Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Sure in it's current form it's not that great but there is a lot of work left to be done. What you see in the bill now are rollbacks of the harmful parts of obamacare that states can "waiver." Is it enough money every year to carry every person in america's "pre-exisiting" condition? No and ACA doesn't even have that funding level. AARP claims that is $178 billion per year but that is nonsense because we aren't a population that everyone doesn't already have insurance.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-05-06 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sure in it's current form it's not that great but there is a lot of work left to be done. What you see in the bill now are rollbacks of the harmful parts of obamacare that states can "waiver."
    Like the very harmful nearly 1 trillion dollars tax break they are giving to the rich straight out of medicaid? rob from the poor give it to the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Like the very harmful nearly 1 trillion dollars tax break they are giving to the rich straight out of medicaid? rob from the poor give it to the rich.
    Which is any different than the current popular individual tax breaks that will cost almost $4 trillion in uncollected taxes between 2014 and 2018? If they rollback the obamacare tax credit to employers it's about the same amount anyway. So nothing is lost or gained.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-05-06 at 05:46 PM.

Which is any different than the current popular individual tax breaks that will cost almost $4 trillion in uncollected taxes between 2014 and 2018?
    What does that have to do with anything this health care bill is a giant tax cut for the rich even gives some to insurance executives while taking money out of medicaid. How do you even begin to justify that?

What does that have to do with anything this health care bill is a giant tax cut for the rich even gives some to insurance executives while taking money out of medicaid. How do you even begin to justify that?
    I just edited the reason it doesn't differ from what happens now. Full repeal the government gets the trillion dollars back. It's what is offered now except I believe there are even further individual deduction on the state level that will no longer be necessary. When you broker deals like government gets involved in certain industries the government has to give them something as well for everyone to be happy with it. It's why these type of deals are shitty in the end but people need health insurance right?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-05-06 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange how the Republicans fallback position these days seems to be letting states opt-out of the things they don't like. As if the gap between Red and Blue states isn't big enough already.

I just edited the reason it doesn't differ from what happens now.
    How is it not any different when they are literally taking money from medicaid and stuffing it in the pockets of rich people? you think 883 billion dollars going to the top is nothing? That number was before this plan was modified to be even more crappy. I am sure the people who would get their medicaid cut will sure notice the difference.

How is it not any different when they are literally taking money from medicaid and stuffing it in the pockets of rich people? you think 883 billion dollars going to the top is nothing? That number was before this plan was modified to be even more crappy. I am sure the people who would get their medicaid cut will sure notice the difference.
    Rich get that now anyway. Whatever source you get your information from leaves out all of the taxes and credits in ACA. The bill you see now is part of the repeal effort. The tax reform will happen in the senate. So what you see right now will likely be dealt with in the coming weeks/months?

There is a reason why most conservative states are absolute dump. Color me shocked...

One can only hope Trumpcare thins their number. I have little sympathy for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    It's strange how the Republicans fallback position these days seems to be letting states opt-out of the things they don't like. As if the gap between Red and Blue states isn't big enough already.
    It's part of the repeal process to get rid of the things that didn't work under ACA. That is what you see in this bill in its current form. A lot of work left to be done.

It's part of the repeal process to get rid of the things that didn't work under ACA. That is what you see in this bill in its current form. A lot of work left to be done.
    Ah yes the magical phase 2 and phase 3 bills that are supposed to fix everything and that no one has seen

Like MS can get any worse..It is already competing with Mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be against getting rid of things that aren't working in the bill, but having it vary by state seems like a recipe for some long term problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Geardagas View Post
    CNN is, as always, lying. Stop trying to get information from the 24-hour anti-trump channel,.

The pre-existing condition facet of obamacare is upheld in the AHCA. They aren't going anywhere. The only difference is that states can now investigate those pre-existing conditions on a case-by-case basis to prevent the rampant fraudulent activity that obamacare allowed.

Stop allowing your hatred to guide reality.

then again, a poster above me actually said that feelings > reality, so i guess that's that. Keep believe lies and spreading those lies if it helps fuel your hatred, I guess.

Geeze you just love to cry about "mainstream media fake news" on everything you read from CNN huh?

Here's the thing, did you even spend a second to see that this information was not created by CNN but by the Kaiser Foundation which has been tracking and doing studies on health insurance for, oh about 50 years.

so what fraudulent activity is there in obamacare that revolves around pre-existing care? i have to know this.

This gives the states the right to bring back pre-existing. you think this won't be done? they are already talking about limiting things that their religions do not believe in like family planning why would a bible thumping state not start making a list of things they don't want to cover??

The Democrats crammed Obamacare down our throats so any fallout from it's repeal is entirely on the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    The Democrats crammed Obamacare down our throats so any fallout from it's repeal is entirely on the Democrats.
    That makes zero sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the same people who consistently vote against their own interests because they're easily swayed parrots who just repeat the dumb shit they get told voted against their own interests again?

Oh my lord, I'm so shocked. This is most surprising thing I've ever read, ever.

/s

so you already know those states are going to apply for and get waiver... can i have next week's lotto numbers. Dont need the grand prize you can keep that for yourself just set me up with a few 100k plz.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The question then is will they come to better states and infect them with their stupidity or will they stick to their guns and die early from not having their insulin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    so you already know those states are going to apply for and get waiver... can i have next week's lotto numbers. Dont need the grand prize you can keep that for yourself just set me up with a few 100k plz.

Pretty sure they're the same states that opted out of the medicaid expansion under the ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Under the Affordable Care Act, insurers couldn’t deny anyone coverage based on their health status. And the amendment doesn’t change that part. As a Kaiser Family Foundation summary of the GOP bill says, it retains the “requirement to guarantee issue coverage” — which means coverage must be offered regardless of health status — and it retains the “prohibition on pre-existing condition exclusions” — which forbids insurers from excluding coverage specifically for a policyholder’s pre-existing conditions.
    ......it does "change that part"....

it allows them to obtain a waver, that then allows them to add in any pre-existing allowance they want.

it also allows them to add in any deletion from guarantee issue coverage, you know like maternity, mental health, etc etc.

if you don't think red states will be the first to ask for wavers to appease their religious voters, you are living in a dream land. then after that happens it will open the flood to "save money"