Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    OH god I thought the same person.
    I can't imagine who else they would have been talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so my question is if this was anyone but trump and they got 2 reccomendation to fire the fbi director like trump did, would this even be a story?
    The reason it's a story (and it's ridiculous that you honestly think it's not) is because of the timing. And the content of the letter Trump sent Comey when he fired him. Trump's letter - NOT the Deputy AG's letter.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The reason it's a story (and it's ridiculous that you honestly think it's not) is because of the timing. And the content of the letter Trump sent Comey when he fired him. Trump's letter - NOT the Deputy AG's letter.
    And the fact that apparently sessions was charged last week with coming up with an excuse to fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Even better is the notion that Sessions, who recused himself from these investigations, made this recommendation.

So at this point, here's a rather consolidated listing of what we're dealing with here. We're under the leadership of an individual:

-that has no prior political or governance experience
    -who was elected without a majority populous vote
    -who actively engages in nepotism, promoting equally inexperienced family members to various advisory roles
    -whose children, family members, and various staff had all had, and still have, proven business / political connections Russia (a country who has unquestionably attempted to tamper with elections here and elsewhere)
    -who has family members who leverage his name to promote business deals in exchange for fast tracked visas
    -who has backpedaled on numerous key campaign promises
    -who wastes taxpayer dollars on trips at a record pace for any president (to properties he still owns and profits from)
    -who makes wild, completely baseless accusations on social media while presenting zero evidence to back up said claims
    -who is proven to be unaware of basic workings of the various branches of gov't, and national history

and last, but certainly not least

-who has fired the head of the agency who is currently investigating his campaign for above mentioned connections.

At what point did any of this become favorable, or even acceptable to anyone? At what point do you believe it to be completely rational that this individual is making decisions on your behalf?
    It requires a level of self reflection and brutal realization that Trump supporters just aren't capable of, nor courageous enough, to engage in. This is the shit that happens when you enable a narcissistic man-child and elect him to the office of the presidency. The lie that fence-sitters who broke for Trump told themselves that "checks and balances exist so everything will be ok", is being laid bare before them on a daily basis.

You're relying on cowards to admit fault in themselves, and that's not going to happen.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    And the fact that apparently sessions was charged last week with coming up with an excuse to fire him.
    Jesus, I hadn't heard that. I know I started this thread, but I've been "off the grid" essentially for the past four hours.

So far the letter Trump wrote is the biggest indicator I'd heard that there was obvious lies in Comey's firing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    It requires a level of self reflection and brutal realization that Trump supporters just aren't capable of, nor courageous enough, to engage in. This is the shit that happens when you enable a narcissistic man-child and elect him to the office of the presidency. The lie that fence-sitters who broke for Trump told themselves that "checks and balances exist so everything will be ok", is being laid bare before them on a daily basis.

You're relying on cowards to admit fault in themselves, and that's not going to happen.
    One of the best summations of Trumpers I've seen in awhile. Well put.

(and I agree, they will never have the moral courage to admit they were wrong)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/st...336832/photo/1

"It is more imperative than ever that an independent prosecutor be appointed to restore a modicum of public confidence -- now completely lacking -- that the criminal investigation will continue without further interference by the White House."

Criminal investigation eh?
    Yes, what else do you think the FBI does? Comey was in charge of the criminal investigation of Trump and the Russian collusion/interference of the election. And apparently he was fired for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpuk View Post
    Trump may meet top Russian diplomat in White House tomorrow...
    "Comrade, where are lifted sanctions?"
    "No, you see, I can't do that. Everyone thinks I'm working with you for some reason."
    *knock knock*
    "Mr. Trump? Your 1:00 is -- "
    "Nyet, he is busy."
    "Okay."
    "So the deal is, everyone's talking about how we worked together. So I need a distraction."
    "Have you tried running country?"
    "Yes, but who knew it could be so complicated?"
    "Everyone, comrade. Everyone."
    "So I think I need to attack another country. Syria?"
    "No."
    "Iran?"
    "No."
    "North Korea?"
    "No."
    "Agrabah?"
    "Is not real country."
    "Venezuela?"
    "Let me check schedule. Will get back to you."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Damn, I'm hoping for a good @Skroe rant on this
    Yeah, that's disappointing he was banned. Hopefully he had fun in the doing.

