Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    personally, if we have done all of the zone achievements we should get flying. there's no reason to gate it any further than that. they want us to explore all the content, well, ground mounts don't allow you to explore much very easily. so, all the explore achievements, all the zone quest achievements, and bam flying. my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Or people that think Suramar sucks so fing hard they cba with it.
    I would say generally speaking, that is quite unlikely. Or more specifically, would not explain 40% not having done it or anywhere close. It's still only slightly different quest content. But still quests.

If I had to guess, it has more to do with people not being guided towards it. There's no box reward like there is with emissaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    I suspect because most people quit that wanted it or cba jumping unnecessary hoops for it...

Deleted
    I don't have it because i only play PvP & cba with doing pve-stuff

I'm not saying that there's not a single person who avoids Suramar like the plague, just that I highly doubt it would be a statistically noticeable amount.

Most single player games are going to have levels which people strongly don't like but do them anyways because the rest of the game is great. That's how I think Suramar is, it's just people are ignoring the quest part of it for whatever reason. And for some I'd blame Blizzard just because the side quests were so incredibly hidden. (Though are not anymore)
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I know that a friend of mine gave up on pathfinder 1 after doing a bit of Suramar story and realizing how frustrating it is. the chart doesn't show it, but I would imagine Suramar campaign being a pretty damn annoying roadblock right there. hell.. I myself almost quit over Suramar city section of the quests - as much as the story was interesting - the mechanic of the quests.... not so much. especially when they spring a few group quests that are part of one time per character campaign on you closer to the end. once you give up on that its pretty easy to still do some world quests and yet not get full explorer or full diplomat. and don't even get me started on the ridiculousness that is Broken Shore map without flying. oh its slightly less ridiculous now that they added grapple points, but its still pretty awfully designed piece of terrain.

and as someone also mentioned - people who might not even be a max level yet, pvpers etc would skew that ratio of completion as well. the fact that nearly 50% of the population DID finish both parts despite all the annoyances of it - shows that a LOT people DO in fact value flying enough to make an effort to jump through every annoying hoop that Blizzard throws at them

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is nice. Everyone I know whom care about flying, got flying in WoD and in Legion.

"Grind" is debatable, more like "effort" and that effort is not worthy of being called a grind.
    I just played the game and got it. *shrug*. Not a ton of effort and got it within the first two weeks. This all with a full time job and part time college at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Lets not forget that there's alot of people who dislike flying aswell and refuse to either A) unlock it or B) use it.
    It's easy to say that but part 1 especially you get just by doing your emissaries basically. Doesn't require extra effort like WoD's did.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. I don't have either because I just don't give a fuck about flying. I still do emissary quests, raid with my guild (we got heroic Gul'dan down last night, whoo) work on alts. Just flying has never been something I've cared about. Different strokes for different folks, which is what Blizzard is so good at: catering to a wide base.
    Indedd, though it really should be made more fair.
    The players that want flying should have it from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    It's easy to say that but part 1 especially you get just by doing your emissaries basically. Doesn't require extra effort like WoD's did.
    no it doesn't. you might still miss some nooks and crannies for explorer, but more importantly you might miss finishing good suramaritan that way. they need to show statistics for how many people haven't finished THAT mess. and I don't mean storywise, I mean mechanics of those quests, the layout of the city map itself, the fact that you have to deliberately LOOK for quests in order to finish it. (and that whole, oh btw, the last portion of the quests? is basically group quests)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I just played the game and got it. *shrug*. Not a ton of effort and got it within the first two weeks. This all with a full time job and part time college at the same time.
    This. I just...played. I am now flying. I love flying, so it was something I wanted - however, I certainly did not go out of my way to get it. It was pretty organic in that I followed the flow of the game when I logged on.

A thought experiment:

Many Pro-Fliers gone cause waiting is too long and too many hoops.
    Whats left? Mostly Anti-Fliers...

"50% have PF2 look how they dont really want flying".....in a enviroment in favor of no fly.....

So, this is of course highly anecdotal and biased on forum posts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do you think that is?
    Given that I have seen login queues a few times in the last few weeks, I think that a lot of people have come back for a month to check out the new patch and I suspect these people make up a significant portion of the 40% and 50% who lack pathfinder I and II respectively.

I reckon that if you were to look at the number of people online at any given point in time, the completion rates on these achievements is a lot higher. In other words, the people who spend the most time playing mostly have it, while the people who don't spend lot of time playing largely don't have it. This shouldn't really be surprising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    A thought experiment:

Many Pro-Fliers gone cause waiting is too long and too many hoops.
    Whats left? Mostly Anti-Fliers...

"50% have PF2 look how they dont really want flying".....in a enviroment in favor of no fly.....

So, this is of course highly anecdotal and biased on forum posts.
    Well at least you accept that it's anecdotal and biased on forum posts. I think people forget that there's a sizeable portion of the playerbase that simply don't mind/care and do the content because it's something to do.

Flying/no flying is definately not a binary stance it's more of a spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Well at least you accept that it's anecdotal and biased on forum posts. I think people forget that there's a sizeable portion of the playerbase that simply don't mind/care and do the content because it's something to do.

Flying/no flying is definately not a binary stance it's more of a spectrum.
    Of course i accept it thats why its a thought experiment, the post under mine had another really good one.

Could be true, could be false.

I dont have the data, and i daresay on this forum nobody has.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people don't find the game enjoyable enough to grind their face off doing all the pathfinder rubbish, they just want to log on raid log off. Even if you give them a way to make the game significantly more enjoyable, if you gate it behind lots of horrible stuff then many simply won't make the effort.

This is somewhat of a unique chicken and egg situation, flying makes Legion a much better expansion, like night and day better. But the process to unlock it is so boring/tedious/grindy that it puts many off and without flying people will lose interest in the game faster.

Blizzard really failed hard here (in fairness they made the same mistake in WoD).

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up getting part 1 and 2 without much effort. The hardest part was just the nightfallen campaign, which was more slow than anything else.
    Getting flying just requires time.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Deleted
    I think people are looking at this the wrong way...

Even anti-flyers should get pathfinder part 1, let's look at the requirements:

Explore the 5 Legion questing zones ( Broken Isles Explorer)
    Complete all major storylines in the Broken Isles ( Loremaster of Legion)
    Complete 100 different World Quests ( Variety is the Spice of Life)
    Complete your Class Order Campaign ( A Glorious Campaign)
    Earn Revered with the 6 Broken Isles factions ( Broken Isles Diplomat)

If you're playing the game you should unlock all this by 7.2 by default. So something is wrong if people are not doing this

Really weird because you don't really have to "try" for any of the achievements for pf1 or 2. You kinda just get them naturally just from playing the game. I took a couple month long break after Legion was released and I still got my flying two weeks after I resubbed.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm not saying that there's not a single person who avoids Suramar like the plague, just that I highly doubt it would be a statistically noticeable amount.
    I actually know a scary amount of players who killed heroic Gul'dan before getting revered with Nightfallen, because there was no real reason to do the latter before 7.2 (well apart from accessing a couple of extra dungeons that drop junk).