An Impossible foe (Agatha) for Ele

Hi all,
    I was wondering at which ilevel you think I (or one) should try to tackle Agatha? I went in as ilvl 878 a couple of times but that didn't end well. I'm at 888 (I think) now but it feels I need to be around 900 maybe? What are your experiences?

Thanks!
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

If you're not near 900, legendary legs are pretty much mandatory, maybe even the neck. This is a straight DPS/gear check, so if you're slamming your head against a wall and not getting anywhere, wait until you have better gear.

If you can play at a high level, you can do it in the 890s with either prydaz or the healing legs, imo. You'd still have to try a lot, but you'll kill it on the pull you have good procs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    If you can play at a high level
    So I better wait until I have 900+ gear haha.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

10+ Year Old Account
    Try it with the tier 2 10% order hall buff, the healing legendary, and food+flask
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Try it with the tier 2 10% order hall buff, the healing legendary, and food+flask
    Oh, I had not thought about this. Considering that they can be upgraded to 870 now, this may be a good idea. Do the legs really make that much of an difference?

It's a bit disheartening to see that either Prydaz or a super high itemlevel are mandatory to complete these challenges.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-05-08 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tratheshaman View Post
    Oh, I had not thought about this. Considering that they can be upgraded to 870 now, this may be a good idea. Do the legs really make that much of an difference?
    They make a huge difference. It's 100k+ hps on yourself when standing still.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's a bit disheartening to see that either Prydaz or a super high itemlevel are mandatory to complete these challenges.
    Why? They are tuned for ToS gear not for NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Why? They are tuned for ToS gear not for NH.
    As I said, Legendaries make a huge difference here as well. That's my gripe, not necessarily the high ILVL. It's just one of the many problems caused by the Legendary "drop" system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As I said, Legendaries make a huge difference here as well. That's my gripe, not necessarily the high ILVL. It's just one of the many problems caused by the Legendary "drop" system.
    Well yes but that doesn't really matter. Most the people that have the skill and gear to do the Challenge now are dedicated people and the people that are just "good" will be able to do it after ToS while mediocre players should never be able to do it since it's a Challenge and not a free skin(they will in the end of ToS anyway).
    After 7.2 if you are truly a dedicated player you should have the legendary items needed to do it early since you get 1 legendary every week or week and a half. When ToS hits, the overall ilvl will be much higher meaning specific legendary items won't be required and a lot more time passed so people will have more legendary items meaning a higher chance of having the one or 2 that are "mandatory" now.

I did my Challenge I think the 2nd time it was up at around 910 ilvl using Eye of the Twisting Nether + Kill'Jaden's because those were the only legendary items I had (+Akainu's but those are Enh) but it was basically getting lucky with RNG. But then again I was able to do the warlock green fire quest in blue items (for a guide, trying to prove strategy is more important than ilvl) so maybe I'm not the best judge for difficulty.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2017-05-09 at 11:17 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can definitely do this with lower ilvl and decent procs. I did this at 897 with helm+sephuz. Use wild-fowl omelette for the haste/movespeed buff.

I finally killed it in approx 4 minutes by just attempting to burn her down as hard as I could. I didn't bother focusing the imps, and just stunned/knocked back, interrupted and just CL'd my face off. If you hero early you have less green pools on the ground to avoid/slow you when the boulders are coming.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tratheshaman View Post
    You are mistaking the Order Hall set for Order Hall Talents.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    The command center buffs work since it's technically in Azsuna, so if you want to cheese it just wait until the Mage Tower and Command Center are up at the same time. You'll get whelp spawns assisting you and zones you can stand in for +50% damage done and -50% damage taken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Take 2 of a reply that disappeared!

I tried this over 4 appearances of the mage tower. At roughly 890, 895, 900 and 904 item level. At 900 it felt possible. My best at this item level was 5%, unexpectedly as ascendance, but it did feel like the stars had to align perfectly over the whole fight or it wasn't going to happen.

At 904 it felt difficult but, obviously, do-able. I do have my choice of legendries, among them Prydaz, Roots (Healing Pants) and Sephuz. I ended up going with Sephuz and Roots. I tried a few with Prydaz but I felt like the shield wasn't doing as much as having near constant healing. While both were good, the fight was lasting too long.

Another oddity. I got a stat stick instead of my Whispers in the Dark trinket; it kept proccing at the worst possible moment.
    Last edited by Tthrack; 2017-05-16 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo