our tracks, locked eyes, and went, "No way..." Mad props to the FFXIV team for the sheer number of musical references to earlier games. I always walk on my Magitek mount when I'm in Cotheras for a quest or FATE grinding.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

i came here to talk about tentacles... i guess not..

ffxiv does it for me

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, 8 > 10 ~= 12 ~= 7 > 6 > 9 > 4 > 3 > 13

The others I never played/finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Please don't wine in a beer thread. This is a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Hm... I don't have one specific one I love most, but my top three are 6, Tactics, and 14. Keep in mind I don't really think there are any BAD FF games (well, ok, maybe 10-2, 13, and 13-2); I find FF7 a bit overrated but that speaks more to the quality of the franchise as a whole than to FF7's status as an RPG on its own merits. FF7 suffers from the same thing Suikoden IV suffers from--an underperforming entry in a series known for high quality (spotty translations in Suiko1 and 2 aside) that, taken out of that context, still stands tall on its own merits. But I find 6, Tactics, and 14 a cut above the rest, the Suikoden 3 of their franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first got the Magitek Armor mount, my roommate was hanging out, and when I mounted up we both stopped dead in our tracks, locked eyes, and went, "No way..." Mad props to the FFXIV team for the sheer number of musical references to earlier games. I always walk on my Magitek mount when I'm in Cotheras for a quest or FATE grinding.
    IMO this is the best piece from FF14.

Close 2nd and 3rd would be Brute Justice Metal (A8) and Rise (A12).

FF X

It's one of the only games I've cleared multiple times (recently 100%'d it on steam with the new PC version).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Close 2nd and 3rd would be Brute Justice Metal (A8) and Rise (A12).
    My three favorite FFXIV pieces would probably be Oblivion, Penitus (the Praetorium theme), and The Emperor's Wont (the Castrum Meridianum theme).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    My first Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy 7 I played the hell out of the game when I was a child. I have played most of the main games in the game series I just finished 15.

My favorite Final Fantasy is 8 I don't understand why I like it I just did and I still have my old PS1 copy still in mint condition.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am stuck between 7, 9 and 10. Yuna is my bae though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So I'm real happy I found this at Disc Replay for like 3 dollars yesterday. I think I'll get an unopened one off of Amazon and show off this cheap rusty one.

http://i.imgur.com/D6Suv3E.jpg

Disc Replay? Where do you live? lol

I thought Disc Replay was a single store in middle of Illinois lol. I live about 20 minutes away from one.

theres like 2 of them in m neck of the woods >.>

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Disc Replay? Where do you live? lol

I thought Disc Replay was a single store in middle of Illinois lol. I live about 20 minutes away from one.
    Funny you ask. I live in the middle of Illinois :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The one I remember best is FF X. Screwed up getting yuna's ult wep though, stupid ice temple not returnable...

then I also loved 8, X-2, and 12.

Then 4

everything else that's not an MMO was really bleh for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Funny you ask. I live in the middle of Illinois :P
    Hah, crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The one I remember best is FF X. Screwed up getting yuna's ult wep though, stupid ice temple not returnable...

then I also loved 8, X-2, and 12.

Then 4

everything else that's not an MMO was really bleh for me
    You can still go back and get the Macalania one!

For the fully powered Nirvana (And I know because I was just replaying this):

a.) Capture all 9 monsters of the Calm Lands
    b.) Get the Moon Crest from Besaid
    c.) Send Belgemine, which requires you to obtain all the aeons (Which is what the Destruction Sphere is needed for ---to get Anima) except the Magus Sisters. You then duel all her aeons to get the Flower Sceptre, then you need to capture all the monsters on Mt Gagazet, which gives you the Blossom Crown. With the Scepter and Crown, you can get the Magus Sisters, and then you need to duel Belgemine's Magus Sisters, after which you can send her when you win, getting you the Moon Sigil.

The only Destruction Sphere that becomes unavailable after doing the temple is Bevelle. Its really hard to do so, since you literally walk by the chest on the way out. Although if you're playing the HD remake, Dark Shiva and Dark Valefor will be blocking the Macalania and Besaid temples respectfully if you missed it on the first play through.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-27 at 10:53 PM.

Final Fantasy 7 was my first Final Fantasy, and as such, is probably my favorite one of all. Nostalgia, timing in my life, etc all have an influence on that, but it is still my favorite one. Final Fantasy 13 and 15 are close seconds. I tried getting into Final Fantasy 3 and 4 on the DS but good bored with them extremely quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tactics. It still has my favorite plot of all FF games. I enjoyed 7, 10, and 13 a lot to try to get all the hidden stuff and best weapons.

9 was a bore to me outside of Beatrix existing and I returned 12 back about two hours into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8 and 10 are best.