Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Pretty much everything on or in this pizza:

Clams in the shell, mussels, calamari, squid ink crust, all floating in a congealed "sauce" that contains no traces of cheese.

bad as that looks, its probably pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Personally, I don't like peperoni (or anything spicy, for that matter) on pizza.
    On the other hand, I love sweet toppings like pineapple, bananas etc. as well as pretty much any kind of seafood.

That said, I'll probably have to go with chocolate. I know that there are special chocolate pizzas and that's fine, it's just not for me. Objectively, (almost) everything goes on pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    bad as that looks, its probably pretty awesome.
    Well, I keep expecting disembodied eyeballs to open up somewhere within its central mass and stare at me - so I think I would probably give tasting it a hard pass. If you're ever in Korea though feel free to try it and report back on what it's like (if you survive the experience with your sanity intact).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    If were using wikipedia here is the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_culinary_fruits

Nothing should go on a pizza except left beef.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If were using wikipedia here is the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_culinary_fruits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegetables

http://www.livescience.com/33991-dif...egetables.html

A lot of foods that are (botanically speaking) fruits, but which are savory rather than sweet, are typically considered vegetables by chefs. This includes such botanical fruits as eggplants, bell peppers and tomatoes.
    I've never heard a single chef refer to either an olive or sweet pepper as fruit...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saw a guy put watermelon on a pizza after cooking it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    We also use sweet fruits in savory dishes. For example, apples can pair very well with bacon or peanut butter. One of my favorite sandwiches involves tart apples, bacon, smoked turkey, and avocado (another fruit!).

Berries and figs pair well with cheese.

Mango salsa pairs well with fish (think fish tacos)

Pineapple can pair well with pork or chicken.

Melons can pair well with fish.

Many fruits can be grilled and go with steak or burgers.

Lemon on many savory things

Plum or berry reduction on pork

This list is far from exhaustive

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Whatever YOU like on a pizza should go on YOUR pizza. End of story.

pubes aren't great on a pizza

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Peas and mayo
    Saw this on imgur the other day. A little part of me died

http://imgur.com/ZzXp5I6
    Had to read through the thread to make sure this was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I bet kitty litter tastes gross on a pizza... Only food should be on my food(unless it is gold leaf or a toothpick holding my meal together).

- - - Updated - - -

Dessert pizza says shut up.
    If it's dessert it's not longer a damned pizza!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    things that are meant to be served cold. Pineapple, ranch sauce, lettuce, revenge. those kinds of things
    Aww man I like dipping my pizza in Ranch

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Aww man I like dipping my pizza in Ranch
    dip is okay, but they specified on top of pizza. and in my mind this means baked on top like standard toppings
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Putting pineapple on pizza makes you an objectively bad person. Sorry, but it has to be said.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of seafood on pizza myself. Shrimps maybe, but not the rest. Unlike pineapple however I recognize this as a matter of taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The last 3 pizza's I ordered had Döner Kebab and Garlic sauce on them.

Haters gonna hate
    That... Sounds pretty good, as a matter of fact. Maybe not so much for the garlic sauce, if it's light use of it, then maybe.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Anything fried, fish, chocolate, chips, popcorn, mayonnaise, sauerkraut, bread, gummi bears, fruit sirup, nuttella, honey, ice cream

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Pineapple, jelly beans, icecream, cyanide, elephant droppings, balsa wood, dead gnomes.

I think that covers the main ones.

PS: Tomato is a "culinary vegetable", and a "botanical fruit". Similar to a train being an engine and a bunch of carriages in "engineering terms", and being something moving passengers around in "scheduling terms".
    Nope, it's a fruit period. The whole "culinary vegetable" thing only exists so idiots that can't properly identify a plant can feel better about themselves. In the case of taxes, well that's because at some point some rich person had investments in tomatoes, so they created a loophole in the law so they wouldn't be taxed. Has nothing to do with whether it's a vegetable or not.

A tomato is a fruit, period. Any source that says otherwise is wrong. I can make a wikipedia entry that says the moon is made of cheese, doesn't make it an accurate source.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-04 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    I actually dislike tomatoes on pizza, except fresh. It's something about the texture of baked tomatoes, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Any sea food, but that's just my overall preference. Onion rings are meh, I find it a cheap way to add flavor when it's lacking. Corn is a no. Not a fan of chicken, I think it's too dry and bland for pizza. You'll need lots of juicy toppings to offset that, might as well just make a soup.

But my worst experience has to go to pasta pizza. I love both dishes separately and eat them quiet often, but together it's like eating a bread sandwich.

That said, I found pickles to be surprisingly good, combines well with BBQ sauce, ham and/or bacon. Or cucumber-mustard sauce with ground meat and fresh cherry tomatoes.

I think in the end it's all about good combinations and personal preferences.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2017-05-04 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone said shoes? If they did, I'll go with Steve... I don't want Steve on my pizza...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi