Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow Stat Growth and Legion, Another Stat Squish Incoming?

I came across this very interesting reddit thread today, i'll throw a link here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ned_normal_en/

Basically their guild got bored and 5-manned Normal Emerald Nightmare. While cool and kinda funny, I think this shows how fast stats are growing in Legion, and how much of a problem it is mechanically.

Emerald Nightmare technically is current tier, yet people are easily clearing it on 5 man difficulty. If this continues, by the time Argus comes around, we are going to absolutely melt anything in our path. While I agree that as you get more powerful you should feel more powerful, but we will be spending more time WAITING for mobs to spawn than killing mobs.

Blizzard is going to have to do ANOTHER stat squish, possibly even before the expansion is up.

Is anyone else concerned about this?

didn't they already say there'd be another squish post legion?

I love stat squishes, but this all could've been prevented if they didn't get so wild with their numbers, i mean seriously why is there a 200+ stat boost from WoD greens to Legion Greens. That's ridiculous. I was happy when the brought everything down, now our HP is back up to the millions no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard stated that even before the last squish, there would be more to follow.

Unless they found another solution that they're happy with, there will almost certainly be one after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really that concerning. Regardless if you do say 250 damage to a mob with 25000 hp, or 2500 to a mob with 250000, it's still the same shit. Besides, I thought Blizzard said that we'd be getting a stat squish every few xpacs, or am I mistaken?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Blizzard stated that even before the last squish, there would be more to follow.

Unless they found another solution that they're happy with, there will almost certainly be one after Legion.
    The reason they had the star squish was because of fights like Garrosh where they had to keep resetting health. Considering we have bosses now with more health before (haven't seem the G associated with health before) I would say they found a solution. Especially since bosses aren't resetting health like they used too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Concerned? No. I do wish they would just fix the perceived problem vice apply band-aid squishes. I am not a programmer though so I couldn't begin to conceptualize the challenges in "fixing" the scaling issues. Players want to feel powerful as they get more gear, balancing that feeling of power progression with a more realistic curve is where it all begins.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I came across this very interesting reddit thread today, i'll throw a link here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ned_normal_en/

Basically their guild got bored and 5-manned Normal Emerald Nightmare. While cool and kinda funny, I think this shows how fast stats are growing in Legion, and how much of a problem it is mechanically.

Emerald Nightmare technically is current tier, yet people are easily clearing it on 5 man difficulty. If this continues, by the time Argus comes around, we are going to absolutely melt anything in our path. While I agree that as you get more powerful you should feel more powerful, but we will be spending more time WAITING for mobs to spawn than killing mobs.

Blizzard is going to have to do ANOTHER stat squish, possibly even before the expansion is up.

Is anyone else concerned about this?
    This is what happens when Blizzard has to have 4 different difficulties and mythic+ with "current" gear in it... Oh and the rather horrible warforge and titanforge system.

Stats get out of control and they felt forced to use a scaling system that utterly ruined the game.

I was concerned, now I hardly care anymore.

How does a stat squish work with clearing older content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The reason they had the star squish was because of fights like Garrosh where they had to keep resetting health. Considering we have bosses now with more health before (haven't seem the G associated with health before) I would say they found a solution. Especially since bosses aren't resetting health like they used too.
    It just occurred to me that, yeah, Gul'dan breaks the 2,147,483,647 "limit".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    How does a stat squish work with clearing older content?
    The system that works now where you deal like 16 times more damage and take considerably less. Run through anything pre mop as a level 110 and compare your DPS to you in a 110 raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    I love stat squishes, but this all could've been prevented if they didn't get so wild with their numbers, i mean seriously why is there a 200+ stat boost from WoD greens to Legion Greens. That's ridiculous. I was happy when the brought everything down, now our HP is back up to the millions no?
    That is still because of the stat bloat from WoD, what is kind of ridiculous though is that we went from 850 at 110 to 920 while not even at the end of the expansion. That would mean that we already surpassed the WoD bloat.

Well, If anyone remembers the Q&A ( I do because I remember odd crap ) Someone asked if they were going to Stat squish again for WoD launch, the reply was "No, But expect one after the Expac that follows." So it was planned before legion to stat squish after it. Now.. the Real question is, will Blizzard remember they said it, and if so, will they actually do it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I forsee Argus going up to 985 titanforge , and 1000 legendary, following the same pattern of the past .

Titanforge went 895-925-955
    Legendaries went 895-910-940-970

+30 for a tier makes very much sense.

1000 just feels too good as an end point, and they are on course to do so.

likely there will be which sucks... should never happen imo. but i found this out myself at ilvl 904 +/- prot pally i went into mythic neths. lair and was fine, got the 2nd boss to 50% and just didn't have to finish. I was never in any real danger of dying though. I can't recalled ever being able to solo the "hard" 5 man content this early and i'm not even mythic geared out like some raiders.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    They said they are looking into more elegant solution rather than just another WOD-style stat squish. After all, that stat squish didn't really help matters any. I'm hoping they go to a more % based system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Not really that concerning. Regardless if you do say 250 damage to a mob with 25000 hp, or 2500 to a mob with 250000, it's still the same shit. Besides, I thought Blizzard said that we'd be getting a stat squish every few xpacs, or am I mistaken?
    It isn't so much of the numbers, which obviously don't matter, but moreso how fast our power goes up within an expansion. We have went from ilvl 750 at the end of WoD to over ilvl 900, and Legion isn't even in its second raid tier yet. By the end of Tomb, everything in the Broken Isles will be so trivialized, which should happen closer to the end of an expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    They said they are looking into more elegant solution rather than just another WOD-style stat squish. After all, that stat squish didn't really help matters any. I'm hoping they go to a more % based system.
    While that would work at max level, i am thinking it would be odd leveling up and doing less damage. It's the only problem with that solution.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    It isn't so much of the numbers, which obviously don't matter, but moreso how fast our power goes up within an expansion. We have went from ilvl 750 at the end of WoD to over ilvl 900, and Legion isn't even in its second raid tier yet. By the end of Tomb, everything in the Broken Isles will be so trivialized, which should happen closer to the end of an expansion.
    Mythic Raiders will hit artifact itemlevels over 1000 on Argus, now I imagine mobs will have higher health too. Now, it being a complete different zone instead of an extended island, I hope we don't have to go back & forth too much, even while AP world quests likely will never be irrelevant in Legion.

I feel like a squish will come post TOS. Seems only fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    I remember when WotLK first came out top guilds cleared Naxx still wearing their Sunwell epics. Probably has something to do with that.