Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seems so many people (The President included) just want a safe space.

That shit was golden.
    Why would we so desperately offer some groups and people safe space, by deliberately belittle and mock when other groups and people do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Why would we so desperately offer some groups and people safe space, by deliberately belittle and mock when other groups and people do the same?
    Frankly we shouldn't offer anyone safe spaces. Safe spaces are for pussies who can't handle the real world or viewpoints different than their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Kelloggs, Rogue One, Force Awakens, and even Breitbart before Trump won the primaries. These, among many others, trended because conservatives tried to boycott them during the primaries.
    Even those assholes boycotting Starschmucks because "No Christmas" on the cups.

As I pointed out to one of them that just behind them, were about 60ish bags of coffee each with CHRISTMAS on the front. It was all in a nice display, chock full of what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, was it the cockholster comment that triggered them?

Or was it his comment that Trump has more people marching against him than cancer?

Or is it the fact that Colbert realizes that Donnie and his sycophants can't take an insult and therefore he's taking advantage of this fact?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh look, the special snowflakes alt-reich got triggered again. What's the matter, cucks? Can't handle some free speech?
    They need their safe space.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Cockholster. I like that! I'm going to use that next time I play a game with voice coms.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What, was it the cockholster comment that triggered them?

Or was it his comment that Trump has more people marching against him than cancer?

Or is it the fact that Colbert realizes that Donnie and his sycophants can't take an insult and therefore he's taking advantage of this fact?

- - - Updated - - -

They need their safe space.
    Hey, Donald is the most secure person there is. Not like he had to hunt down some guy on twitter on inauguration day or anything.

The joke wasn't homophobic.

Again, the problem is and always will be conservatives don't really understand things outside their own purview.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Oh look it's another KrazyK thread of "btw I'm gay guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    only time I've heard it is on archer:

which makes me think it can go either way...
    I've heard it refer a mouth of either gender, or rarely a vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Oh look it's another KrazyK thread of "btw I'm gay guys"
    You seem overly concerned that someone else is gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    cockholster is an obscure anti-gay slur. It's not in common use anymore.

Suddenly the anti-PC crowd cares about PC.
    Strangely, Pam Poovy is the character who introduced me to the term.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Frankly we shouldn't offer anyone safe spaces. Safe spaces are for pussies who can't handle the real world or viewpoints different than their own.
    That, I can agree on.

I'm not usually one to rush in protection, from any and all factors - especially from comedy -, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The competition between late night shows like Colbert and Kimmel is tense. Colbert wasn't doing all that well until Trump won, Colbert owes his success to Trump in a way.

I don't doubt Colbert says a lot of partisan stuff he might otherwise not, just to keep his lead.
    You are talking about a guy who roasted Bush to his face. While unlike the current president, Bush took it like a man.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If the word "cockholster" is homophobic, then that would say a great deal about half the Marines, and every drill instructor I have ever known. Does that mean calling someone a "douchebag" is misogynistic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are talking about a guy who roasted Bush to his face. While unlike the current president, Bush took it like a man.
    Bush may have been a terrible President, but he knew how to take an insult. His routines at the Correspondents' dinners were quite good, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Bush may have been a terrible President, but he knew how to take an insult. His routines at the Correspondents' dinners were quite good, as well.
    Here is what we are talking about:

https://youtu.be/2X93u3anTco
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It was good till about the 10min mark, then it became obvious that Colbert was just doing this to defend CBS after Trump called them Fake News. Which, is actually pretty funny to have POTUS do that.

I just had to do something in response to this

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I just had to do something in response to this

I am so woke now

That chicken is deadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    SNIP
    The level of disrespect that has become acceptable to the left is what is the most appalling thing.

The left, which screams for tolerance, diversity, and inclusion, also believes that insulting people in the most denigrating way possible is "humor".

The left's idea of humor consists of NOTHING but insults. The more vicious the insult, the more "funny" it is. Given the fact that the left generally hates and despises President Trump it is no wonder that Colbert is receiving support in this thread.

Regardless, the real issue is that he said this on broadcast TV. Had he been on cable (like Bill Maher) I would have no problem with it. "Comedians" should be allowed great latitude in their "comedy" and the targets of that "comedy". However, broadcast TV still tries to maintain some modicum of that old fashioned word "decency" in regulating certain things via the FCC. What Colbert said, IMHO, violates those regulations.

The actual kings of late night would never have sunk to the level of Colbert. Carson, Letterman, Leno, O'Brien...class. Colbert and Noah? Completely lacking in any class whatsoever. And not a one of them (the current ones), on any channel, could ever hold a candle to Johnny Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am so woke now

That chicken is deadly.
    Everybody getting woke
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn