Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which professions more then once per server?

Since very few people like huge walls of text, I'll keep it short and to the point.

Assuming I'll soon have one of each class on a new EU (RP) server, I'm trying to figure out which professions would be the most useful to have more then one of. I'd like to be as self sufficient as possible, while also having some decent potential for making gold. This is what I'm thinking of at the moment:

Death Knight
    Jewelcrafting / Mining

Demon Hunter
    Enchanting / Skinning

Druid
    Enchanting / Herbalism

Hunter
    Leatherworking / Skinning

Mage
    Inscription / Herbalism

Monk
    Enchanting / Mining

Paladin
    Blacksmithing / Mining

Priest
    Alchemy / Herbalism

Rogue
    Engineering / Mining

Shaman
    Alchemy / Herbalism

Warlock
    Enchanting / Tailoring

Warrior
    Blacksmithing / Mining

If anyone has ideas on how to improve the setup I'm always open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for the info!

engineering is really the only crafting profession worth having multiples of in my experience. the loot-a-rang makes it almost mandatory for casters

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    engineering is really the only crafting profession worth having multiples of in my experience. the loot-a-rang makes it almost mandatory for casters
    and collection professions are good for extra gold, too.

Deleted
    I've looked up the loot-a-rang on wowhead, and it certainly looks like a nice bonus. But why would that alone make engineering the only profession worth having more then one of per server?

none of the crafting professions really offer anything good you can't just make on an alt and mail over. Loot-A-Rang requires engineering to use (at least the one that didn't get viciously assaulted with the nerf bat and left for dead)
    it's pretty much a choice between gathering professions or Loot-A-Rang (with a few fun toys for a bonus and saving a bag space on gliders)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelra View Post
    I've looked up the loot-a-rang on wowhead, and it certainly looks like a nice bonus. But why would that alone make engineering the only profession worth having more then one of per server?
    Ability to drop Jeeves, Mailbox, have a 3 minute cooldown glider on your cloak. Engineering is worth it for any toon you want nice bonuses on.

Deleted
    @rayvio and @Rixis :

Very good points indeed about engineering!

Just out of curiosity though, is there any decent gold to be made with engineering?

easy gold is to make and sell parachutes. it's not a huge profit but it quickly adds up. as more players unlock flying though, the demand will certainly decrease

Yup, engineering seems to be only profession. WOD was good more than one for work orders..but now
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Have your harvesting professions on one toon only though, so you can mine and collect flowers at the same time, then send them to your other guys

I kinda like that anyway, less need to min-max alts proffesions. Some might enjoyed say having 5-10 transmutes alts in the past...but lol, so much shitty gameplay and clunky stuff.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Alchemy transmutes. Can only be once per day per toon. If you have 10 toons on a server with alchemy, you can do fish to gems 10x per day and probably pay for your sub right there from selling the blue gems you make. Another good xmute is skins to ore.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-05-13 at 12:11 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    every toon i dont actively play too much has tailoring and sometimes alchmey. tailors earn me about 1.5-2k gold each day through hexweave bags. you need to setup your garrisons though - which you should anyways for the christmas gold rush

Deleted
    Engineering x 2 (Goblin and Gnomish) so you can craft both the MoP flying mounts.
    Alchemy x 2, You want a transmute master to make truegold/living steel for panther mounts, engineering mounts and Vial of the Sands. And flask mastery to make the flasks for Vial of the Sands

Anything else is unnecessary.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5491cf3e; 2017-05-28 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Engineers... I have like 6 Engineers

I highly suggest only having 1 miner/skinner/herbalist, and making your druid the miner/herbalist, and maybe the hunter the skinner, just because of the ease in which they can mass pull.

Or your druid for herb/miner, and your most geared character for skinning.

Then have 2 engineers, for goblin/gnomish engineering, and fill in all your spare slots with alchemy and rake in the transmutation gold! Make mounts, sky golems etc. Sell them for a bunch of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelra View Post
    @rayvio and @Rixis :

Very good points indeed about engineering!

Just out of curiosity though, is there any decent gold to be made with engineering?

you can obv make sky golems but something everybody seems to gloss over is the 805 ilvl engineering relics. these things sell between 5-10k for me regularly and the mats cost like 1500g to craft them. not to mention auto-hammers and failure detection pylons. the tooltip is sort of misleading but the pylons can be used like the goblin jumper cables, but it's a guaranteed res. also i cant believe nobody has mentioned the gnomish gravity well. that thing is fucking invaluable.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2017-05-28 at 08:35 PM.

I have, because at one time it made sense, not sure if it still does:

3 different alchemists (one for each specialty)
    2 different engineers (gnomish, and goblin)

Then 1 of each other profession.

Then, once I had those filled out, every other character had gathering professions to make leveling easier and more profitable, because I really only played them when I leveled to the new max level of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting - Why do you have 4x enchanting? Just one is enough.

Engineers - 2x. Engineering is divided into Goblin and Gnome engineering, and both of them can craft specific items that can sell for alot (Generally pets/mounts)

Leatherworking, Blacksmithing - 1x. There are no real daily CDs that don't produce BoP items. So only 1 is what you need.

Now, with that said..

Alchemy - Old Alchemy products can be in demand, and most alchemy CDs tend to produce non-soulbound items. Plus you can get an elixer master, potion master, and then many transmute masters. Plus 2x flask duration, whats not to like?

Inscription - Generally only viable at the start of each expansion, but being able to make multiple Darkmoon Faire decks tends to be a huge money maker. But again - Thats generally ONLY at the start of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Inscription - Generally only viable at the start of each expansion, but being able to make multiple Darkmoon Faire decks tends to be a huge money maker. But again - Thats generally ONLY at the start of the expansion.
    spot on about it being just at the start of an xpac, but easily one of the biggest money makers you can find in the first few weeks, especially if you're on a popular raiding server.