10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up AFK - Alt Leveling, Clever Way to Level Alts

So as I was leveling an alt during legion invasions today, i realized that you still get exp from people entering and leaving the groups through World Quest Group Finder addon.

Essentially you can leech the quest by having other players do the work (when i do the invasion WQs i always help), but you can also leech exp from the kills.

So knowing this, I went on a max level char with world quests activated to look for any bloodgazer bird quests that were up. I found one in Azshara.

So what i did was i got on my level 103 alt, created a group for the exact world quest name: Bloodgazer Swarm! and set auto invite.

People obviously came along to do the quest, joined my group and proceeded to kill raptors at an alarming rate. I was getting 500-1k exp per bird kill.

I left to the store for 20 minutes and i came back and I was level 104 and on my way to 105. I had to of course move my character so it wouldnt afk log out, but basically I can just sit high in the air, watch movies and do other stuff that I need to do at home and still level my character. And most importantly, its legal, and its not botting.

What other clever ways have you found to level alts?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-05-22 at 02:31 AM.

Doing the quests in the zone. Best way to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Doing the quests in the zone. Best way to level.
    I agree thats the fastest way to straight level a character in general. But if you want to level a character, especially an alt character afk, you can do it the way I described.

I just happened upon this method and thought I would share it with others.

Honesty pretty clever use of the system, not really hurting anyone (4/5 for a bloodgazer quest plenty.)

10+ Year Old Account
    While it doesn't consume time, you will not have any gear, AP, resources, ect from lvling this way. Granted, none of those really matter if you have a progressed main, since you can pretty much get the 10% health/damage trait within an hour of hitting 110, bloods traded for resources from your main, full set of 850s from broken shore, and even 875 crafted gear if you got the gold/mats.

If it catches on though, Blizz might just go ahead and finally make it to where you get 0 XP from mobs that are red lvl to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While it doesn't consume time, you will not have any gear, AP, resources, ect from lvling this way. Granted, none of those really matter if you have a progressed main, since you can pretty much get the 10% health/damage trait within an hour of hitting 110, bloods traded for resources from your main, full set of 850s from broken shore, and even 875 crafted gear if you got the gold/mats.

If it catches on though, Blizz might just go ahead and finally make it to where you get 0 XP from mobs that are red lvl to you.
    I dont think they will give you 0 xp from mobs that are red. The most they would do is figure out some way where you had to participate or hit the mob at least once before getting credit.

This is not a clever way to level. This is simply being a prick and puting other players to boost you without them being aware of the situation. I really wish Blizzard willl make this bannable offense. YOU would definitelly deserve that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslenka View Post
    This is not a clever way to level. This is simply being a prick and puting other players to boost you without them being aware of the situation. I really wish Blizzard willl make this bannable offense. YOU would definitelly deserve that.
    This thread is designed to be polarizing and cause outrage, so what you did just there is feeding the flames. But how knows, maybe you're just one of the OPs other accounts, popping in to polarize even more when he doesn't get the kicks he's looking for from the normal posters. *shrug*

As to the topic, who cares really. Leveling alts doesn't take long, no matter how you do it. Completely irrelevant subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't make threads that are designed to upset people.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |