Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Planned to buy some better looking ones as a gift to my girlfriend but I'm just looking at them like, wtf do the numbers even mean? B 60? C 65?

Can anyone shed some light on how bra sizes work?
    Letter is the cup size. Size of the boob itself.

Number is the chest circumference.

Willing to buy her undergarments, but not willing to ask the hired help basic questions?

Anybody at Victoria's Secret would be more than willing to help you with that information.

I always feel like a panty thief in that store. 5 for $30... so many choices.

Honestly, I just get her a little pack of little boys super hero undies... that does it for me. I know... something is wrong with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    So what's H to you then?
    Sweet mother of god

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe finding the right sizes can be confusing and frustrating, but I don't find the sizes themselves to be complicated - men or women's.
    So the sizes are confusing and not confusing at the same time? The sizes for men are just shy of actually being a standard, women's sizes shift from one manufacturer to the next, seemingly at random sometimes even within the same brand(as in two shirts from the same manufacturer having different listed sizes but the same overall measurements.)

Imagine if every time you had to buy a shirt, you had to figure out whether you're a medium, large, xl, or xxl? and that sometimes this shit changed arbitrarily from year to year.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Yo we playin some fuckin bingo? Let's gooooo
    B 60?

BINGO!
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    *deep breath*

The number is the distance once around the torso horizontally (key word) at a line just underneath the breasts, as measured in inches.

Repeat this process over the fullest part of the bust, best done while wearing a supportive bra (since, you know, that's what you're measuring it for). If the difference is 1 inch, the cup size is A. Two is B, three is C and four is D. Each inch after is another D or step down the alphabet, depending.

This is where things get tricky. The number measurement details the overall size of the wearer, and as such, will dictate other features such as band width and cup placement. Specific women might not find the exact measurements given fit very well for them if they're not built like a mannequin, video game character, or cover model. Basically, a C-cup means something dramatically different due to proportions (brick...house!) even though that's not how they're measured. A 28C and 40C are two dramatically different shapes of women.

It all comes down to math (actually, everything comes down to math...) Adding the same inch to a 28" circumference circle, or 40" circumference circle, will add different amounts of area. The 40 will get more out of the increase.

To handle that issue with fit, it is possible to scale up or down (mostly up). With limited flexibility, one cup size can replace two inches, or vice versa. So, a 36C woman might try a 34D or 38B to see if it works better. It's not perfect, but neither is the human body, so there's some wiggle room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Letter is the cup size. Size of the boob itself.

Number is the chest circumference.

Willing to buy her undergarments, but not willing to ask the hired help basic questions?

Anybody at Victoria's Secret would be more than willing to help you with that information.

I always feel like a panty thief in that store. 5 for $30... so many choices.

Honestly, I just get her a little pack of little boys super hero undies... that does it for me. I know... something is wrong with me.
    Hey, no need to be ashamed, before you know it dinos in panties are the latest kink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    All I know is my wife wears a C cup. I don't know the exact size.

I'm happy they are no A's or B's.

I like boobs. C's are about perfect. D's can be OK, anything larger is obnoxious beyond a quick thrill. (to me personally)
    Eh, anything more than a handful is a waste

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Finding the right size can be frustrating, not the sizes themselves. And that's because different stores and brands won't be the same. Like, I can be a size small in one store, then go to another and be a medium.
    I personally find it infuriating and annoying. and I'm a guy. It creates needless extra work, that as far as I can guess at serves no practical purpose. Also apparently women's clothing has a distinct lack of pockets/pocket space.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

You wave a wand and hope it fits right, because without an in-person fitting, it is still a gamble if a bra is going to be comfortable or not.

Always buy A size for your unmarried friends.

If it is too big, she will get upset !
    If it is small, she will never complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    You wave a wand and hope it fits right, because without an in-person fitting, it is still a gamble if a bra is going to be comfortable or not.
    I...I read this completely out of context.

Send mind bleach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Planned to buy some better looking ones as a gift to my girlfriend but I'm just looking at them like, wtf do the numbers even mean? B 60? C 65?

Can anyone shed some light on how bra sizes work?
    Take her to a place like Vicky's Secret and get her measured. Most women don't wear the right size bra, and go with "Close enough" and it sucks. Alot. Once you have her size, get her bras.

Letter is cup size, how big a boob.
    Number in the US is inches around the body, like a guys pants size around the waist.
    Problem is, not all brands use the same cup size measurements. One size B is another sizes A, or a C. There is no standardized boob metric for cup size.

If you can't take her bra shopping, I'd say look at all of her bras. Look at the brand, if she has a favorite one/majority of hers are that band, and go with that brand, cup size, number.

A busty cousin mentioned it on FB, trouble finding a bra, busty friends chimed in with ideas, she reported the measuring/fitting/new bra worked best.

I did that for my GF, now less back strain, less shoulders hurt, better posture, and happier girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't care about breast size. Big or small, I like them all.
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2017-05-05 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Ask your mom or your sister, that way your mom will call your sister and they will spend the afternoon speculation why you asked the question.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    So what's H to you then?
    Herniated Disc

Caus that shit can't be good for your back, ya'know?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whip out the credit card and take the old lady out for shopping and lunch.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    A is "Almost"
    B is "Bountiful"
    C is "Curvy"
    D is "DAAAAAAAAAAYUM"
    Naw.

A = Absolutely Perfect
    B = Beautifully Bliss
    C = Cushy
    D+ = Too much fat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Naw.

A = Absolutely Perfect
    B = Beautifully Bliss
    C = Cushy
    D+ = Too much fat.
    Why you hatin on most of the alphabet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Naw.

A = Absolutely Perfect
    B = Beautifully Bliss
    C = Cushy
    D+ = Too much fat.
    I know a lot of men (and women) prefer breasts that are smaller, so i'm not arguing your preference.

But it is possible for quite skinny women to have large breasts naturally.

My friend was an 8DD (that's Australian sizing; the number in our bra sizes is the same as our clothing size basically rather than being the measurement; please also note an Australian size 8 is smaller than a US size 8). She had an extremely difficult time finding bras that fit (or bras in her size that existed at all, frankly). Strangely enough after having a baby her boobs shrank and now she's more proportionate.

Funniest thing is when men think cup size is an absolute measurement of boob size, from my experience if you buy a bra 1-2 inches less in diameter you suddenly use a cup 2 sizes bigger for the exact same boob. Logic. A girl can go from "b cup" to "d cup" by just buying a smaller diameter bra (and it will stretch anyway so who cares).

In the same manner silicone boobs fit somewhere around the cup size of g / h / j, they're only "double D" if the bra is very loose. Not recommended tbh.

If all else fails, Victoria's Secret gift card or surprise shopping spree (using the term losely) there work just as well. :P