Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    People in a biased focus group that voted for Trump still support Trump after 100 days? Shocking. It usually takes time for people to admit that they voted for the wrong person, and 100 days isn't enough. All the democrats need is someone to win Wisconsin/Michigan or Ohio or Pennsylvania to win.
    I think for the Trump voter the exact question isn't that relevant because the other person (Clinton) is somebody they would never vote for.

A more realistic question will be in 3 years when you can choice between Trump and Warren for example

Deleted
    They new fresh faces. And not old dynasties.

No - the anti Clinton machine has done far too much damage on Bill and Hillary to enable them in public politics. Democrats would be foolish to endorse Hillary again.

No chance Clinton runs again she is too damaged politically to do so. That doesn't mean she won't be a major force though. If she can't be king then she will be the kingmaker.

Looking ahead to 2020:
    Biden- Would have won hands down if he ran this time but in 2020 age will be a major concern. Politically his foot in mouth would historically cost him but with Trump now this is mitigated. Still too old and probably has the taint of too much establishment. Still a good guy and he should have ran 2016 but he missed the bus.

Bernie- After the whole DNC scandal there is little chance he will be given the proper chance to win the nomination especially considering people Blame him for Trump getting into the white house by damaging Clinton. The only reason the DNC gave him a chance was to make it appear that Clinton had competition in the primary. Major issue is hes old. Still while Clinton can be the kingmaker whoever gets Bernie's blessing in 2020 will have a major shot of winning the nomination. I honestly think Bernie is the true kingmaker in 2020 to the progressives to get behind someone.

Warner- She gets a check in the women and progressive boxes for the identity politics markers but not only that I believe she would connect to the general public in regards to consumer rights . She also gets a perk that shes feisty enough to get in the mud especially with a mudslinger like Trump which would her better in a general election contest. Her age is a major concern but she I fear she would be branded a Kerry-ique east coast Liberal and that label would stick in the area she needs to win back (the midwest Unionworker who voted for Trump).

Booker- He gets a check in the black boxes for identity politics and he would appear like hes the second coming of Obama. He will probably run but I have a feeling he will get exposed quickly as a corporate sellout and there is a very strong chance of a litmus test of corporate money in 2020 during the primaries. He will probably have a strong run but I seriously doubt he will win.

McAuliffe- If he has a very good chance but that's because he has so many ties to the Clintons they would give him all their supporters, donors and resources. Being this close to Clinton would naturally disgust the progressives but in the current meta progressives are an afterthought especially vs Trump. I have a feeling with we go down this road it would be 2016 Vol.2.

Klobuchar- Shes a very popular politician in her state of Minnesota. She is from the Chicago Law school so she has ties to Obama and could play the successor to Obama card. She is big on Law and Crime so if State prisons and judicial reform become hot topic issues in 2020 she could be a major force. Still basically unknown but shes is someone to watch.

Franken - Say what you want but this guy would be a perfect foil to Trump. Trump already made a Washington a TV show so might as well bring in the professional comedian. Say what you want but Franken is smart and in committee hearing hes is very combative. To me hes the perfect VP in 2020 but I don't think hes can hold the top of the ticket. Plus lets be honest here Stuart Smalley in campaign ads would make the a bit more bearable.

Kamala Harris - She checks all the identity politics boxes but shes from California so she would be branded a west coast liberal and won't win back the Midwest.

If I had to pick who should be the 2020 democratic Nominee:

Sherrod Brown (Senator from Ohio) - If he wins his 2018 race he would be coming off a strong win in a "hostel" state to Democrats (or that's how the narrative should play). He's older (he be 68 in 2020) but compared to Trump that would negate that image. Obviously hes from Ohio so that should mean he wins his home state which damages Trump's re-election chances. Hes has major Union Support which if Trump can't hold hes gets defeated easily. His union image would bleed over into Penn. and Michigan. He's anti-NAFTA so if Trump can't improve economic standing then he can basically play the "OK let me show you how its done" narrative. Hes considered one of the more liberal members of the senate so he promises something to the progressives there will be less skepticism than other Democrats. The thing is Senator Brown was a populist before populism became "cool".

If Sherrod Brown is in play he is in direct competition with those voters who made Trump president. Trump's win if you actually look at the details was a complete fluke. Trump won by taking a small amount of Democrats in the Bluewall in hopes of better economic opportunities vs someone who looks to be an extension of the corporations. If Trump even loses 10% of this support hes done. So to retain this support he not only has to figure out how to grow an economy that is basically at full employment to the levels of an emerging market (4% GDP is a very tall order), he has to get wages up considering we are basically at the eve of the technological/automation revolution (basically its happening right now, Major Box stores are closing locations due to online presences and Restaurants are going more towards online ordering/computerized Points of Contact ordering food) and has to prevent a major market meltdown (if you look at economic factors we are showing very eerily similar numbers and economic rations in 2006 and there is a very strong possibility of a Derivatives market crash, a student loan market crash and the stock markets are looking a bit overpriced).

If one or more of these things happen that would allow the narrative of "let me show you how you really fix these issues" to be played by him.
    Last edited by akris15; 2017-05-02 at 05:55 PM.

Hilary is not running. I am sure there are capitalist cronies out there who would very much want to see that happen but it is not going to happen. Quite frankly the whole DNC is f'ed up with the corruption scandals and the class action lawsuit.

The DNC's latest statement can be interpreted that they are allowed to favor a candidate over others which is total BS. Not sure why I don't see any outrage over that in these forums but that is where the Democrats issues lie. Not without but within. Ms. Warren is a POS product of the system but she does not lie about the system being rigged. It is kind of funny because Trump made the same assertion. DNC as whole needs a new platform other than corporate cronyism that Hilary Clinton represented. DNC needs to find their way back to the poor working class voters that they seem to have alienated instead of illegal immigrants. Supporting illegal immigration is a long term strategy which is fine but that does nothing for the here and now. Quite frankly they already have the illegal immigrant vote so why do they need to do more? Definitely not their finest hour. As long as they continue down the path of negativity and condescension of the uneducated, racist, deplorable voters they continue this path of defeat.
    Last edited by Revik; 2017-05-02 at 06:11 PM.

very doubtful she will run again, after going down in flames this time

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    very doubtful she will run again, after going down in flames this time
    She didnt go down "in flames". she won the popular vote by a friggin land slide bro.

No. No more Clintons. No more Bushes. No more 1980s and 1990s figures. No fucking Chelsea, no goddamn George III or whatever the fuck his name is.

Failures do not get rewarded. Hillary Clinton had ONE JOB and she blew it for a lot of reasons, some not in her control. But the biggest one of them all was: she got suckered by the same "everything is fine" low talent, used-Car Salesman sycophants the Clintons have surrounded themselves with since Arkansas.

Bill and Hillary Clinton are very smart and very politically successful people. But their bane in life has been to tolerate being surrounded by pond scum that tells them exactly what they want to hear and are largely, entirely full of shit.

1) She's not going to run again

2) While you will ignore this, you sadly will also not be the last person to suggest she's going to run again based on nothing but trying to bring up the bad 2016 election feels again. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    Have you even paid attention to what's happened with the current President? Not sure if this was sarcasm or not, but the fact that she has started tweeting much more political things has piqued the interest of several people.

I think the first female president is likely to be a VP who takes over the role due to the 25th Amendment. There are A LOT of men who simply will not vote for a woman for that office.
    She will run for senate. I don't see her running for president.

On a serious note, Clinton will not run again. Why would she? She's been shown how stupid and gulible the dumbasses are - and they treated her like shit based on the word of one of the most notoriously crooked and sleazy buisnessmen in the history of the United States.

No, she's going to continue focusing on her charity work, college investments, and so on. You know - people whom actually benefit from her work and say "thank you" when their lives are improved thanks to the Clinton foundations.

She's seen the ugly side of the dumbasses she was going to help, and she is not going to want to relive that. The dumbasses will continue to be dumbasses, so she's going to let those gullible idiots be stolen by somebody else.

You see, that's the difference - she's a real politician, unlike the Dumbass Deplorables and Donnie Dump, and she don't play the "I need to be proven RIGHT" insecurity game. She will simply aid her support towards whomever will be the next candidate, and will smile in the background politely as Deplorable Dumps grand environment of Nightmare Corporate America comes burning to the ground.

Deleted
    Please let her, democrats / liberals were not humiliated enough. They deserve more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    She didnt go down "in flames". she won the popular vote by a friggin land slide bro.
    2 million votes is less than 1% of the population...

It's by no possible definition of the word, a landslide..

She crashed and burned, like all nasty women should...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    2 million votes is less than 1% of the population...

It's by no possible definition of the word, a landslide..

She crashed and burned, like all nasty women should...
    First 2.9M which is closer to 3M then you're 2M

Second that margin is bigger then trumps victory in keystates. HIs vitcory in handfull of states was allot less then 1%, hell bad weather could have made the difference in those states

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...16#Close_races

T:Michigan, 0.23%
    C:New Hampshire, 0.31%
    T:Pennsylvania, 0.72%
    T: Wisconsin, 0.76%

And the only people that nasty are people like you, pretty sure she didn't eat you're first born so you calling her a ''nasty women'' is rather telling about what kind of person you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    First 2.9M which is closer to 3M then you're 2M

Second that margin is bigger then trumps victory in keystates. HIs vitcory in handfull of states was allot less then 1%, hell bad weather could have made the difference in those states

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...16#Close_races

T:Michigan, 0.23%
    C:New Hampshire, 0.31%
    T:Pennsylvania, 0.72%
    T: Wisconsin, 0.76%

And the only people that nasty are people like you, pretty sure she didn't eat you're first born so you calling her a ''nasty women'' is rather telling about what kind of person you are.
    2M or 3M is still not a landslide, it's less than 1% of the population..
    Landslide is 65-35 or bigger wins..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

For the love of god please don't let her run. My party can't take another election like this.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    If Obama ran for a third term, then he'd win. Obama is more likely to win the election than Hillary. Think about that for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    I really hope she doesn't bother. Just have Biden run and get the Mango Babadook out as soon as possible.
    Calling it now, Biden is going to run in 2020 with Cory Booker as his running mate. There will be nothing left but an orange smear on the floor when they're done.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I would not call 3% a landslide. And it is still not the biggest popular vote margin and still lose the election. That happened back in the 1800's.

I hope she doesn't run again. She would have been a good president because she is a law nerd. She will be too old. The fact that she is a law nerd makes it hard for a person like her to relate to people. This makes her a bad campaigner.

We need someone like Neil DeGrasse Tyson to run for president. He will promote education, technology and the sciences which is what America needs desperately.