Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Who you think will survive the next big war? The fat people or the soldiers? haha
    Yeah, except soldiers get super fit by stuffing their faces in with 5000 calories worth of MREs each day while on patrol. These MREs are full of super processed foods, candies (e.g. Lucky Charms) and the different options available include things like: tacos, burger and pizza. Not the dishes you'd typically consider as healthy.

In base, as a soldier I got to chow down at an all-you-can-eat buffet-canteen that was open 24 hours a day and stuffed with goodies like bacon.

Soldiers. We eat:
    [IMG]https://media.defense.gov/2013/Nov/29/2001123511/-1/-1/0/707713-S-IEB42-086.jpg[IMG]

Which turns us into:
    [IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/27/5a/47/275a47a910ebd25241d173dd2a682e71.jpg[IMG]

Meanwhile, the Obamas want kids to eat:
    [IMG]http://althealthworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Michelle.png[IMG]

To end up looking like this:
    [MOD SNIP OF HOLOCAUST IMAGE]

I am 100% behind Trump in stopping this holocaust against our children. Seriously, what did you expect from a First Lady that said she hates the USA and was never proud of it? The Democrats have only one goal: treason and the rape of America.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-05-03 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Also getting rid of the Energy Star program... seems like he's cutting every nickel and dime thing he can to pay for the tax cuts, no mater who it hurts or what it costs (energy star costs a few million and saves consumers billions).
    I wonder how much the Trumpets love this kind of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I wonder how much the Trumpets love this kind of winning.
    Probably not many, because despite the massive name recognition of the Energy Star program, most folks know little to nothing about it and its funding. Myself included, I only recently learned about the programs budgets and the financial benefits for consumers/companies recently, and purely as a result of the recent threats to these small, popular, and successful programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    I am 100% behind Trump in stopping this holocaust against our children. Seriously, what did you expect from a First Lady that said she hates the USA and was never proud of it? The Democrats have only one goal: treason and the rape of America.
    WTF is wrong with you, do you even know what the holocaust was to use it so casually? seriously get help.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Just like it's not the government's job to mandate a unified set of standards so when little Josh moves from Arkansas to Maryland he isn't held back a year because Arkansas doesn't even come close to the rigor of Maryland.

Little Josh is my cousin, btw.
    It really seems like the problem you're describing would be more pronounced without a unified set of standards. I really don't get this.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Yeah, except soldiers get super fit by stuffing their faces in with 5000 calories worth of MREs each day while on patrol. These MREs are full of super processed foods, candies (e.g. Lucky Charms) and the different options available include things like: tacos, burger and pizza. Not the dishes you'd typically consider as healthy.

In base, as a soldier I got to chow down at an all-you-can-eat buffet-canteen that was open 24 hours a day and stuffed with goodies like bacon.

Soldiers. We eat:
    [IMG]https://media.defense.gov/2013/Nov/29/2001123511/-1/-1/0/707713-S-IEB42-086.jpg[IMG]

Which turns us into:
    [IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/27/5a/47/275a47a910ebd25241d173dd2a682e71.jpg[IMG]

Meanwhile, the Obamas want kids to eat:
    [IMG]http://althealthworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Michelle.png[IMG]

To end up looking like this:
    [SNIP]

I can only say one thing to this absolute ignorance:

wew lad.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-05-03 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Clean up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Also getting rid of the Energy Star program... seems like he's cutting every nickel and dime thing he can to pay for the tax cuts
    Actually, he's cutting every nickel and dime thing he can to pay for the military. The tax cuts proposed so far are massive and outstretch anything he could possibly cut. I have not seen one credible source claiming that the tax cuts will end up paid for by budget cuts, only economy growth, which is a real stretch. Even Pence admits the tax cuts will cause what he calls "short term" deficit growth, and he's the one making the sales pitch!

But I digress.

An ounce of prevention is still worth a pound of cure. Making realistic, healthy meal options for children in schools really doesn't cost that much more than pizza and french fries, and could save money in the long term. Cutting it was a purely vindictive choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e66effb68d98

Yeah ok there. So his plan is to make our children less healthy?
    I thought the President is supposed to improve the country!?
    If you had ever worked at a school you would see that all they were doing was starving the kids instead of giving them more healthy food.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    They (statistlicly) dont. Which is why the goverment had to step in, in the first place.
    Governments should not try to parent children.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    But I digress.

An ounce of prevention is still worth a pound of cure. Making realistic, healthy meal options for children in schools really doesn't cost that much more than pizza and french fries, and could save money in the long term. Cutting it was a purely vindictive choice.
    But then the food lobby would not be able to cut cost and make a killing out of serving kids unhealthy food made with the cheapest possible ingredients. It is also a great way for them to keep them on the hook as adults obesity epidemic be dammed. This is just another case where big corporations won and regular people got screwed they have been screwing with this program from the get go.

The schools can still be as healthy as they want, this is just the feds but butting out and letting schools and the people involved (which would include elected boards, parents and similar interested parties) make their own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e66effb68d98

Yeah ok there. So his plan is to make our children less healthy?
    I thought the President is supposed to improve the country!?
    So when are you going to war?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Governments should not try to parent children.
    Right, and putting standards on what schools serve qualifies as such?

And what about the myriad other things that schools have always done, such as disciplining students for bad behavior? Things that parents are supposed to do. We aren't proposing to let students basically run wild in classrooms, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    The schools can still be as healthy as they want, this is just the feds but butting out and letting schools and the people involved (which would include elected boards, parents and similar interested parties) make their own choices.
    It literally cuts their budget down to the minimum, which usually ends up with unhealthy sugars and fast food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another healthy change for the country thanks to the Trump Administration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reduced fat stuff (like reduced fat milk) is bad. Taking fat out of things is bad. If something just happens to not have any fat in it (like fruits) fine, but we do not need to be reducing fat. Reducing fat makes people gain weight, because the fat is replaced by sugar or other carbohydrates. People need to be eating MORE fat, not less. I will not touch milk unless it's whole milk.

The other things, like limiting calories and grains, is a good step. Limiting sodium is stupid. Unless someone has a specific medical condition that requires them to limit their sodium, then special accomodations can be made for them.

Eating a stick of butter would be healthier than this low-fat high carb diet that's being suggested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Ha, you're funny. how so exactly?
    Um, I believe that post was intended as sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Ha, you're funny. how so exactly?
    It reeks of sarcasm, come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Um, I believe that post was intended as sarcasm.
    Um, no, it really wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    It literally cuts their budget down to the minimum, which usually ends up with unhealthy sugars and fast food.
    I skimmed and don't see anywhere in the article where it mentions cutting their budgets. I saw some schools opted out due to cost and that schools that complied with the standards got compensated 6 cents a meal. Schools are primarily funded locally not federally though there are subsidies at times. For all I know, lowering the standards makes more school eligible for the compensation.