Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Wait what?? So your telling me if the country doesnt like the president, we cant get him impeached? So what will it take then?
    Theoretically, if enough people called their representatives and demanded they initiate impeachment proceedings...that could force the issue.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I doubt he will be impeached.

Re-elected? This, once again, is going to be determined entirely by the other side. Trump is such a rambling idiot that the only way he can get voters is if the public is afraid of the alternative.

With Hillary rearing her ugly head again, Antifa loudly and publicly shouting their opposition to Trump while smashing peoples skulls in with bike locks and burning cars, the natural response for a lot of people will be to jump to Trump's side.

It will also take a lot more than 4 years to cleanse the democrats of all the decaying filth that currently resides there. Voting left right now seems like voting against yourself.

Tonight for whatever reason my parents started talking about Donald again and how he's screwing up again and my dad basically said he is going to get impeached soon. My question is, when is soon. They have been talking about impeaching him since January. A lot of people where I live do NOT like him. The country at least half of it doesnt like him. So how much does it take to get him impeached so we can get maybe Hillary or Bernie in office? I dont even know if thats possible.
    "Hillary or Bernie"... "Hillary" "H" "i" "l" "l" "a" "r" "y" LUUUUUUULL... WHAAAAAT!!??? No.. Donald getting impeached doesn't mean Hillary is next in line.. are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

If any of that is trustworthy, then impeachment (or some other action) might actually be a possibility. But, I mean, it's Keith Olbermann, so there'll be a cadre of people disqualifying the content of what he's saying is happening (3 grand juries and all that.)

Guess we'll see.
    Keith Olbermann is probably the saltiest liberal in the world. I'd take anything he says with a "grain of salt" .. lul..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Keith Olbermann is probably the saltiest liberal in the world. I'd take anything he says with a "grain of salt" .. lul..
    Yes, well... The content of the message is the only thing that matters. Who delivers it is wholly irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    It will also take a lot more than 4 years to cleanse the democrats of all the decaying filth that currently resides there. Voting left right now seems like voting against yourself.
    Feels kind of like a double standard. There's a lot of corruption and bribery in the democratic party for sure, but there's also a ton of it in the Republican party. Freedom caucus anyone? Koch brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yes, well... The content of the message is the only thing that matters. Who delivers it is wholly irrelevant.
    But his content is incredibly biased and has no meaning or partisan and exaggerated.. Why should I care about anything he says? Just like liberals will ignore anything Sean Hannity or Donald Trump says I will ignore anything that guy says.

Wait what?? So your telling me if the country doesnt like the president, we cant get him impeached? So what will it take then?
    I believe you need a majority in the House to vote for it, plus a two-thirds majority in the Senate. I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would vote to impeach a candidate of their own party in the modern system, so it's basically almost impossible to impeach a US president. Nixon might've been but he resigned before it could happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Feels kind of like a double standard. There's a lot of corruption and bribery in the democratic party for sure, but there's also a ton of it in the Republican party. Freedom caucus anyone? Koch brothers?
    Hey now, hey now: it's not "corruption" when Republicans do it- it's "free speech"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nixon might've been but he resigned before it could happen.
    And it was because his own party wasn't going to defend him

He won't be. You'll have to deal with him till 2024.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keith Olbermann has been running a gaslighting campaign ever since the election, trying to poison the well against Trump. All it actually achieves is further dividing a country's population with lies and tinfoil hat theories, people like him and Maddow are as bad as Fox was during the Obama administration.

There's this constant opinion going around that if you dislike the result of a vote you can change it anyway, before the term expires.

That's not how this works.

The Democrats are likely to win a majority in the House and Senate because that's what happens historically, people blame the president for stuff so they vote in senators and congressmen who oppose the president.

But even with a Democrat majority, you need a sizable group of Republicans to join the Democrats in impeaching Trump otherwise it won't look legit. Why does it have to look legit? If it doesn't look legit you'll get huge voter backlash, in this case against the Democrats.

This is what happened when the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Keith Olbermann has been running a gaslighting campaign ever since the election, trying to poison the well against Trump. All it actually achieves is further dividing a country's population with lies and tinfoil hat theories, people like him and Maddow are as bad as Fox was during the Obama administration.

There's this constant opinion going around that if you dislike the result of a vote you can change it anyway, before the term expires.

That's not how this works.
    The division is there for good reason. Trump ran his campaign in an unacceptable manner. This is the consequences of it. Legitimacy comes from not just gaining power, but how one gained it and how they used it.