(was it for something in this thread?)

Another aspect beautifully pointed out by TYT is that Comey was fired WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT!! This means they wanted him out right now, and couldn't wait. Their excuse for his firing does not warrant not waiting until they had a replacement ready.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, that's disappointing he was banned. Hopefully he had fun in the doing.

(was it for something in this thread?)
    The meme thread about bombing kekistan I think.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    We lost some good men in the ongoing meme war

@Skroe will never be forgotten
    Banned isn't gone for good - banned is (hopefully) just the 3-day version from an infraction.

I'm honestly surprised he wasn't fired day one.

Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...s-ties-n757106

Wait, what? Does the White House Counsel not exist for this type of stuff? And what exactly does sending a "certified letter" to Lindsey Graham supposed to do anyways?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    That would have been an entirely different story. Do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Comrade, where are lifted sanctions?"
    "No, you see, I can't do that. Everyone thinks I'm working with you for some reason."
    *knock knock*
    "Mr. Trump? Your 1:00 is -- "
    "Nyet, he is busy."
    "Okay."
    "So the deal is, everyone's talking about how we worked together. So I need a distraction."
    "Have you tried running country?"
    "Yes, but who knew it could be so complicated?"
    "Everyone, comrade. Everyone."
    "So I think I need to attack another country. Syria?"
    "No."
    "Iran?"
    "No."
    "North Korea?"
    "No."
    "Agrabah?"
    "Is not real country."
    "Venezuela?"
    "Let me check schedule. Will get back to you."
    Hah! Well scripted! =D. I could picture their voices perfectly! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Trump was in love with him for slamming Hillary's numbers down at a critical junction without proper authorization or reason to warrant such "disclosures".

Now he's pretty well pissed at the fact that he's investigating him so he's gotta go because he did HER EMAILS!!!!!!!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...s-ties-n757106

Wait, what? Does the White House Counsel not exist for this type of stuff? And what exactly does sending a "certified letter" to Lindsey Graham supposed to do anyways?
    Did you see the Firing Letter Trump sent Comey - Trump is beyond idiocy and has almost zero clue how to actually lead.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Haven't read anything in this thread beyond first page, but if I was to guess its turned into a giant conspiracy thread.
    Not really. There's an official timeline being pieced together tonight based on when the information was put into the media, when it was known by the media pending a report, and the actions taken by the Trump camp.

Basically, claims being made that the DoJ was ordered to come up with a reason to fire Comey because of the impending grand jury situation that Comey was taking part in, then this morning there was reports that media outlets had that a grand jury is officially issuing subpoenas, news also makes it to Trump, Trump fires Comey at recommendation of Sessions, everyone goes ballistic, even people on the R side of the aisle.

It's not conspiracy when it's a clear possible cover up that even people at Fox are calling it out to be. There's also no replacement lined up and the way the firing was handled was public humiliation for someone in that high of a position. It was Trump sending a shot across the bow but it may well backfire. See what happened to Nixon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I guess I just find it funny so many liberals are so excited for a Pence presidency. Trump may be the most progressive/liberal candidate the Republican party has ever nominated, and you guys are pushing for Pence.

Personally I would love to see a Pence presidency, just surprised so many liberals share that view.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Another aspect beautifully pointed out by TYT is that Comey was fired WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT!! This means they wanted him out right now, and couldn't wait. Their excuse for his firing does not warrant not waiting until they had a replacement ready.
    The letter was also dated today. They wanted him gone so they worked backwards and created a paper trail in a pathetic attempt at legitimizing a stupid choice.

This is certifiable nutjob shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Not really. There's an official timeline being pieced together tonight based on when the information was put into the media, when it was known by the media pending a report, and the actions taken by the Trump camp.

Basically, claims being made that the DoJ was ordered to come up with a reason to fire Comey because of the impending grand jury situation that Comey was taking part in, then this morning there was reports that media outlets had that a grand jury is officially issuing subpoenas, news also makes it to Trump, Trump fires Comey at recommendation of Sessions, everyone goes ballistic, even people on the R side of the aisle.

It's not conspiracy when it's a clear possible cover up that even people at Fox are calling it out to be.
    Covering up what? I keep hearing people saying that Trump is firing people to keep them quiet. Not sure how that makes any sense. Firing people typically loosens their tongue if anything.