Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Magazine Retracts Insult to Olsen Twins That ‘White People Age Like Bananas’

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/soci...-like-bananas/

An online social justice magazine was forced to apologize for a racially-charged tweet claiming that “white people age like bananas”.

Affinity Magazine, a publication describing itself as “Social justice + politics + culture from the teen perspective”, was attacked for tweeting a picture of Nicki Minaj posing with former tween stars the Olsen twins at the Met Gala on Monday.

“Nicki Minaj is 34 and the Olsen twins are 30. White people age like bananas,” the tweet read:

Social media users quickly noted that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have both suffered from eating disorders and drug abuse.

Minaj, meanwhile, is rumored to have used plastic surgery in the past.

“Yo @theAffinityMag did it seriously take you an hour to realize it’s “tacky” to mock women who have publicly suffered from anorexia?” wrote Tom Harlock.

Another user seconded: “If this was worded totally opposite you’d be one of the first crying racism. But go off mocking people who suffered eating disorders.”

Following the outrage on social media, the magazine deleted the racist tweet and issued an apology.

It said: “We apologize for this tweet. It was in poor taste and the humor was very tacky.

“Our intent was not to mock people who suffer from eating disorders or drug abuse. It was simply to highlight how differently people age.”

This isn’t the first time the magazine and its founder have been accused of racism.

Founder Evelyn Atieno once called Mexican people “dirty” and remarked that a musician “looks like so Jewish in person” but is like a “rich Arab” on his album’s cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably has more to do with drugs and abnormal diets to stay that skinny than the color of your skin.

In this instance, I am not prepared to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

That's what a ton of plastic surgery and botox/collagen will do to you. Of course, all three look like ghouls.

Deleted
    People with eating disorders don't age really well, at least one of them have it, if not both. That said, apparently the darker you are the slower you age, so I've read. White men do lose their hair a lot quicker as well in general and become gray faster. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

In terms of Nicki, she isn't shy of surgery and others use it at a much younger age these days. I do the know if she had any facial surgery yet, I don't think so but who knows. And she.might be better at make up as well. But yes, she does look better than the twins in terms.of health, and there are other white women who look better than them as well.

The twins also did drugs I recall, but might be wrong on that. People who abuse their body will age terribly.
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2017-05-07 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aging process is influenced by what you do to yourself. Specifically drugs. And the Oslen twins did a lot of drugs.

Heroine addicts.

And a 52 year old white guy who's eaten nothing but raw fruits and vegetables.

At least the Olsen twins are not 72% plastic and rapping about their ass and tits. Real social justice material there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Olsen twins age like bananas. I know a ton of white people who look younger than their age.
    With that statement, in particular, I can agree with :P

-

On topic: Good. Gotta keep up with the standards they claim to be supportive of.

White people turn black as they get older? Or are they making a different banana ageing point? Are all black people just old white people? Is that what they're trying to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    What? They redacted because it offended white people? Alright, seems fine, they would do the same in other circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What? They redacted because it offended white people? Alright, seems fine, they would do the same in other circumstances.
    They redacted it because it clearly offended bananas.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    They redacted it because it clearly offended bananas.
    Shit, you are correct.

People with less melanin age on average faster than people with more melanin due to UV damage. That's a biological fact. You can't deny science just because it makes you feel bad.

Do any of us actually care? I don't actually care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    People with less melanin age on average faster than people with more melanin due to UV damage. That's a biological fact. You can't deny science just because it makes you feel bad.
    We live a lot longer though, so I'll take it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Das racist!

Deleted
    Do any of us actually care? I don't actually care.

not really, some stupid magazine i've never heard of prints something mildly racist and then retracts it, really dont care :\

considering its a magazine ive never heard of, never read before and dont ever intend on reading its not like this really has any impact for me. Then again this is the internet, we need to state how morally outraged we are everytime something like this happens. I wouldn't care if a magazine ran an article stating all blacks are criminals, i dont care if a magazine says white people age badly :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/soci...-like-bananas/

An online social justice magazine was forced to apologize for a racially-charged tweet claiming that “white people age like bananas”.

Affinity Magazine, a publication describing itself as “Social justice + politics + culture from the teen perspective”, was attacked for tweeting a picture of Nicki Minaj posing with former tween stars the Olsen twins at the Met Gala on Monday.

“Nicki Minaj is 34 and the Olsen twins are 30. White people age like bananas,” the tweet read:

Social media users quickly noted that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have both suffered from eating disorders and drug abuse.

Minaj, meanwhile, is rumored to have used plastic surgery in the past.

“Yo @theAffinityMag did it seriously take you an hour to realize it’s “tacky” to mock women who have publicly suffered from anorexia?” wrote Tom Harlock.

Another user seconded: “If this was worded totally opposite you’d be one of the first crying racism. But go off mocking people who suffered eating disorders.”

Following the outrage on social media, the magazine deleted the racist tweet and issued an apology.

It said: “We apologize for this tweet. It was in poor taste and the humor was very tacky.

“Our intent was not to mock people who suffer from eating disorders or drug abuse. It was simply to highlight how differently people age.”

This isn’t the first time the magazine and its founder have been accused of racism.

Founder Evelyn Atieno once called Mexican people “dirty” and remarked that a musician “looks like so Jewish in person” but is like a “rich Arab” on his album’s cover.
    To be fair, the Olsen twins look grotesque in those fotos. I usually don't like the "let's say shit about white people cause we can't be racist towards them" thing, but this is actually hilarious and comedy is always more important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    And a 52 year old white guy who's eaten nothing but raw fruits and vegetables.
    That's a shitty diet though.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-05-07 at 03:27 PM.

Well, there are the Japanese. And lighter skinned people live a bit longer due to socio economics not biology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    To be fair, the Olsen twins look grotesque in those fotos. I usually don't like the "let's say shit about white people cause we can't be racist towards them" thing. but this is actually hilarious and comedy is always more important.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a shitty diet though.
    they do look a bit like aliens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We don't need a thread every time you get yourself triggered by some inane nontroversy. Get some thicker skin, go outside, and get a hobby.

The best part is I doubt we'd even be hearing about this from you if it weren't an opportunity to bitch about racism against white people, as opposed to the fact that it's generally just shitty to make fun of people for their appearance. Keep right on SJWing though.
    But it's not shitty to make fun of people because of their appearances. It's hilarious. That was the best part about it.

Also the irony of you calling him triggered, while at the same time being triggered by this thread. Sweet, sweet irony.