Thread: Rip m+

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Loot was a bonus, while pushing higher keys. You can complete multiple objectives at once you know. It isn't just "Ok this hour is for AP m+, then after loot, then I push keys"
    What is the point of pushing higher and higher keys then? You know your guild clears M+20 so you clear that first thing in the week and then why the fuck would you keep clearing 20s? You wouldn't. You would farm 10s since thats where the loot cap is.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So your idea is for a mythic+ to reward everyone with 1 piece of gear for a total of 5.

You do realize that doing a boss with 20 people rewards 4-5 items, right?

You want to give the same number of items to only 5 people that just manage to finish a dungeon?

This is why your idea sounds completely ludicrous and would never ever happen.
    The m+ cap on gear ilvl, means you need more loot to have that one piece that's actually an upgrade. Whereas the ilvl on raid gear is already quite high.

But, in most cases you can kill 2-4 heroic raid bosses in the time it takes you to do a M+10

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    So your idea is for a mythic+ to reward everyone with 1 piece of gear for a total of 5.

You do realize that doing a boss with 20 people rewards 4-5 items, right?

You want to give the same number of items to only 5 people that just manage to finish a dungeon?

This is why your idea sounds completely ludicrous and would never ever happen.
    Why is it crazy? 20 people rewards 4/5 items okay so in 4 or 5 raid bosses, everybody could get a piece of gear in theory. Gee... how many bosses are in dungeons? 3-5? Weird. Almost like everybody probably should get a piece of gear at the end of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    What is the point of pushing higher and higher keys then? You know your guild clears M+20 so you clear that first thing in the week and then why the fuck would you keep clearing 20s? You wouldn't. You would farm 10s since thats where the loot cap is.
    I love posts like these. You literally cannot fathom that people think differently to you.

I do higher keys for challenge and *gasp* "fun". It's a game afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I love posts like these. You literally cannot fathom that people think differently to you.

Because.. why? I get it in Diablo but the loot is a big part of that system still. Removing the gear from M+ would render it useless. Just raid instead obviously.

I love how everyone complaining about the +10 cap didn't read the damn notes where they say that when Tomb of Sargeras Mythic goes live, the cap will be raised on loot ilvl to +15.

These changes won't be live until Tomb of Sargeras and 7.2.5, and Mythic Tomb of Sargeras will be live a week or two after that.
    Last edited by Pawsed; 2017-05-03 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    It's more AP, theres every point to do it. Also, every activity does not have to have a reward attached to it. It clearly matters to you, but you aren't everybody.
    How much AP do you get from doing +15 instead of +10?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawsed View Post
    I love how everyone complaining about the +10 cap didn't read the damn notes where they say that when Tomb of Sargeras goes live, the cap will be raised on loot ilvl to +15.
    Does it change anything besides +15 being new +10?

15+ Year Old Account
    Devs: "We're seeing something's kinda wrong with a system in the game, so we're thinking of tryin-"
    Players: "RIP Game, everything sucks now, how could you do this to me?!"

Apart from the fact that these changes are completely justified (the current m+ system is broken on many levels and encourages lots of cancerous behavior), if they also end up sucking (which is why they're being tried out and not immediately put on live servers without notice) they can get changed again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Deleted
    If any M+ change can kill the system of "boosting groups" which are terrible and against all the spirit of an MMO, then I'm good with it.

As someone that doesn't chain run M+ like some players do, all this does for me is lower my chance to get gear. This change isn't going to make me do any more or any less dungeons, but it will make me leave empty handed more often.

Why is it crazy? 20 people rewards 4/5 items okay so in 4 or 5 raid bosses, everybody could get a piece of gear in theory. Gee... how many bosses are in dungeons? 3-5? Weird. Almost like everybody probably should get a piece of gear at the end of one.
    Raids have lockouts, M+ still doesn't. Thus each M+ should drop less loot per person.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Because.. why? I get it in Diablo but the loot is a big part of that system still. Removing the gear from M+ would render it useless. Just raid instead obviously.
    Why did ppl do Challenge Modes back in WoD/MoP?

