Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Interesting times we live in. /popcorn
    Its curious people seem to think this is the first time something like this happened. Bill Clinton did the exact same thing except the media didn't have a collective stroke over it because he is a Democrat.....

Ookkkay,

Now I do not have any real knowledge on US Employment laws; but if the reason for the firing turns out to be something along the lines of "I dont like him, I dont have any reasons at all, and he wouldnt be a Yes man" then couldnt that fall under Unlawful Dismissal.

Even though from what I am seeing from previous posts Trump has the Authority to fire Comey at any time, dont you still need to have enough of a reason to rather than just hurt feelings.

I am not trying to troll or trigger anyone, just curious.

Yes, Trump admitted he fired Comey because of the investigation. Huckabee did as well. He needs to be impeached. The president admitted on national TV that he fired the FBI director top stop an investigation into himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Mass hysteria?

What Trump did was unprecedented. Not even Nixon had the balls to fire Hoover, because he understood that firing the director of an independent bureau in order to stamp out an investigation would be a disaster. Hell, he waited until Hoover died to try and control the FBI and that backfired to an astounding degree.

Here's why this is a big deal. Because Trump has all but admitted in reason #3 (or 4?) that he wanted this investigation gone. Using executive power to try and stamp out an investigation by an independent group into his own campaign is what an autocrat would do. Attacking the media for not running with his version of events is what an autocrat does. Trump is an autocrat who is frustrated by his inability to control the narratives around him, and these actions are an embarrassment to the office.
    Hilariously incorrect. Please learn some history before talking.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Don't forget Bill CLinton did this as well.

No he never fired an FBI director investigating a crime done by a sitting president, he removed the FBI director that was using taxpayer money for personal gains like using the jet for personal family trips etc etc big difference so dont try to muddy the waters claiming bill did it as well since he clearly didnt fire any director investigating a CRIME done by a sitting president

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Its curious people seem to think this is the first time something like this happened. Bill Clinton did the exact same thing except the media didn't have a collective stroke over it because he is a Democrat.....
    As has been pointed out about a dozen times now the circumstances under which clinton fired sessions are much different. William Sessions was corrupt as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    As has been pointed out about a dozen times now the circumstances under which clinton fired sessioms are much different. William Sessions was corrupt as fuck
    Right.. and he just so happened to get fired as he was starting to investigate the Clintons for corruption... yeah...TOTALLY different... /eyeroll.

"It's like I don't bother to read ANY prior pages of this topic and then make exactly the same idiotic and incorrect statement that's been proven wrong by multiple people."

Hilariously incorrect. Please learn some history before talking.
    The closest precedent was Cox's firing, but Cox was not the head of the FBI. Nixon knew that firing an FBI director to stamp out an investigation would be a shitstorm.

And look here, a shitstorm is what it immediately became.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about Clinton firing Sessions? Ha. It shouldn't even need explaining why this is better compared to Hoover and not Sessions.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-05-12 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    @Berengil
    This is actually the risk, the long term Chinese plan. And the Russian plan too.

Pre-World War I, America was rich, large, but weird country across the ocean. Geographically isolated. A little crazy. Pretty much kept to itself. It was the weird, rich second cousin that nobody talked much about. The World was centered on Europe, and run by Europe. Trade too.

Post World War I, America took a step to take a global role commensurate with it's power by the metrics, but as we all know, that faltered until after World War II.

This map puts it in perspective.

From this perspective, it is actually completely absurd America runs the world to the extent it does. It's this modestly-sized content spanning power - rich and large, but modest - on the otherside of the planet from most of the human race.

So to a degree, the Chinese perspective, and to a lesser degree the Russian perspective - "we" (being the Russians/Chinese) live in Eurasia, where the majority of the human race lives, and so we should decide HOW they live - is the correct one. We're the distant outsiders.

Chinese and Russian policy must be seen through that lens... to reverse the historical aberration as they put it, for the center of the world to be in New York City, in the new world which has a fraction of the total of the human race, and not on the Eurasian mainland where they rule.

If they get their way, the US will be, at best, New Zealand. But it will be a bigger New Zealand in a world run by authoritarian regimes, not a New Zealand in a world run by America. And we will be poor too. If the New Silk Road takes route and trade across Eurasia bypasses the US, the livelihood of every American will be affected.

This is the fight of the 21st century. In the mid-22nd, American school children will know if we succeeded or failed in stopping the plot to put America back in its box as the weird democracy on the other side of the planet.
    If the threat becomes existential to that degree, won't there be WW3 (US and allied democracies vs China and whatever east Asia puppets they have at the time) to burn the tyrant regimes down? As I said earlier ITT, if Americans' sense of comfort and security is threatened, we do world-shaking things.