Trump is President of the United States. But he's wholly illegitimate. He's something to be torn down. If you want a moment that this became the case as President, it was 30 seconds after being sworn in, with his "American Carnage" speech, the single worst political speech by a President in modern American history.

And honestly, even beating Trump won't be enough. The next step will be to make sure there isn't a sequel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The Democrats are likely to win a majority in the House and Senate because that's what happens historically, people blame the president for stuff so they vote in senators and congressmen who oppose the president.

But even with a Democrat majority, you need a sizable group of Republicans to join the Democrats in impeaching Trump otherwise it won't look legit. Why does it have to look legit? If it doesn't look legit you'll get huge voter backlash, in this case against the Democrats.

This is what happened when the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton.
    Democrats are well positioned to win the House in 2018 according to latest looks. The chances of them winning the Senate in 2018 are very slim. They'll probably lose a few seats overall, but it'll be less than expected.

The map for Democrats and Republicans is kind of a toss up in 2020 with Democrats having a slight advantage. Republicans have to defend far more states, but have basically no avenues to win new states. Democrats have to defend very few states, but have just 3 modest options for gaining seats (Iowa, North Carolina, Maine)/

Honestly the most important thing for democrats is that they nail 2018 Gubernatorial elections and retake state houses in 2018 and 2020. This will position them well for 2020 redistricting which kicks into effect in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    people like your parrents and all the hundreds of idiots i herd when obama was in power dont seem to understand whats required to be impeached. Just cus you dont like what they did doesnt mean they will get impeached. The only reason clinton got impeached is cus he lied about having sex. Not the having sex part. Bush didnt get it, neither did obama despite us having to listen to idiots clamor on every fucking day about how they were going to get impeached for this or that reason.
    Beside being thankful for your colorful language, I should also add that using the lying card isn't helping your argument, you know the glass houses, stones and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of fingers-in-ears, pants-on-head ignorance by leftists in this thread just goes to show what the future really holds.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    The amount of fingers-in-ears, pants-on-head ignorance by leftists in this thread just goes to show what the future really holds.
    Two wrong make it right though.

I have a feeling at some point Trump will be sidelined as his mental state becomes debilitating. Something seems wrong with him, and I don't think it is simply crippling stupidity.

At that point Pence will be president and I really don't know if that would be a good thing... He's a scumbag politician who might actually get something done. A thing we don't want republicans trying their best to be saturday morning cartoon villains to be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Honestly, Republican voters seem weirdly content with corruption just happening before there eyes - I mean can you really expect much from a voter base that willingly voted in a random celebrity?

As for the Democratic Party, anyone I spoke to about it seemed to be just voting for Hillary because thats their party or because the alternative is a wild card. No one really seemed happy with Hillary as the candidate and I've felt like the democrat voter base has felt a bit cheated ever since Obama was voted in on 'change' and 'hope' and not only continued the things people hated (such as monitoring citizens) but also joined in on yet another middle east freedom venture in the 2011 Libyan intervention.

Honestly, as a guy in the Centre-Left, I feel like I have a choice between Religious nutters who love war for the sake of MUH FREEDOM! (the right) and Shady as fuck deep-state politicians who love war for the sake of money (the left).

Trump was suppose to be the wild card that fucked up the deep state big time, instead he seems to just be joining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Honestly, Republican voters seem weirdly content with corruption just happening before there eyes - I mean can you really expect much from a voter base that willingly voted in a random celebrity?

As for the Democratic Party, anyone I spoke to about it seemed to be just voting for Hillary because thats their party or because the alternative is a wild card. No one really seemed happy with Hillary as the candidate and I've felt like the democrat voter base has felt a bit cheated ever since Obama was voted in on 'change' and 'hope' and not only continued the things people hated (such as monitoring citizens) but also joined in on yet another middle east freedom venture in the 2011 Libyan intervention.

Honestly, as a guy in the Centre-Left, I feel like I have a choice between Religious nutters who love war for the sake of MUH FREEDOM! (the right) and Shady as fuck deep-state politicians who love war for the sake of money (the left).

Trump was suppose to be the wild card that fucked up the deep state big time, instead he seems to just be joining it.
    The Republicans absolutely love the money too. That's like the 1 thing democrats and republicans agree on, love of money. That's why it should be somewhat concerning when they agree on something, usually means there's money involved.

Probably not hes mellowing out and is boring now

7+ Year Old Account
    never lol

the gop isn't going to impeach their own president, count on it

plus he's already their puppet, it's clear this president is both utterly inexperienced and largely apathetic so yeah, they got a guy who will do exactly what they want
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2017-05-06 at 12:48 PM.