Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Honestly I think they did a pretty decent job at cheating for the most part. IF came off a little worse because it simply wasn't as well-coordinated. More of a failure of imagination rather than budget. Defenders came out a bit better although it did skimp at times. 3 superhuman combatants should be a fair bit more frightening than they actually were.
    IF was really bad, budget using wise. They had some decent locations, but the dragon was a lamp from Home Depot's garden decoration department... They sure did get a good value from that one scene in the snow though, used that like 20 times an episode.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    In her own series she did jump/fly, but it was always off camera as far as I recall. She'd be on the street, the camera would look at the night sky, then back to her on the 3rd floor or whatever. The budget wasn't so much of a limit in DD or LC, I think, but hurt JJ at times and really beat IF and Def.
    From how it looked to me it was pretty clear it was meant to be using her super strength to jump high, rather than actually fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Without spoiling me, should I watch Daredevil and Luke Cage before watching this series?
    Daredevil is really the only one worth watching.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried 3-4 times to get through episode 1; at some point I expect I'll get to episode 2. Right now, IF just fucking kills it for me. God dammit that character is straight up annoying. And what the hell happened to Ritter: some of her scenes felt like was she reading from a queue card being held in front of her.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Daredevil is really the only one worth watching.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried 3-4 times to get through episode 1; at some point I expect I'll get to episode 2. Right now, IF just fucking kills it for me. God dammit that character is straight up annoying. And what the hell happened to Ritter: some of her scenes felt like was she reading from a queue card being held in front of her.
    You skipped LC being a dick to Foggy after he worked to get him out of jail, and Matt somehow taking a civil lawsuit worth millions pro-bono rather than contingency...

Almost every netflix series I've watched is very highs mixed with very lows, and no matter how long the series, 8 or 13, it always feels like they had to stretch to fit that rather than being organic to the story pacing. I think I liked IF the best simply because it was average throughout without any moments I hated.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It was pretty terrible, to be honest, and it felt more like IF2 than The Defenders.
    Just finished and with all Stick and Elektra stuff it felt more DD3.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW did anyone else cheer when Misty finally got her arm cut off? And what's that - she's in a state of the art hospital owned by a billionaire who owes her a favour in a universe we know has advance cybernetics?