Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The French Presidential election started in April. Do you want to have a bet on it?
    So back in march when macron presented his program for the presidential election held in april no one knew he was going to run for president, is that what you are saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So back in march when macron presented his program for the presidential election held in april no one knew he was going to run for president, is that what you are saying?
    "After the official start of the campaign on 10 April..."

With that in mind, explain in full detail how an article from the middle of March was during an election campaign that started in April.

Or you can pipe down.

Deleted
    I think it is more likely the european politicians are helping Mrs. May to get reelected if they say they wont like to agree to a special status for UK.

You know, this will enrage the nationalists even more and they will not just go to vote once but also take all of their family members to their votes threatening them to cut off food and water if they dont vote for the pro-brexit league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    No one is meddling in our election, your paranoia is reaching yank levels.

The Tories are a loathsome lot, but I don't hate them, that would take up far too much emotional energy.
    Giving a political statement that criticises the British government position, whilst opposition parties (though not Labour, assuming they have a Brexit position) hold a different view, is interfering in our election.

It is not some unsourced claim based on rumours, it is a quote from his Twitter account. Or maybe it was those Russians hackers again!

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, and that blue background on the union flag, that's ours too so we'll be taking that with us.
    Red and white is a better colour combination anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Last time, the entire world sat with their thumbs up their asses and let germany take most of europe practically unopposed. Hopefully there would be less pussyaching about "the horrors of the last great war" and people would stomp them into the dirt while they're trying to establish themselves.
    Uhm countries weren't sitting on their thumbs. Russia had other plans of invading and americans CBA to do anything until they bothered them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    "After the official start of the campaign on 10 April..."

With that in mind, explain in full detail how an article from the middle of March was during an election campaign that started in April.

Or you can pipe down.
    "On 18 March 2017, the Constitutional Council published the names of the 11 candidates who received 500 valid sponsorships, with the order of the list determined by drawing lots."

But ok i'll go with your argument. Since the british parliament wasn't dissolved when that tweet was posted, it was before the election campaign, so everything is fine.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I am, I want Germany and Britain to go at each others throats. That will make both weaker and allow other powers to rise, like France and Italy, which care about Europe more than about themselves.
    we all know what happens when france & italy are called into any kind of military action...

Deleted
    hear, hear.

Deleted
    Really? I am not that sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    The German Minister of State for Europe stating the obvious is seen as meddling? Paranoia runs deep in May's Tory party.
    Don't think it's paranoia... all this Iron Lady, "I'm a bloody difficult woman" speel is more likely to be fighting talk to appeal to a certain cross section of voters.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Deleted
    The German Minister of State for Europe stating the obvious is seen as meddling? Paranoia runs deep in May's Tory party.
    its hardly paranoia when you have politicians from other countries trying to interfere during an election campaign.
    you may not see it as such, but millions of voters most certainly do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

They are just hoping to come under the one true red and white flag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Denmark

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly he is not as important as his title suggests, secondly it has nothing to do with which side he has chosen. As I pointed out previously, I criticised Obama for doing the same during the EU referendum and he backed the same side as I was on.

It is a no-no in politics, as it opens you up to interference from foreign governments during your elections.

- - - Updated - - -

I was making a reference to Arsenal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Firstly he is not as important as his title suggests, secondly it has nothing to do with which side he has chosen. As I pointed out previously, I criticised Obama for doing the same during the EU referendum and he backed the same side as I was on.

It is a no-no in politics, as it opens you up to interference from foreign governments during your elections.
    But it was prior to the elections.

Deleted
    I was making a reference to Arsenal.
    I am sure you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure you did.
    I am an Arsenal supporter, hence the picture of Le Bob.

Though he is wearing the blackcurrant kit in that particular picture, we only had it for a season, usually we play in red and white, because we are the boys in red and white and we're fucking dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Don't think it's paranoia... all this Iron Lady, "I'm a bloody difficult woman" speel is more likely to be fighting talk to appeal to a certain cross section of voters.
    Indeed, no doubt today's outburst will appeal to people who voted UKIP.

Deleted
    I am an Arsenal supporter, hence the picture of Le Bob.
    So it's about sports then. Yes, thats a well fitting reference in a political discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's about sports then. Yes, thats a well fitting reference in a political discussion.
    It was a reference to the colours on a flag. Do keep up.

Deleted
    It was a reference to the colours on a flag. Do keep up.
    I am sure it was. As we talked about the flag of a nation.