Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PvP spec for a bad player

Hello, I wonder what class/spec are noob friendly for WoW PvP (Battlegrounds, Arenas 2v2 and 3v3)

I'm a mythic raider, but I'm terrible at PvP. Every time I try to participate in PvP with my Frost DK, I get demolished in World or Instanced PvP.

So I wonder if there is a class/spec that you would suggest for a bad player to learn the ropes? Thanks.

Poisonous topic. People will claim the spec they lost to in world pvp / duels is the most faceroll spec ever.

Check xunamate.com and watch which specs are dominating in numbers.

That usually means that spec is the right way to go.

Atthis point in wow pvp there arent really any complexity left in the game.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Hello, I wonder what class/spec are noob friendly for WoW PvP (Battlegrounds, Arenas 2v2 and 3v3)

I'm a mythic raider, but I'm terrible at PvP. Every time I try to participate in PvP with my Frost DK, I get demolished in World or Instanced PvP.

So I wonder if there is a class/spec that you would suggest for a bad player to learn the ropes? Thanks.
    Guardian Druid
    Havoc
    Havoc
    Havoc
    and last but least Havoc

I agree with Cempa, havoc is pretty easy, and prot war and bear druid can perform pretty well without a lot of effort. Since you already have a dk, I'd try blood too.
    The things youre probably doing wrong will come to you with experience doing pvp. The nice thing about tanks is that they stay alive long enough that each encounter lasts long enough that you can gather more from it. Later you can go back to dps and it won't feel like everything is going 90 miles per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnham View Post
    I agree with Cempa, havoc is pretty easy, and prot war and bear druid can perform pretty well without a lot of effort. Since you already have a dk, I'd try blood too.
    The things youre probably doing wrong will come to you with experience doing pvp. The nice thing about tanks is that they stay alive long enough that each encounter lasts long enough that you can gather more from it. Later you can go back to dps and it won't feel like everything is going 90 miles per hour.
    Huh, never thought tanks could be good in PvP, especially in Arenas. I'm definatelly going to try Havoc. Already looked at skillcapped for talents.

Thanks guys.

Deleted
    Huh, never thought tanks could be good in PvP, especially in Arenas. I'm definatelly going to try Havoc. Already looked at skillcapped for talents.

Thanks guys.
    The only tank which can work in PvP is Guardian druid. As Protection Warrior i just die in seconds. I have better survivability as Fury.
    I recommend Shadow Priest, Havoc DH or Fury Warrior for BGs.

Picked up Havoc DH and I'm already doing so much better. Even in skirmish arenas.

Even in skirmish arenas.
    Skirmish is the area where havoc dh is the easiest to play and dominate with.
    Wait till you enter 3v3 and notice that there's more to the class than to pull meta and nemesis at the start of the match.

I would say BM hunter is your best bet. Even if someone LoSes you, you are still doing very good damage. Burst on a low CD (only one minute) and pretty good constant damage with little effort required. It's even better if you're from Australia, that way you can lag and melee can't hit you at all.

It is a personal opinion, but I don't believe there are any hard specs left in the game.

I'd say you should stick to your actual main and try to improve from there, simply because you have better muscle memory on a char you've played for a while longer than whatever is fotm atm in pvp.

As a side note , I would say the following specs are a slight easier to achieve better results in the lower rated bracket or random bgs :

-Arms/Fury warrior.
    -Ret pala.
    -Havoc DH.
    -Any hunter spec.

The reason I did not mention any other spec/class has nothing to do with them being harder or less effective to climb, what did affect the result is the following:

-Casters at lower brackets and normal bgs suffer from the lack of effective cd management and proper positioning, as well as proper usage of fake casting or multiple spellschool usage, this makes them feel much squishier than they actually are, as such playing a hunter for a "ranged" spec role fits best as you have substantially better mobility than most casters and easier cc setups, do note that hunters are quite squishy the higher you climb though.

-As for melee specs, the reason I mentioned warrior, rets and havoc and not the other specs is mainly due to easier "basic" rotations to pull off, thus overall damage should be high even at skill floor, 2nd reason is each of these classes favor a particular playstyle from the tanky melee, the popup bubble without paying much attention ( due to lack of awareness) saving your life at low ratings and the extreme mobility / burst damage of a DH which can overwhelm most lower bracket comps.

- I did not mention healers because if you were looking for healer spec advice you would have opened a thread with a different title.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-05-01 at 12:48 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks guys.
    Tanks aren't good in PvP, it's just typical Cempa with his complaints about stuff no one else complains about.

DH is the easiest class by a mile. If you can't be bothered to get good, just play that.

BM Hunter is also something easy, but it's incredibly boring.

Probably third in the list is Ret Pala, it's still fun to play whilst being incredibly dumbed down.

