Poll: Would you play a Diablo game like that?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo reboot with destiny/witcher like combat?

Would you play a game in the Diablo universe that was an mmo lite? It would be like Destiny or other games from the emerging Genre. Action combat. Third Person open world with more modern combat. Not hotkey based. Still the same old loot grind. Story. Online pvp, World populated with maybe a couple hundred players. Not a true mmo, but more of the new genre thats being created with the likes of Destiny and the Division.

Think the Witcher meets old Diablo meets destiny.

That actually sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

That would be absolutely amazing and exactly what could catapult Diablo from "Old Franchise" status (ie: sc/wc/d) to "new franchise" status.

Which Blizzard really needs to do if they pretend to care about salvaging that franchise. Maybe its a pipe dream to think they still do, BUT I HOPE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be hell of a game but knowing Blizzard they'll just keep doing what D3 is but add more onto it or do something different(If they decide to just move on to Diablo 4).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

hell yes.

either that or an mmo. i'm fine either way, just as long as it's not isometric and i finally get to truly see that dark, gothic world.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Hellgate London?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe slightly, but good.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2017-05-07 at 05:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Diablo as a franchise is based around the isometric dungeon crawler style. They could make a spinoff with the same lore, but in the 3rd person ARPG style and I might play it, but it wouldn't be considered part of the core diablo franchise.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Nope. Diablo as a franchise is based around the isometric dungeon crawler style. They could make a spinoff with the same lore, but in the 3rd person ARPG style and I might play it, but it wouldn't be considered part of the core diablo franchise.
    Then how are they going to improve what they have within that genre?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That would be absolutely amazing and exactly what could catapult Diablo from "Old Franchise" status (ie: sc/wc/d) to "new franchise" status.

Which Blizzard really needs to do if they pretend to care about salvaging that franchise. Maybe its a pipe dream to think they still do, BUT I HOPE!
    Na, the necromancer is going to resurrect Diablo, you watch.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then how are they going to improve what they have within that genre?
    By adding meaningful endgame, more story, more classes, more shit to do. Basically, improve on the core gameplay, without totally scrapping it and remaking the game as a new genre.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    By adding meaningful endgame, more story, more classes, more shit to do. Basically, improve on the core gameplay, without totally scrapping it and remaking the game as a new genre.
    isometric has always been a shit way to play games.

i want to see the world and be immersed within it. you can't do that with isometric games, because you're detached like some god floating above.

Deleted
    a while back there were.job listings for an unnanounced project but one of the requirements was a "Passion for diablo" then after that not so long ago more job listings for an unnamounced project was put forth that was gonna use a robust first person engine. then tom chilton director of wow leaves the wow team to work on unannounced project. put it all together u get a first person dialblo extremely rich rpg think like skyrim but made by blizzard and in the diablo world. i think thats whats going on. how cool would that be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    isometric has always been a shit way to play games.
    Well, I can't totally disagree with that... But we're not talking about if Isometric is the best game style or not, we're discussing if they should change D3 from an Isometric Dungeon Crawler to a 3rd person RPG.

My answer to that will always be no, because Diablo is a dungeon crawler franchise.

I'd be 100% behind Blizzard if they decided to make a new 3rd person ARPG franchise set in the Diablo Universe, but I just wouldn't want them to call it "Diablo"

No thank you. The witcher was a horribly boring game. I don't know why so many people like it.

I've been wishing for the same since I played Dying Light, and its very plausibe that "Diablo 4" could become a MMARPG.

The original hack'n'slash dungeon crawler games are not limited to work in 2D / isometric engines.
    Like WoW in Diablo setting, with updated engine and higher pace of the slaughter is really all it takes.

What additional features they put in for gameplay, characters development and so on is really not defining the genre.

Combat in the wither games is terrible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Combat in the wither games is terrible...
    It's actually not terrible. It may not be revolutionary or perfect but it's not terrible.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You mean Hellgate London?
    That's what I was thinking.

A diablo-style mmo where you play in first person with diablo-style loot sounds awesome. Not sure how you would balance ranged versus melee though.

The Witcher's combat isn't like an MMO at all, if you're talking 2/3.

But I'd like that, yeah.