Pushing higher keys is fun to *me*. Ever since 7.2. has launched you actually get a lot of AP for high Keys at per Dungeon and you get way more AP from the weekly chest. While it may not be worth to push high keys for loot, but its not useless at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    The leader board and transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Raids have lockouts, M+ still doesn't. Thus each M+ should drop less loot per person.
    if you factor in quality of gear it already does

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    How much AP do you get from doing +15 instead of +10?

Does it change anything besides +15 being new +10?
    You get a smaller token for every lvl above 10. up to +14, AP is based on the length of the dungeon. at +15 you get one big token and from +16-19 you again get extra Tokens. at +20 you once again get one very big token and so on.

last week we did +21, was ~30 Million AP in the weekly chest, ~35 if you have waited til friday for the next AK lvl.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-05-03 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    No but who the fuck does higher keys for loot? Lol

The thing is that if you're still just there to farm loot then why would you do higher runs at all? You'd clear the highest key you could with your guild and then farm 10s for the loot you need anyway. Farming a 10 for 3 pieces of loot is still faster than farming an 11 for three pieces of loot. This solves nothing and just punishes people for farming for these stupid trinkets that are obviously broken and BiS.
    Oh, may you finally get it?

That's the reason, they want people being able higher m+ too do these for loot, genius.

RiP M+? At last! TY blizzard goods.

Overall a good change, I'd say.

It'll make boosting less valuable, hopefully opening up the market to more players rather than just boosters and boostees. That's a net positive, given how people feel they can't get into PUGs unless they have a good key or are already in a boosting group.

It'll also greatly soften the blow when you fail a dungeon, particularly because of leavers. One of the most common complaints I've seen on the forums have been people who were slighted by someone who just left the group instead of seeing it through. Losing a level on your key is still not positive, sure, but I think it's the most elegant solution they could find that would not punish the key holder for inviting a leaver while not opening up the system to all sorts of abuse.

Several people have already bemoaned the loss of drops - if you follow the current style of running. What seems to be ignored here is the fact that you can get a group together and burn through your keys however you see fit, with no fear of depletion. If you got your +13 VoW and manage to screw it up, you get 2 pieces of loot AND a +12 for somewhere else - you got your 13 loot AND you get to go somewhere else. That's a tremendous boon to less skilled or lower geared players. They aren't forced to stop playing because of depleted keystones, they just get another chance. I also think this might incentivize a more open play style. Instead of asking the question "What key has the greatest chance of three chests?", you might be more inclined to ask "What dungeon am I feeling like running right now?" - personally, I'd call that a huge win from a gameplay perspective. Less about cold min-maxing, with a move towards more choice at less detriment.

We all know it's impossible to suggest a solution that'll make everyone happy, so suggesting a solution that'll appease the majority is a good choice, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post

Pushing higher keys is fun to *me*. Ever since 7.2. has launched you actually get a lot of AP for high Keys at per Dungeon and you get way more AP from the weekly chest. While it may not be worth to push high keys for loot, but its not useless at all.
    Because it gave rewards and there was legit competition. You got a title for having the best time on the server. I had a few since my guild was the best guild on the server. You don't get anything for beating Mythic + 30 world first and only. You just... finished a thing. For no reason. Nothing to even show for it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Oh, may you finally get it?

That's the reason, they want people being able higher m+ too do these for loot, genius.
    But you still wouldn't? That's what I'm saying. It's faster to clear a 10 than it is to clear an 11 so if you want to farm for gear you'd just farm a 10. How is this going to change anything at all? There's no bonus gear rewards for clearing an 18. The item level cap is at 10. If it upgrades to 15 then people will just farm 15s.

7+ Year Old Account

WoW is serious business, no fun allowed.