Deleted
    I am impressed that no one recommended Frost DKs as well, in regards of spec complexity and how easy it is to kill someone in an arena.

I'd suggest wholol's list however, mainly not because they are easy to play (most specs are now) but because they simply are good in PvP, unlike others, like the Frost DK that I mentioned, who lack utility and are designed only with PvE in mind.
    A Fury Warrior or a Retri Paladin isn't easier than say an Assassination Rogue or an Enhancement Shaman nowadays, they simply have solid strong utility tools with straightforward uses.

Since you started as a Havoc, I mostly play Havoc too in Legion, and although it is the most fun spec I've played, it is frustrating in PvP; Havoc feels exceptionally good in BGs, very strong in 2v2, especially with the right PvP talents, but weak in 3v3.
    That being said, it is very fun in BGs and it is very satisfying when you manage to escape from tough situations or use Eye of Leotheras on that annoying warlock in the backline and watch them die from their own spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to play something easy (which will get boring and has no learning curve) instead of learning something properly from the start ?
    You get a lot more satisfaction if you actually have to perform and play well to get out of certain situations instead of mashing 1 1 2 entire games.
    Yes it takes time and can be frustrating (since you don't always know what's going on) but that's how you learn things in most situations.
    This is just my personal point of view, but I enjoy it the most that way.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    I am impressed that no one recommended Frost DKs as well, in regards of spec complexity and how easy it is to kill someone in an arena.

I'd suggest wholol's list however, mainly not because they are easy to play (most specs are now) but because they simply are good in PvP, unlike others, like the Frost DK that I mentioned, who lack utility and are designed only with PvE in mind.
    A Fury Warrior or a Retri Paladin isn't easier than say an Assassination Rogue or an Enhancement Shaman nowadays, they simply have solid strong utility tools with straightforward uses.

Since you started as a Havoc, I mostly play Havoc too in Legion, and although it is the most fun spec I've played, it is frustrating in PvP; Havoc feels exceptionally good in BGs, very strong in 2v2, especially with the right PvP talents, but weak in 3v3.
    That being said, it is very fun in BGs and it is very satisfying when you manage to escape from tough situations or use Eye of Leotheras on that annoying warlock in the backline and watch them die from their own spells.
    Nobody did suggest Frost DK since that's where I'm getting demolished.

Havoc really seems to be what I was looking for. Reasonably easy, but still good in battlegrounds, 2v2 and 3v3.

I'm getting enough complexity from mythic raiding so in PvP I want something more relaxing, even though I know that PvP is 10 times harder than any mythic encounter.

Add Feral druid to the list or assi rogue. Both do very good damage and have a very low skillcap to min/max. Plus ferals have basically been top tier to anyone who learns how cake they are since like wrath. Frost mage is easy if you are willing to learn caster basics. Another like feral that is always way too good and pretty simple once you grasp the basics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say stay away from glass cannon classes or classes that rely on mobility/CC for defenses.

Guardian Druids are good, DKs are good, Paladins are good and all have relatively simple rotations and good burst and def CDs that don't rely on you being twitchy to succeed in.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted

Havoc really seems to be what I was looking for. Reasonably easy, but still good in battlegrounds, 2v2 and 3v3.

I'm getting enough complexity from mythic raiding so in PvP I want something more relaxing, even though I know that PvP is 10 times harder than any mythic encounter.
    Silly me, I forgot about it reading through the posts.

Glad you're enjoying Havoc, it's indeed pretty easy and straightforward, but still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    Add Feral druid to the list or assi rogue. Both do very good damage and have a very low skillcap to min/max. Plus ferals have basically been top tier to anyone who learns how cake they are since like wrath. Frost mage is easy if you are willing to learn caster basics. Another like feral that is always way too good and pretty simple once you grasp the basics.
    This is so wrong that I dont know where to begin. Keeping up perfect bloodtalon bleeds on max targets while being zerged is possible for a very small percent of feral players. The ones that have gladiator and above.

Misinformation like this is why these topics are so bad. You will have players that got beaten in duels outside orgrimmar running to the forums claiming how OP and faceroll everything is except their class.

- - - Updated - - -

You will have a better time with an Arms warrior since they are miles ahead of DHs. The only good thing with Demon Hunters is when they pop meta.
    Before and after meta they are taking up a slot of your team better suited for a better class.

Deleted
    As others have said, DH is the easiest and most effective class.

Avoid frost in pvp, does terrible dig and has terrible mobility. Unholy on the other hand is practically the anti-healer spec due on top of disease dmg and being able to attack from afar.

I lvled up a DH and started farming WSG scramble as vengeance spec, it's pretty fun! Of course, DH are definitely useful tools for RBGs and arena.