Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Zara pulls denim skirt after 'Pepe the Frog' accusations

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...419-story.html

Zara, a Spanish clothing chain, pulled a skirt from its website after people pointed out that an applique cartoon character on it bore a striking resemblance to "Pepe the Frog," a fictional frog that has been adopted by "alt-right" groups.

Meagan Fredette, a freelance writer from Chicago, was the first person to point it out. She said she was browsing Zara's site Monday evening when she noticed the skirt. She tweeted about it and then went to sleep, assuming nothing would come of it.

By Wednesday, the skirt was no longer available on Zara's website. The retailer confirmed to several news outlets that the item had been pulled from real and virtual shelves. (Zara did not respond to emailed requests for comment from The Times.)
    On Wednesday, Furie said via email that Zara had not sought his permission to use Pepe the Frog’s likeness.

The skirt in question was designed by a Spanish artist, Mario de Santiago, as part of Zara's "Oil-On-Denim" collection, which launched this month in stores and online. In a statement, the company said de Santiago created the design based on a painting he made with friends several years ago and that it had “no link to the suggested theme.”
    Fucking projection thy name is whatever the fuck person tweeted this garbage. This picture looks nothing like Pepe.

Pepe does not wear glasses, and has way darker lips. Also there's two figures on the skirt. Not only that but this article just goes out of its way to just bash Zara over other projected stuff and more manufactured outrage. Why the hell does anyone take the ADL seriously? A bunch of people get together and decide that a cartoon character is a symbol of hate. And then people come out and support them. This is almost as retarded as the Wendy's Pepe incident.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-05-06 at 03:16 AM.

It doesn't look anything like it. Even if it did, it's just an internet meme.

It was a leading contender for New Zealand's new flag also.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160206...ry/design/3724

That's racist, thinking all frogs look alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

Pepe does whatever the fuck Pepe wants.
    The image on the skirt is not wearing sunglasses either.

It looks more like old man jenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    The image on the skirt is not wearing sunglasses either.
    There are thousands of variations of the picture. One of them probably has glasses on. It doesn't change the fact that those frogs aren't even remotely similar looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Pepe does not wear glasses, and has way darker lips. Not only that but this article just goes out of its way to just bash Zara over other projected stuff and more manufactured outrage. Why the hell does anyone take the ADL seriously? A bunch of people get together and decide that a cartoon character is a symbol of hate. And then people come out and support them. This is almost as retarded as the Wendy's Pepe incident.
    gotta watch out for those virtue signaling thought vigilantes. This is why marxism always leads to a dystopian nightmare. It leads to situations where your heart skips a beat every time you hear a car door slam outside, because it might be the secret police coming to take you away to a gulag.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    We gotta save Pepe from the racists!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It wasn't adopted by the alt-right. It was assumed to be. Just like the ok hand gesture and milk.

I mean, I don't know why you think glasses with opaque lenses aren't likely sunglasses, but regardless, Pepe does what Pepe wants.

Pepe gonna pepe
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

That is an ugly ass skirt. I mean *insert meme here*

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    It wasn't adopted by the alt-right. It was assumed to be. Just like the ok hand gesture and milk.
    The crazy idea that theres a central power structure to the alt-right that can adopt things seems silly.

Of course, if there was a way, the alt-right has yet to really flex its muscle by adopting things that they want to make people pretendd are racist.

Deleted
    We should reclaim all frogs anyway. We will make the pepe stock crash again if needed. Fuck normies using it.

Yes, pepe is a neo-nazi symbol, didn't you know? Stop using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    And that's where you are wrong.

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Nice job for a quick Illustrator design! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Starfire x pepe is now real.

Deleted
    What a majestic display of art skills, thank you for my new phone wallpaper!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine how valuable those skirts are going to get?

a small investment of 200 USD pays off after they pull them all and destroy them
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

So many hate symbols being linked in this thread! I ask you, where are the infractions?

10+ Year Old Account
    4chan is loving this right now.

First Pepe next rainbows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So many hate symbols being linked in this thread! I ask you, where are the infractions?
    I'm seriously considering reporting all the posts with that horrible offensive frog. People really make fun of that? Don't they remember what Nazis did to Jews? 6000000.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I'm seriously considering reporting all the posts with that horrible offensive frog. People really make fun of that? Don't they remember what Nazis did to Jews? 6000000.
    Hey hey wtf are you doing?

There were 6 gazillion jews not just 6 million. You reyciss!
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2017-05-06 at 05:04 AM.