Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    But how will drunks feed themselves at 3am?
    Krabby patties.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    This is so biased, it makes Alex Jones look trustworthy. Not that im expecting anything else from theguardian, but LOL.

"Omg they are banning kebab shops, those dahm racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, homophobic fascists. Oh yea, and fast food in general"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I know the basics tourist traps but you cant always pic the right one that dont want to rip you off, check if locals eat there, check the prices first and look at the food first of other customers but when you are on vacation and drunk alot, you just want to eat something.
    Also it was new to me that Italian food can be that bad after spending month of vacation in all diffrent places in Nothern-Italy.
    The restaurants around the city centre are a disaster. I have a dear friend in Rome and visit it often. Romans complain about them as well. Anyway yeah that's secondary anyway.

Deleted
    They are banning fugly fast-food tourist traps, even the italian ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    this is just about preserving the culture of the city, they want tourists who go there to experience venice and traditional food and stuff, not have the place filled with kebab places and mcdonalds.

Not sure if this is a good move or not, but it doesn't seem to be really targeting any specific cultures or religions, just fast food and non-traditional places.
    hmmm. venice is a tourist location for people who specifically go there for venice related stuff. i guess it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    While people will undoubtly try to spin this into some form of race/religion debate I doubt that applies here. We have the same problem in Amsterdam, a massive increase in tourist shops like nutella salonas has led to a massive reduction in store diversity.
    Foreign investors jump on the hype train of whatever sells well at the moment. Do you really need 50 kebab stores in the city center at the cost of traditional italian, family-owned stores which add a lot of charm when visiting an Italian city?
    when family-owned priced a simple coffee more than 1€, yes, we need