Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    If it is superior to Obamacare it is the Democrats who will be receiving goodbyes and "Your Fired" from their constitutes.
    If it was superior to Obamacare it would already be allowed under law. States are allowed to change their healthcare however they like IF they can show it will cover at least as many people or more and it is cheaper.

The fact this legislation is necessary shows it is not a better product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://deadline.com/2017/05/trumpcar...ap-1202084192/
    Jesus, they're doing a victory lap because of this? Is this how low the bar is? Victory laps for narrowly passing legislation in one half of Congress despite your party having a majority?
    Hot damn, next time they vote to approve a silly holiday like "National Woodworkers Day" are they going to have some parades in downtown?
    What a fucking pathetic shitshow this is, and for a fucking bill that's likely to bankrupt and kill plenty of poor/older/sick folks. They complained about fictitious "death panels" in the ACA, welp, they'll finally get them in their version of the bill.
    It's literally the first major thing they've been able to "pass"

It was closed because there was a duplicate. Not because there was issue with my post. Please post more constructively. Thanks!
    Obamacare - 17 months, CBO scored, passed through several bipartisan committees and hearing.

AHCA - modified and passed in a few weeks, no transparency, no hearings or bipartisan committees, no CBO score, final bill was finished last night.

your move.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Now the get go enjoy an 11 day holiday after their 2 week Easter vacation.
    Well, they're likely going to spend their time, calling random people asking for money, cus they're fucking beggars when they arent assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    LOL even after your post was closed with 3 people saying how your context was missing from this clip, you just post the same one again?

How utterly pathetic.
    Even in context her position was atrociously worded. Never mind that we now know how the ACA functions: Pretty poorly, and even more so now that insurers are leaving the exchanges, leaving people in those affected counties in the exact same predicament except now they have even less political capital to make their case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    There are a few vacant seats. Think the threshold was 216.
    God dammit. I tried! I was in her office and everything!

By the way, the outpouring of negative comments on her FB page is ridiculous. Stefanik co-authored the part of the bill that it should have been completely separate piece of legislation they had to make separate because they needed to rush this through before the CBO came out, and that which may or may not be voted on, that says "Congress must be part of it". And she cited figures that it would save money (factually false) improve quality (factually false) and improve access (debatable I'll admit, the bill does give $442 million to local care centers but cuts Planned Parenthood and CDC prevention centers). But all four phones were ringing off the hook, all four voicemails were full, and...well, let's just say I'm no R and I never voted for her, but I'm bringing coffee and donuts to her staff tomorrow. They didn't sign up for this.

Unfortunately, their job was a pre-existing condition.

Well we set the bar mighty low with Obamacare. Hell I lost my dream job over it.
    the bar was in the dirt, and the ACA at least brushed the dust off. and boo hoo for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Even in context her position was atrociously worded. Never mind that we now know how the ACA functions: Pretty poorly, and even more so now that insurers are leaving the exchanges, leaving people in those affected counties in the exact same predicament except now they have even less political capital to make their case.
    Yeah so lets blow it up and not offer any actual fixes just fucking more people over.

GOP 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    In Trump’s America, Rape Is a Preexisting Condition

lol sick, it's odd that Americans are so extremly patriotic, yet alot of them thinks that other Americans else can just go die in a car fire for all they care.
    It is self-serving. Now Trump, O'Reilly and the like can grab all the pussy they want and the women will be afraid to report it and be placed in the high risk pools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's literally the first major thing they've been able to "pass"
    No, no, they got half a year's funding. That took cooperation and negotiation. That was bipartisan. That was major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity is their any chance it will pass in the senate?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Obamacare - 17 months, CBO scored, passed through several bipartisan committees and hearing.

AHCA - modified and passed in a few weeks, no transparency, no hearings or bipartisan comittes, no CBO score, final bill was finished last night.

your move.
    Which political party has more people working the CBO? There will be the answer.

Everyone is political now. I will observe it in practice rather than trust some collective to grade anything.

Especially after the last 8 years of unmitigated disaster. America is basically the same as Tammany Hall regardless of if your a Democrat or Republican now. Everyone who is in the glorious party will fall in line and support the glorious party for "da people!" I blame Obama for his hyper-partisan leadership that spread this malaise of thinking to the Right. I try to walk center, but there IS a certain glee in seeing this bill to kill Obamacare.

Is it possible to point out that while there are good parts to Obamacare, the way it was reached made the law a partisan cancer and required nothing less than a total excision to rectify? I think so, and I think that this bill will change in Senate. We'll have reconciliation and other measures. This is only the first step, but taking the first step was the hardest part.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2017-05-04 at 07:44 PM.

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Pff, the truth is out there man! Not a single lazy pooping baby has held a job or benefitted us in any way! Just look it up yourself, gosh!
    I can think of a couple that at least held jobs... Benefitting us might be up for debate though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I don't know. I hope it does. Not for the same reason the Trump supporters do, but I hope it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please post more constructively.
    You first.

On topic: yeah, as some of you have said, the Senate could very easily add provisions that the Freedom Caucus hates. As a reminder, in their haste to push this through, the House specifically asked the Senate to make sure old people weren't screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Without modifications requiring it to go back to the House? Not likely, but many things are possible.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's adorable you still eat up this sound byte.
    It really is adorable that both sides of the political spectrum feed off each other's lies isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we set the bar mighty low with Obamacare. Hell I lost my dream job over it.

By logic we should give the same seven year opportunity. And if the Libs want to try and repeal and replace in 2025.. Go for it?
    I'm truly sorry to hear you lost your dream job because of it.

That being said, Obamacare being butchered was a bi-partisan effort and even in its terrible form it helped a vast amount of American citizens as compared to the healthcare model prior to it.

Unless you are currently making over 200'000 $ from your current job this bill negatively affects you as well.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

By logic we should give the same seven year opportunity. And if the Libs want to try and repeal and replace in 2025.. Go for it?
    Yes I can see how people should die because you lost your dream job which ofcourse is Obama's fault

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah so lets blow it up and not offer any actual fixes just fucking more people over.

GOP 2020.
    You should be happy the GOP is dimwitted enough to blow it up. This makes space for the Democrats to try and make it not suck this time. I personally have a low opinion of the Democrats' competency in recent years, but they'll certainly get the opportunity.