Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't want to get rid of the police because I do believe most police are good people. What I want is for better training for our police officers, require body cams and dash cams on every police officer and police car, and finally to weed out the bad police officers. Now the way to get rid of the bad police officers is to get rid of that blue line crap that the vast majority of police officers buy into. Far too many police officers protect terrible people because they wear the badge and prevent them from being punished for their crimes.

I thought the problem the public had with police is reactive policing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    It's not about less/more police. It's about a fixing our police force. Less weapon draws, more mental health training, more de-escalation training. More accountability. I'm not one to generalize and say all cops are bad, but there are BAD cops that are being protected at the expense of the rest of them.
    Your entire post is one big generalization. You have no idea how often weapons are drawn, how much mental health training we get or how often we de-escalate. You see one or two encounters a year and somehow magically think you get draw conclusions of the millions of contacts that occur every year across the country.

Proactive policing works. Walmart is a perfect example of how thefts and other crimes have risen since they reduced staff in their stores. Same thing on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    ....... anarchyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Kill all the pigs!!!!one

One day you will realize how retarded some of your ideas were. Maybe when someone is right in your house about to rape your daughter. Maybe then you would like to call any cops, not just your perfect ones of "higher standards".
    You call the police after you've already unloaded a few slugs into the assailant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You call the police after you've already unloaded a few slugs into the assailant.
    Well, I do, but people usually "protesting" against police are "protesting" against guns.
    Problem self-solved.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Like calling cops "pigs" is not edge lord mcedgy
    There's nothing "edgy" about calling cops pigs.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Nobody wants less police.

I guess people in America just want less police that shoot people and their pets at random. Beat the shit out of people at random. Issue tickets and change speed limits at random.

Police over there are literally a gang, if I was american and a gangster I would join the police.

Paid Prisons is hilarious enough, most transparent form of corruption I've ever seen alongside their healthcare system. They exist for no reason than to intercourse their citizens viciously in the anus for money.

It doesn't seem hard coming from the UK where none of these issues really exist.
    One of the BLM founders disagress, and shes not the only one.

"Quite frankly, many of our [Black Lives Matter] members are continuing to investigate what it would mean to have police-free communities. I think what we’ve continued to see over time is that no moral appeal is actually stopping the deaths of black people, whether they be armed or unarmed.” Garza told Complex." - http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/26/bl...e-communities/

Out of another one of "No Shit Sherlock" files.

Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cop-hostility/

So for face value people will be like, "This is great, less police brutality and/or overstepping boundaries." I don't predict this will ultimately go how anti-police proponents are think its going to go. Basically you have less 1% (or less) of the over all police force in America abusing their position and now like a virus the article is pointing out what is going to happen in a more broad spectrum.

As a side note to surely the non-American people who will step in here and say, "Well good, our police force [insert explanation here] don't have these problems" - well your police force is exposed to an interacts with a completely different breed of people.

So in the end people want nothing more than (what we call) "report takers", well that is what you are going to get.

A professional legion of report takers. Enjoy.
    its even less than a percent point at that. And i welcome people realizing them shitting on the cops means less cops supporting them. I said from day one i wish we could opt people who constantly shit on cops out from receiving police support.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Go read up on Private prisons which are just another cancer in the U.S. These prisons have required populations clauses in their contracts with states that if they don't have enough bodies to fill their cells then the states pay hefty fees to the private prisons. This forces the states to pass laws to punish non violent criminals and push harder on the police to go after people. This is one of the main reasons the War on Drugs will never end no matter how much it has cost the U.S. with no end in sight because of stupid fucking private prisons.
    Or they could just move people from the public facilities into the open beds. But sure, cast aside common sense and embrace conspiracy theories instead. Just out of curious, what recent laws were passed to accomplish this goal of yours. The War on Drug is winding down in case you hadn't noticed but even those laws have been around for decades, and you have to be delusions af to think private prisons had the juice to get those passed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Nobody wants less police.

I guess people in America just want less police that shoot people and their pets at random. Beat the shit out of people at random. Issue tickets and change speed limits at random.

Police over there are literally a gang, if I was american and a gangster I would join the police.