And obviously if they ever go full stupid and come for North America, nukes fly and the whole world goes full Road Warrior.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-05-12 at 12:47 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The reason he couldn't comment on seeing any evidence had fuck all to do with his ignorance of the fbi investigation and everything to do with being unable to reveal classified info. As per his own words. Not sure why you think the fbi investigation is the only source of evidence...
    They're the ones conducting an investigation into whether or not there was collusion. Are they the only source? Maybe? Yes? No? They're the ones who are currently actively seeking that very knowledge.

You can't have both sides of the argument. Clapper stated that he never saw any evidence of collusion. He then later clarified that to state that he wasn't aware of the very investigation that may show that collusion happened. That's the thing about these guys. They're smarter than you. They know exactly what they're doing when they make public statements.

So which would you prefer? Clapper knew of evidence existing, but declared he didn't anyway? Or that Clapper was kept out of the investigation as per the mechanism he kept in place and made that very statement because that exact mechanism allowed him to say it honestly?

You don't get both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet Red Sword View Post
    "It's like I don't bother to read ANY prior pages of this topic and then make exactly the same idiotic and incorrect statement that's been proven wrong by multiple people."
    Except it's not. You are just grasping for anything to smear Trump with while pretending your precious Democrats would never do anything like that. Which is a pile of fucking horseshit. Shove your head up your ass all you want, pretend their isn't a ridiculous media bias, enjoy watching Trump laugh his way to two terms because people refuse to acknowledge reality and want to live in sunshine land where their party is occupied solely by flawless saints.

Right.. and he just so happened to get fired as he was starting to investigate the Clintons for corruption... yeah...TOTALLY different... /eyeroll.
    Except William Sessions was fired before the Clinton investigations started but good job repeating conservative talking points without looking up the timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sessions wasnt investigating clinton. In fact the guy clinton installed a guy named freech began the investigation into white water. Sessions was fired.relatively early in the clinton presidency.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mey-russia-fbi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    China would love to do to Latin America what America did to China in Asia-Pacific.
    That should be considered an act of war, and punished with the full power of the US military if it happens. North America is sacrosanct. No compromises there, ever.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

And Sessions was fired because Sessions himself was under investigation and his ethics were in question.

It had fuck all to do with an investigation into Clinton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Except William Sessions was fired before the Clinton investigations started but good job repeating conservative talking points without looking up the timeline.
    Sessions was a scum bag appointed by ronnie reagan. Their was a ethics report that was released on literally the last day of the bush senior presidency. It detailed multiple frauds and serious violations of ethical standars. Sessions had no claws in clinton though. The next dude did but clinton didnt and wouldnt fire him precisely because of the situatiom that were in now.

Except it's not. You are just grasping for anything to smear Trump with while pretending your precious Democrats would never do anything like that. Which is a pile of fucking horseshit. Shove your head up your ass all you want, pretend their isn't a ridiculous media bias, enjoy watching Trump laugh his way to two terms because people refuse to acknowledge reality and want to live in sunshine land where their party is occupied solely by flawless saints.
    Heh. My precious democrats? It's funny how if you actually try to point out the flaws in the Trump administration or what some of the GOP have been doing lately, you're automatically a liberal or democrat. Sorry to disappoint, but I've been a republican since I could vote. And the only reason Trump'd laugh because of this is because he mentally breaks down due to the stress. Even if he survives this, I doubt Trump would want to run again. He's already on record about how hard it is compared to the old life. If there turns out to be nothing tying him personally to the incident, my money is on him going back to his old life after his run is over. Nice and easy, just like the Don likes it.

Trump gets fired, trump doesn't get fired.

Either way I win by getting all this enjoyment out of political zealots doing what political zealots do.

/popcorn
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-05-15 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Here's the thing: A lot of people on Trump's side, Kekistan if you will, wanted Comey gone from day one. So for them they're very happy to get what they wanted.

I disagreed then, I disagreed with the public attacks on Comey from both sides and I disagree with the firing.
    The hardcore Trumpists who think Hilary's emails are the proof that she was the spawn of Satan himself? Sure, some, perhaps most of them wanted him fired because he didn't recommend charges against her. But I'm talking about the lambda Trump voter who doesn't really care about any of that and voted for him because 1) he's Republican and 2) his promises, such as bringing back jobs and being tougher on immigration. Those who don't dwell on 4chan/The Donald and don't follow the daily rabble-rousing that comes out of Washington from both parties, which comprise the majority of Trump's voters. I'm wondering what message will go through to these people, since they're the ones that can make Trump lose in 2018/2020.

As of now I don't think it will significantly change anything, but if the scandal deepens, if FBI or affiliated interests start leaking more stuff and/or if the evidence of questionable ethics or ties with Russia mounts, this might be the firing that spawns a monster Trump will have a hard time containing. Because he probably just put himself on the shit list of a good number of people who could hurt him.

But for myself, it's really hard not to see an underlying/hidden motive behind firing Comey out of the blue right now. The stated reasoning that he ''wasn't doing a good job'' is obviously bullshit, Trump wouldn't care about that in the slightest if Comey was loyal to him.