Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ISIS leader in Afghanistan killed in raid

(CNN)The ISIS leader in Afghanistan, Sheikh Abdul Hasib, was killed in an April 27 raid conducted by Afghan special security forces and US troops, Afghan and US authorities said Sunday.

Fifth US Army rangers and 40 Afghan commandos were dropped by helicopter into Nangarhar Province, within a mile or so of the site where the United States dropped the MOAB, or "mother of all bombs," on April 13.

Within minutes, the rangers were surrounded by heavy fire, the Pentagon said, causing the soldiers to call in support from an AC-130 aircraft, F-16s, drones and Apache helicopters.
    The Pentagon said Hasib was the target of the attack, but didn't confirm his death until Sunday.
    The raid also resulted in the deaths of several other high ranking leaders of ISIS-K, the terror group's regional branch, and 35 ISIS fighters. Two American soldiers died in the attack, perhaps from friendly fire, the Pentagon said.
    "This is the second ISIS-K emir we have killed in nine months, along with dozens of their leaders and hundreds of their fighters," said General John Nicholson, Commander US Forces - Afghanistan. "For more than two years, ISIS-K has waged a barbaric campaign of death, torture and violence against the Afghan people, especially those in southern Nangarhar."
    In a series of Tweets on Sunday, President Ashraf Ghani's Office confirmed Hasib was killed in the attack.
    "He was responsible for ordering the attack on the 400-bed hospital in Kabul, kidnapped girls and beheaded elders in front of their families," the President's office said.
    The March 8 attack on the hospital, carried out by gunmen disguised as medical personnel, left 30 people dead before Afghan security forces killed the attackers.
    So glad we're making progress on this shit finally.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/07/middle...n-afghanistan/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I like the part where they gloss over the fact that they murdered two Army Rangers with friendly fire. Classy

Rest his brave soul. See you the next life, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I like the part where they gloss over the fact that they murdered two Army Rangers with friendly fire. Classy
    How many fire fights have you been in?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How many fire fights have you been in?
    Being in a fight has nothing to do with glossing over the deaths of two American Soldiers lmao

Every dead isis rat is a good one, well done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Within minutes, the rangers were surrounded by heavy fire, the Pentagon said, causing the soldiers to call in support from an AC-130 aircraft, F-16s, drones and Apache helicopters.

If only others had such support in warfare as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably already replaced.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Being in a fight has nothing to do with glossing over the deaths of two American Soldiers lmao
    How are they glossing it over? The article was focusing on the isis leader not the soldiers and they still mentioned it. Shit happens in a fire fight. Accidents happen.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The ISIS mullahs will say once again that his death doesn't mean that God is against ISIS, that this is just God yet again testing the faithful. Some ISIS members will have become tired of hearing this. How many times does God have to test you?

It's important to keep giving them defeats like this, we're fighting an idea.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The ISIS mullahs will say once again that his death doesn't mean that God is against ISIS, that this is just God yet again testing the faithful. Some ISIS members will have become tired of hearing this. How many times does God have to test you?

Mullahs are shia.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

does the quran have the story from the bible where god allows satan to entirely ruin a man's life just make a point? i think that's in the old testament, and most of the old testament's in the quran. if so, i don't think they will learn.

there's only one way to defeat them truly. this will always exist as long as belief exists.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How are they glossing it over? The article was focusing on the isis leader not the soldiers and they still mentioned it. Shit happens in a fire fight. Accidents happen.
    1. Don't move the goal post
    2. You know I am referring to the Pentagon Statement not the article itself. You KNOW that.

I didn't even know ISIS was "active" in Afghanistan. It seems stupendous plan to eradicate Islamic terrorism from "world" really is not going anywhere.

Deleted
    Theses people aren't bond villians. While killing someone like al baghdadi in syria would be a good move, this view that splattering the top guy will somehow defeat islamic fundementalism is misguided.

We aren't making much progress. The only good thing about losing physical territory is that it weakens ideology (see communism) but it doesn't destroy it.

As for winning in Afganistan. hahahahahaha. Good luck with that, the Taliban faded away and then came back and are making gains in every province.
    I think Afganistan was the turning point for America. When the soviets were defeated there, it wasn't just the army that lost. Afganistan destroyed the Soviets faith, it reached out, corrupted and corroded it. It destroyed the idea that communism was the future universal model for the world. Then America got defeated there, and the same thing is happening. We became corrupted, started accepting torture, mass spying, rigged democracy. Our faith in the universalism of democracy was shattered. The idea of democracy is starting to faulter and with it goes our power. Afganistan is the graveyard of nations.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's regrettable that two American heroes were killed accidentally, but such are the risks of war. Any time terrorist trash dies, it's a good day.

" There is only one 'retirement plan' for terrorists." --- Secretary of Defense James Mattis
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    He's probably already replaced.
    Sadly this is true, I remember AQ leaders being killed every week and it did not make a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

" There is only one 'retirement plan' for terrorists." --- Secretary of Defense James Mattis
    Tell that to Gerry Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Sadly this is true, I remember AQ leaders being killed every week and it did not make a difference.
    Agreed. I always think of Hydra when these pop up. Cut off one head and two more will take it's place.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    They will have a new leader there in like a few hours.