Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh good, now we're on to the "Advocate stripping citizen rights because they're not voting for the person I want" phase.
    Citizen? You mean people who consciously do NOT want to live in France should decide on policy for those who live in France? If they live in America, vote in American elections, not French. Elections is a process to adress issues in a country for those who LIVE THERE..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Only a couple more hours until we see if those wily Russians affected another election with their e-mail hackings.
    Le Pen played the leaks very badly and it blew back up on her. It would be like if Trump called out Clinton on something in the final debate and it get debunked very fast after the debate as false news all information from her corner about such matters is looked at very carefully by voters who didn't decided yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    it sometime more complicate than that, for example american abroad still have to pay income tax in the US, i want to be able to have a say in wtf they do with my money..
    But that's only cuz u own property in the US surely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Citizen? You mean people who consciously do NOT want to live in France should decide on policy for those who live in France? If they live in America, vote in American elections, not French. Elections is a process to adress issues in a country for those who LIVE THERE..
    Hahahahahaha

Yes, immigrants that are on Green Cards, but are still French Citizens, can vote in American elections.
    Holy shit you are ignorant.

Please, keep talking, I enjoy watching people dig their own grave then nosedive into them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Elections do effect you even if you live abroad, check the brexit. Sounds to me you don't want it to happen because the votes don't swing your way. Also the votes from abroad in this situation are just the icing on the cake they aren't going to break or make the situation any different.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I dont think Le Pen will win, but i assume most of her voter base comes from rural communities?
    I expect Trump probably did poorly with Americans voting overseas?
    And Trump did poorly in New York, Chicago and Boston. I am sure he would have done very poorly in Ottawa and Montreal also.

7+ Year Old Account
    But that's only cuz u own property in the US surely?
    No, all american have to...

Melenchon suggested making it same french citizen
    Last edited by Kalador; 2017-05-07 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely that happened in every debate with Trump. Somehow he still won...
    There was no declared war on the media, trying to discredit everything one campaign disliked as "fake news".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It's not at all surprising that Macron is ahead there, I just didn't necessarily expect it to be that one-sided.
    Take this with a grain of salt, as its anecdotal:

A few months ago i accompanied a good friend who originally comes from Scotland to a meeting of expats here in vienna. Of course they're all against Brexit, as their status in this country now is uncertain - a lot of them will apply for citizenship. Now of course, this is something different, but maybe they feel the same way, as in: their existance abroad could be disturbed by Le Pen.

People who live abroad shouldn't get to vote, that's disingenuous since you don't live in the environment that you think should change.
    They are still citizens.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Hahahahahaha

Yes, immigrants that are on Green Cards, but are still French Citizens, can vote in American elections.
    Holy shit you are ignorant.

Please, keep talking, I enjoy watching people dig their own grave then nosedive into them!
    You mean you dug it yourself? You put words in my mouth n then you "counter them" French people who live in US should get US citizenship n then vote. If they want to vote for France, then live in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They are still citizens.
    of a country they don't want to be in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    No, all american have to...

Melenchon suggested making it same french citizen
    That's just leeching then..

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean you dug it yourself? You put words in my mouth n then you "counter them" French people who live in US should get US citizenship n then vote. If they want to vote for France, then live in the country.
    Oh, but I thought you were against immigration?
    Now you're saying that all people who live in a country should get citizenship?

Ya'll right-wingers need to make up your mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, and I know this is crazy, maybe they're voting for what they think is best for France and it has fuck all to do with what's best for them as an individual living abroad.
    Not so crazy, and i'd say true, as of course they think staying in the EU is better for the UK than leaving, not just their own situation. But actually they could get deported - some have families, homes, etc. - i was just arguing that this will surely be a matter for approval ratings above 90.

As much as I would like centrist figure Macron to win. It would be funny to see Le-pen win and then watching experts explain how she won and watch the hysteria unfold. schadenfreude

Deleted
    Oh, but I thought you were against immigration?
    Now you're saying that all people who live in a country should get citizenship?

Ya'll right-wingers need to make up your mind!
    I don't know which right-wingers you refer to, but you use a broad brush

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which right-wingers you refer to, but you use a broad brush
    Bob Ross 2" brush.

Paints some damn good trees if you ask me. Thick, thick trees. The thickest some might say.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

what about people who are only aboard temporally, or who work for a french company sending them aboard, where do you draw the line.... citizenship seems like a good way no...

also your argument really sound like people who are aboard tend to vote against my belief so they should not have a say...

Sometimes of a country they are forced not to be in, due to their job or military service.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    A few months ago i accompanied a good friend who originally comes from Scotland to a meeting of expats here in vienna. Of course they're all against Brexit, as their status in this country now is uncertain - a lot of them will apply for citizenship. Now of course, this is something different, but maybe they feel the same way, as in: their existance abroad could be disturbed by Le Pen.
    Oh, that can definitely be a factor.
    As an Austrian citizen living in Sweden, an increased incertainty regarding the EU would have been an off-putting factor for me about Hofer in the past election as well - since in the worst-case-scenario it could have affected me negatively.

That said: It's probably less of an issue in this case (French election) compared to the Brexit since the consequences of having Le Pen would probably be a lot smaller for the French living in the US compared to Brits living in other EU countries.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooo, can we ship him to Canada to run for PM?
    Na. About 60+ million want him down here. You can have some others however, Hillary and Bill Clinton.