Poll: Which Class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If you were a class in real life what Class would you choose?

No real reason for post. I am just curious.

Personally, I would be a Death Knight or Paladin as they are both Melee and both technically can heal themselves. They also get their own unique mounts.

Probably a druid. When the earth goes down, I can still adapt well enough @_@

Even though I love my Demon Hunter, gotta say Mage.

Ability to teleport/portal and conjure food on demand? Easy mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue, yes you know why.
    Or PRIEST! And yes you know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Pally the OPness of hero classes, without the nasty curses and torment, and free non-copay heals
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Rogue, yes you know why.
    Or PRIEST! And yes you know why.
    I don't know why so I'm going to guess.

For you, you wish to be either a rogue to watch little boys or a priest for a vaguely similar reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I don't know why so I'm going to guess.

For you, you wish to be either a rogue to watch little boys or a priest for a vaguely similar reason.
    Hihihi, we got a winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

some form of outlaw rogue i guess.. no way i'd have the discipline to be a paladin or any of the other fancy classes.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably Mage, though Rogue would be great for those awkward situations.

*VANISH*
    And he was gone.

Paladin...I feel like they have the most potential for pure power in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a mage for several reasons.

- Shooting fire/ice/arcane magic from my hands
    - Teleporting/making portals
    - Invisibility
    - Gliding
    - Making magic food whenever and wherever I want
    - Being super intelligent

Deleted
    Shaman,just for reincarnation.
    I could rob a bank hide the money kill myself and reincarnate
    Easy money

druid..
    very versatile, can fly, survive under water, run fast, port to some natural locations, etc

Deleted
    Teleportation > anything else. Conjuring food is also useful. Also I'd be a gnome mage for 5% intellect bonus and because gnome mages are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Shaman,just for reincarnation.
    I could rob a bank hide the money kill myself and reincarnate
    Easy money
    They'd setup a camp fire and wait for you to res

mage, so i could delve into necromancy and become a necromancer.

i would say necromancer, but that's not a poll option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two obvious choices for me. Mage and druid. I think I'd go mage, but either could work.

Mage: Slow fall, portals, invisibility, blink, conjuration of food and water. It's an all around incredibly useful set of tools. I'm not likely to go off fighting in wars or anything, so practicality in non-combat situations trumps anything related to battle prowess, and mages have a lot of practical abilities, in addition to stuff that would just simply be fun. No need to buy groceries anymore, and you can drastically reduce your water bills. You could make a fortune providing instantaneous long distance transportation of goods or people with portals. If you want to go a more humanitarian approach, you could get things like medical supplies to places that need it quickly with your teleportation, or people such as doctors, soldiers, people who are injured or lost out in the middle of nowhere...or you could go to a third world country where they have serious issues with not having enough clean water or food and spend your time just pumping out what they need until a more permanent solution can be made. Mage is just so damn amazing.

The secondary choice is the druid.The shape shifting would be really cool, usable for personal transportation, and they are also a healing class which would have incredibly practical uses in our world, though in a somewhat different way than the mage. You could help countless sick and injured for either charity or for profit. Be some kind of travelling healer that goes around in an ambulance in your home town, or travel abroad to wherever your services are needed most. Other healer classes could also work, but I choose druid over them purely for the awesome factor of shape shifting.

It's not really an idea choice, but I'd be forced to go with Deathknight for the immortality.

Second to that, it's gonna be Mage for the ability to teleport, blink, and open portals. It's been discussed before, but the ability to teleport is a top tier superpower that people just don't really take to the full potential. The ability to open semi-permanent portals lets you teleport other things and people takes that up a notch. Haste/Timewarp would allow you to react to any situation with ease. And that doesn't even go into the uses for being able to create various effects with both fire and cold, plus whatever other spells you could come up with. Also...free food. Yeah.....

No other class would have anything even remotely close to the power and versatility of Mage, if it were in real life.

Paladin? Ok...you can heal stuff and resurrect people. Pretty strong....for other people. But it doesn't actually prevent anything from happening. Purely reactive.

Shaman/Priest: Same as paladin. At least shaman can self-rez and hearth(hearthstones don't come with the class, kids). Shadowpriests being able to curse and drain people is an interesting way to kill people. But a gun works for that too.

Hunter? lol. GTFO, we already have those in real life, and our guns are better.

Rogue: We have already have those in real life too, although shadowstep and other magic-based shadow stuff would be interesting.

Warlock: Like a mage, but with less utility, who has to rely on sacrificing their own health or summoning and controlling demons. How is this actually a good idea in any way? Demons are not your friends.

Druid: Eh...I hope you like the outdoors, because turning into animals, while interesting, isn't really all that useful. Again, Healing people is altruistic, but we have doctors and medicine in real life to do that.

Monk: Um...we already have those in real life too. But being able to execute actual kung-fu movie powers would be fun. Flying kicks that actually give you temporary flight? Sure! Great! What else tho? Astral form that leaves your physical body completely defenseless? No thanks.

Demon Hunter: Similar problems as Warlock, but now the demon is in side you all the time, and you have to constantly be dialed up to 11 in order to not lose your soul to it. Might be worth the trade-off if you gain immortality, but seems like a worse version of the DK immortality.

I don't know...it's gonna be hard to beat Mage for this one.

Deleted
    Death Knight. Eternal suffering is a small price to pay for immortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid has flying&stealth. This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage ofc lol. Free food plus portals to Bali or Boro-Boro. Illusion to be any1 else. "Multilanguage support" also.