Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about?
    Not hard to suss out, I leveled to 110 and completed the class campaign for the 3rd relic slot without having completed any zones story line quest.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Some people have been doing that since vanilla. Although, replace dalaran with your faction's capitol city. Surprisingly enough, different people play the game differently. Shocking, I know. -_-
    Well, if different people play the game differently, then the person I quoted shouldn't pass off their problems with world content as THE problems with world content. Also, I'd contend that world content is a necessary part of a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Not hard to suss out, I leveled to 110 and completed the class campaign for the 3rd relic slot without having completed any zones story line quest.
    That's not what you said, though, you said you completed the campaign without doing one quest, which is impossible.

Also, completing the campaign requires you to complete the majority of the quest chains in each zone, less maybe 1 or two.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Well, if different people play the game differently, then the person I quoted shouldn't pass off their problems with world content as THE problems with world content. Also, I'd contend that world content is a necessary part of a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what you said, though, you said you completed the campaign without doing one quest, which is impossible.

Also, completing the campaign requires you to complete the majority of the quest chains in each zone, less maybe 1 or two.
    No it isnt, Legion Assaults.

Got my third relic slot on my Shaman done after hitting 110 via Legion Assaults.

Because the slog that is getting exalted with Suramar was soul crushing and then the fiasco about 7.2 made a lot of people just refuse to do it. Now most sit in Dal and afk until a que pops up.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This is pretty much it for me. Suramar never ended. It was better just to quit the game.
    I made it all the way through Balance of Power and I literally do not understand why, after all that bullshit, and the phasing tech that has existed since LK, I can't move through Suramar city freely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do you think that is?
    Nobody gave a fuck about flying but only mmo cry babies

That's actually not true for the class hall campaign. There are certain quests that will send you to a zone in particular, and you have to do certain dungeons but there's nothing locked behind rep or story progression for that.

There are however other "campaigns" that do require you do complete a lot of quest chains in each zone. The Balance of Power quest line requires you to to have done the Blue Dragonflight portion to even start it, then requires you to be honored with Court of Farondis, revered with Nightfallen and revered with Valarjar. The Light's Heart quest line requires you to have done the main part of Val'sharah. There is another quest that you only obtain once you've recovered all of the pillars of creation, but I'm not sure if it's tied to the Balance of Power quest line or not as I've only ever done it on my main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I am the only one who did not struggle in Suramar? Except 1 or 2 WQ elitè (absolutely non mandatory)? I mean, reading this forum it seems like Suramar is the worst thing ever happened to humanity..... And cmon, it's so hard to dodge 2 stupid mobs with an eye on them? Well, it is if you actally don't care about the game and alt-tab every 2 second... but i have no pity for this kind of gamer.
    Wow you certainly showed all those straw people what's what

Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Because not everyone is willing to do inane busy work in a video game. If we wanted to be at fucking work, we'd be at fucking work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since 7.2 hit, exams have been a thing for a lot of people, so that might influence the rate they're getting Legionfall rep. Additionally, Suramar is a bit of a chokepoint since it takes some getting used to if you're a fresh 110 to avoid mob paths, learn where baskets are, or time your platforming for roof-running.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

People just hate questing and doing suramar is an achievement in itself that quest line just seems to last forever plus you gotta find all the hidden quest givers and what not.

Suramar is the worst, until you can fly. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    Actually, I just looked at the numbers on the front page, and I have a more pressing question... who are the 1.9% of players who have revered with legionfall, but haven't explored all of the broken shore?
    People who don't care about the Explorer achievement? There's a few places like the Hunter's Lodge that you pretty much never visit (unless you're a hunter,) and when I went to get my Explorer there were a few bits of Stormheim that I'd never visited whilst questing.

Because a fuckton of people quit before they met the requirements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Since 7.2 hit, exams have been a thing for a lot of people
    I highly doubt it, people claiming that most likely lied to you through their teeth and the real reason is they can't be bothered to grind.

I know so many guildies in my 3/10 M guild that didn't know about pathfinder part 1 being necessary for flying, so if nobody mentioned it we can add "very stupid" to the list of reasons.

Other than that it's prob just lazy people who didn't do the quests for part 1 or are too lazy to grind the reps.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    To be fair, in terms of time consumption, I think the process of getting a guild that didn't get stuck at 5/6 and 3/4 in T5 was a bigger hurdle than Pathfinder Part 2 (for the average joe) XD
    I had a fairly casual raid group in TBC, so whilst there was a core of us who probably had enough gear and knew the fights well enough to get them done usually there were some members who left for a guild who were making more headway, so we'd recruit some replacements but by the time we'd got them some gear and experience there were some members who left for a guild who were making more headway, so we'd recruit some replacements...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I did the content...to an extent. I just didn't do every single questing story in every zone, so I didn't get Loremaster (though I got it for almost all of the zones). I also didn't get Explorer, either, since I missed the upper-left corner of Azuna and haven't been back.

I like the quests, I enjoy world quests, raiding, dungeons, etc, but I don't care about flying so rather than stretch a little longer to make sure I did every quest and explored every zone I stopped when I was ready to do something else.
    If you could get flight for 1000g as soon as you hit lvl 110 would you use it or stick with your ground mounts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But lets be clear: Blizzard didn't attempt to remove flying because people didn't care about it. They did it because it supposedly would allow them to deliver a better open world experience. Where is this better open world they spoke of? All I saw when I played was just more of the same "Kill X", "Collect X", and "Click X" quests, but with even more annoying terrain and dazing mobs than any previous expansion. Do you have any idea how many people I've seen who expressed RELIEF at not having to deal with Legion's terrible terrain after getting flight?
    The terrain and mobs that you consider "annoying" I saw as hazards and obstacles to be dealt with as part of the gameplay experience. I like the variety of spending some time plotting a route, some time dodging non-quest mobs and some time completing objectives as opposed to just completing the objectives. Like you say, WoW's questing is usually some combination of kill/collect/use so it's nice if they aren't the only thing you're doing.

Then you'd be wrong. DDO is an MMO(albeit one past its prime), and yet is almost entirely instanced content. Other games have a similar setup, such as Neverwinter. Open world content is a common theme in MMORPGs, but not a necessity.

WoW is at its best inside instanced content. Raids and Dungeons have always been the "end-game" of WoW outside of a few reputation grinds and gathering mats. If that's all a person wants to do, I don't think they are completely in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Don't have the capacity to update characters daily, API access is rate limited, the current code/hardware/bandwidth used on my end may not support updating so many either. We could look at their recent activity, but that isn't really an accurate indicator of actually playing either.
    Man, you gotta update that netbook

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you could get flight for 1000g as soon as you hit lvl 110 would you use it or stick with your ground mounts?
    Stick with my ground mounts. Most of my alts can't fly at high speed and I still have yet to bother purchasing the 100k yak mount despite having 500k laying around.