Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Simple.

Research and Order Hall Missions is a Resource sink.

Just because your main has a lot.
    Doesn't mean you need to snowflake it up

I have opened up over 1k Emissary caches and do them daily on 12 characters and I have never had that much resources since I spam Order Hall Missions.
    I have been 110 since day 1.

You are doing something wrong.
    Sorry
    No idea, perhaps you are doing "something wrong" then, because I too do the EC daily on 12 chars and even my lowest now has over 60k and my highest over 200k OR, all having completed the OH research and running the app since release. But yes, I am sporting full ressource giving bodyguards, as I rather have too much than too few.

And btt, I also never heard someone complaing that he has too much ressources. I only heard people complaining there is nothing they can spend them on.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    What do you think you should be able to spend them on (repeatedly) without making the act of farming them required?
    Hell, I'd even be fine with a turn-in for rep. Something like 1,000-2,000 resources for 100 rep with a faction. Better than nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Do something like a bag with random amount of gold. So 1000 resources might be 50-100g.
    This or. 500 order resource for 1 blood(so you do not gain a profit by turning OR to blood and then to OR)

Deleted
    Being able to send them to alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    People bitch about resources?
    No. But people bitch about other people who have resources.

Deleted
    Only resource I would biatch about would be holy power :P

I'm usually resource starved. Like, i'll do stuff and get up to like 8K, then not log in at all for a week, come back to 45K more gold and like 27 AP chips.

Fuck, my alts tend to gain 1.5 levels from xp missions before I have to go back out and get more resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    So don't you dare try calling me a liar just because you don't know that different classes have different choices.
    I didn't call you a liar, I said the case you present is an outlier and majority of the classes aren't in this situation. I literally went now to wowhead to check the upgrades and there are 3 classes out of 12 that have your "problem", namely hunter, rogue and priest. Everyone else isn't in that situation, only 5 classes have that 100 OR perk and 2 of them have a better option to choose instead (warlock and warrior).

Point is, people who have class perks and bodyguard equipments stacked to maximize OR gains and therefore swim in them, are a minority, the rest of the people who swim in OR are the people who actively farm them because they want paragon mounts or nethershards from Broken Shore treasure / rare farming etc.

The second group is already rewarded for their farm by paragon caches or nethershards or whatever was their primary object of farming, and now they want to be double rewarded by getting something from the by-product of their farm.

Contrary to AP tokens or sentinax beacons or whatever other unwanted by-products of farms we've seen complaints about in this expansion, OR don't take bag space so you don't have to "dump" them, I still have over 4 million apexis left across my alts from WOD but it doesn't bother me...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually finding myself running out of resources lately. I use the Legion app to do those missions a lot and I now don't have enough resources to do anything. It's mostly because I'm focusing on getting flying right now though so world quest grinding is being put on hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Why don't you just stop doing world quests if you don't need the resources? Or replace the weapons on your followers to increase success chance instead of giving you more resources. I am never over 10k resources and I have to replenish them weekly to pay for tokens and missions. If you have over 100k then maybe just chill out and stop collecting them? Eventually you will run out..

Posting this because I keep seeing this complaint.

Edit: What do you want as a reward if you wanted a dump?
    Where can i buy these followers upgrade things? I need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Spending 8k per week for seals, 1k per each raid cache mission, at least 1k per each command center mission if not more (because sorry I can't run 6 starfall / consecration setup it's literally impossible) and all the 7.2 missions costing way more than the old ones (baseline 350 for gold, 600 for rep tokens...) I find myself constantly operating on a deficit and having to actively go out of my way to farm OR to keep a healthy amount.

I don't know how can you casually "not farm them" and accumulate surplus unless 1) you buy seals for gold / skip them 2) you don't send missions.

Btw sitting on broken shore and camping rares / chests counts as actively farming. So is having a gathering prof on every single char and farming bloods. It's funny how much stuff for people doesn't count as farming (as in: "I have too much resources without farming them"), when it is in fact farming.
    One of my alts has 43k OHR right now and spends them on all of that.

All that alt does are Legionfall quests (while picking up any chest I fly by for nethershards as well as killing rares), emissaries, an LFR wing, Withered Army Training, and invasion world quests.

There might be a few things that I'm missing from that list, but the point is that even on an alt where I don't target all world quests, even OHR WQs, I still have more than I'd ever need.

People aren't farming for OHR. They're doing content that just so happens to give OHR as an extra bonus. I don't do Wanted/Danger WQs for their OHR rewards. On alts, I simply do them for emissaries due to the speed of clearing it and on my main I do them for the easy rep. You're completely warping what people are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, 1000 resources for reputation token of 750/1500, then I wouldn't mind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

At least it's not like in real life, man, I'm so fucking tired of being so rich, no matter how much blow or hookers I pay for, it never goes down, keeps going up. Am I cursed? Will I ever get rid of all this cash? Please Dan Bilzerian help me.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have over 100k in unspent resources, so I could use something to spend them on...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    You really would think they could find something better to do than complain about having too much "digi resources."
    *shrug* It's a small, first world problem, but one Bliz could fairly easily fix. They should probably have some kind of a resource dump. I wouldn't call it a complaint, it's more in the neighborhood of a small, pleading suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    *shrug* It's a small, first world problem, but one Bliz could fairly easily fix. They should probably have some kind of a resource dump. I wouldn't call it a complaint, it's more in the neighborhood of a small, pleading suggestion.
    I don't know. I don't feel there needs to be a "dump" for every resource we accumulate. It's not like they take up bag or bank space.

I'd love it if there was a bunch of cool mounts or transmog gear to buy with them, but I would rather they not waste dev time on it.

What would be cool is if there was some kind of "bazaar" or something that sold transmog gear for all types of currencies that game uses, sort of a universal currency dumping zone.

This way, if you wanted a piece of mog gear you could:

1) farm it the old fashioned way
    2) Buy it at the bazaar for some currency you accumulated but have no use for
    3) Or decide which currency you prefer to farm in order to buy that old mog piece (the play the game "your way" option)
    Last edited by Alydael; 2017-05-02 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have to realize that they tried really hard to avoid the issues they had with Garrisons and people just passively collecting resources and turning them into gold across many alts.

But they also didn't want to punish a person from actively playing in the world. The end result is you end up having a surplus on your main, and starved on everything else.

Needs to be something to spend them on.

1) Add a mount or pet(s) that cost a bunch (definitely over 100k)
    2) Add augment runes that are BoP and can be bought with resources
    3) Add a vendor to buy pots, flasks, vantus runes, food for resources (again BoP)
    4) Make the resources BoA for alts

All 4 would help a ton. Number 3 would need some research as it would negatively impact certain markets but is better than letting us buy blood as blood would allow conversion to gold (after using the AH).