Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Right but you need to see this from a consumer stand point. Most people dont know wtf a pixel is, they just want to know why they should upgrade. People know 4k tv's are 4x the detail of 1080p because the best buy guy told them that, whats harder is understanding 1440p so 2k is the inbetween that just stuck.
    but they understand 720p and 1080p just fine, so why can't they understand 1440p and 2160p?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    but they understand 720p and 1080p just fine, so why can't they understand 1440p and 2160p?
    I dunno man, but i know for certain that is why 2k stuck.

Ive told you this before but also one of the main reasons 1440p gets called 2k is phones, almost every flagship phone on the market is a 1440p screen but go ahead and watch any big phone reviewer on youtube (which some are HUGE btw) they all call them 2k screens.

I dunno man, but i know for certain that is why 2k stuck.

Ive told you this before but also one of the main reasons 1440p gets called 2k is phones, almost every flagship phone on the market is a 1440p screen but go ahead and watch any big phone reviewer on youtube (which some are HUGE btw) they all call them 2k screens.
    Reviewers also say that i5s are better than Ryzen for gaming, but i don't see you mimicking what they say. I see you properly educating people.

Well lol, i dont think its necessarily as important as CPU choice.

There are a lot of things people get wrong that dont really matter, for example peanuts are legumes not nuts.

Well lol, i dont think its necessarily as important as CPU choice.

There are a lot of things people get wrong that dont really matter, for example peanuts are legumes not nuts.
    Choice of monitor and resolution is actually MORE important than CPU choice, so therefore the nomenclature associated with it should be understood properly. No matter what CPU you choose, if you have a 1080p 60hz display, it's not gonna make much of a difference at all.

Obviously lathais, were talking about the terminology here.

And you have that backwards actually, CPU is more important the lower res/details you have (by taking the load off the GPU onto the CPU). But you are correct in assuming CPU does not matter if you are limited to 60 fps on a 1080p monitor, as you wont see those extra frames above that anyways.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *rubs forehead really hard*

You guys are literally feeding Gaidax at this point.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovin' it, lol.

Once you reach consensus in 2K22, let me know.