Paid Prisons is hilarious enough, most transparent form of corruption I've ever seen alongside their healthcare system. They exist for no reason than to intercourse their citizens viciously in the anus for money.

It doesn't seem hard coming from the UK where none of these issues really exist.
    what? Do you have a clue at all about police or do you base everything from what you see from the shity news sites. less than a fraction of a percent are bad, they end up in the news and chuckleheads like you think all the police are gangs. If you want to see what police gangs are like go look up police in the 20s durring the prohibition.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post

"Quite frankly, many of our [Black Lives Matter] members are continuing to investigate what it would mean to have police-free communities. I think what we’ve continued to see over time is that no moral appeal is actually stopping the deaths of black people, whether they be armed or unarmed.” Garza told Complex." - http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/26/bl...e-communities/
    You kinda buried the lead on that one there pal. She's literally talking about exactly what feardotdead was talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I said from day one i wish we could opt people who constantly shit on cops out from receiving police support.
    Brilliant idea. Just take a huge step down the road to becoming a Police State.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Your entire post is one big generalization. You have no idea how often weapons are drawn, how much mental health training we get or how often we de-escalate. You see one or two encounters a year and somehow magically think you get draw conclusions of the millions of contacts that occur every year across the country.
    Yeah, if only there were something called statistics. Those would be great! If only

While there is generalization, there is also truth to it. I'm not saying it happens everyday, I'm saying it's happening in general. Some cops are being held accountable, some aren't. Fact. Unarmed people are being shot. Fact. "I thought I was reaching for my taser" isn't gonna fly. Shooting someone in the back. Bad. Cop only got caught cause of video tape. Yes he got charged, but the damage is done to faith in police.

There needs to be change on both sides is what I'm saying. Cops need transparency and admit there are bad cops, while society needs to stop being shitty to police. It's gotta be both.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

This coming from a woman that lived in an area that you don't venture off the bart platform at night because the likeliness of you being a victim of an armed robbery is that high. We don't need a police presence she says.

Whatever happened to as long as it's happening in other people's countries to that countries citizens it's none of your business? Did your Prime directive disolve already?

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yeah, if only there were something called statistics. Those would be great! If only

While there is generalization, there is also truth to it. I'm not saying it happens everyday, I'm saying it's happening in general. Some cops are being held accountable, some aren't. Fact. Unarmed people are being shot. Fact. "I thought I was reaching for my taser" isn't gonna fly. Shooting someone in the back. Bad. Cop only got caught cause of video tape. Yes he got charged, but the damage is done to faith in police.

There needs to be change on both sides is what I'm saying. Cops need transparency and admit there are bad cops, while society needs to stop being shitty to police. It's gotta be both.
    And what are the statistics that support your argument. Both examples you cited resulted in cops being charged and being found guilty or pleading. Doesnt exactly help your case. I would also like to know where you get these stats in regards to weapons drawn and deescalation (training hours are available). If I deescalate someone, I'm not using force and thus that isn't going to be collected anywhere like it would if I had to use force. Same thing with drawing weapons, If i take somebody into custody at gunpoint, itll be in a report but it doesn't get collected or added to a stat unless i pull the trigger. You are legitimately making shit up.

Deleted
    When you realize BLM is just a bunch of criminals trying to get rid of the police, everything starts to make more sense.

Police brutality is obviously an issue, but getting rid of the police is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You kinda buried the lead on that one there pal. She's literally talking about exactly what feardotdead was talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant idea. Just take a huge step down the road to becoming a Police State.
    I didnt say if you shit talk the cops you dont get any cops, but there seems to be alot of vocal people who claim the police do zero, i suggest to them if they do zero then dont ever call them.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont need a gun to kill someone, you dont need a gun to be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I didnt say if you shit talk the cops you dont get any cops,
    That's actually literally what you said

I said from day one i wish we could opt people who constantly shit on cops out from receiving police support.
    You said they shouldn't get police support...not that they should not call the police.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-05-05 at 08:19 AM.

Proactive policing means not being full time report writers.

aka allowing crime to happen then just writing a report afterwards
    In most countries police only respond once a crime is committed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.