Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Becoming the first black American president.
    if his mother is white and his father is black, why is his considered black?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Because hes not white, and in America if you aren't white you're (X).

Because it pisses off racists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being half black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    He received a nobel prize before even doing anything... He didn't actually deserve the nobel prize and the people that gave it out regretted doing so.
    Granted. Have to pick from the other 7 things I guess.

recovering from 08 crash
    ACA
    gay marriage
    not getting into another Iraq
    enviromental initiatives
    and doing this with a historical "do nothing" congress and unprecedented partisan politics party of GOP

On the flip side, most transparent administration campaign promise was dead wrong, esculation of drone use, not hard enough on wallstreet, didn't pass any major legislation for wealth inequality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    recovering from 08 crash
    ACA
    gay marriage
    not getting into another Iraq
    enviromental initiatives
    and doing this with a historical "do nothing" congress and unprecedented partisan politics party of GOP

On the flip side, most transparent administration campaign promise was dead wrong, esculation of drone use, not hard enough on wallstreet, didn't pass any major legislation for wealth inequality.
    You can add the TPP, the Iran nuclear deal, an increase in 22 million jobs (although this could be folded into the recovery of the great recession). Consumer protection laws regarding banking were passed.

Helping us recover from the '08 Great Recession.
    People forget how bad that really got.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are likely the things he'll be most known for:
    1) First black president
    2) Huge strides for LGBT equality
    3) ACA (even if it does get repealed)
    4) Killing Bin Laden
    5) Nursing the post-2008 economy back to health

There isn't much else I can think of that stand out that would stand the test of time. Other than Bid Laden all the middle east stuff will just get lost in the murk of decades long interventionism that multiple presidents will be linked to. Given the GOP obstructionism there just simply wasn't much legislation that saw the light of day that moved the needle to any degree.

EDIT -- I forgot one of the big ones -- the first president to really embrace social media and social culture to great effect. That'll probably stand out in the history books.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2017-05-06 at 09:20 PM.

Since the GOP and the Dumpsters are dead-set to undo anything and everything good he's done, I'd have to say the one thing he's accomplished that will be left over that the GOP and Dump could never do;

Being President while simultaneously not being an Asshole.

He identify as black and has majority black features...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    You can add the TPP, the Iran nuclear deal, an increase in 22 million jobs (although this could be folded into the recovery of the great recession). Consumer protection laws regarding banking were passed.
    I thought Tpp didn't pass?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Try to wrap your head around Halle Berry. Mother is white, father is black. From the time she was 5, she was raised exclusively by her mother, and had no contact with her father. Yet she identifies as black. ?????????
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Bush recovery really. He was the cleanup president and did it with moderate attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Try to wrap your head around Halle Berry. Mother is white, father is black. From the time she was 5, she was raised exclusively by her mother, and had no contact with her father. Yet she identifies as black. ?????????
    /shrug what would you call her? White?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Bush recovery really. He was the cleanup president and did it with moderate attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

/shrug what would you call her? White?
    What everyone in this god damn country should call everyone. AMERICAN.

These labels and identity politics need to gtfo, they don't do anyone any good.
    Last edited by rosebull; 2017-05-06 at 09:31 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    despite it taking many years before his Presidency to find him, I firmly believe that he will be in years to come, remember as the Commander in Chief who got Bin Laden.
    is there even any proof they really killed bin laden the whole throwing the body in the sea thing seems like bullshit to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    is there even any proof they really killed bin laden the whole throwing the body in the sea thing seems like bullshit to me.
    Well there's photos...for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I highly doubt it, Bin Laden would have rushed to get his face back out there after we said "We got him!" just to show that they're full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    What everyone in this god damn country should call everyone. AMERICAN.

These labels and identity politics need to gtfo, they don't do anyone any good.
    How would you describe a person to police when reporting a crime? Just leave the race out due to sensitivity?

Sorry, but I'm a white guy. I'll be described as white and I describe by what I see as well.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

amazing how this country was [ ] that close to financial ruin and his administration clawed back and created/saved 20 million jobs and resulted in 190%+ increase in the stock market, yet people want to say he did nothing, his administration destroyed this country....etc etc

sigh, people forget the million layoffs a month i guess

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Well there's photos...for one.
    in a day and age where you can pretty much photoshop any thing i wouldn't put stock in photos.