Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Should people be allowed to drink without supervision ?

In a recent thread, I learned that apparently women who are drinking/drunk can not legally give consent to sex, however, it doesn't seem there is a level in which males can't legally give consent. So I ask, should women be legally allowed to drink without a male/guardian?

Personally I believe if two drunk adults consent to sex, regardless of how drunk, no one should be held legally accountable the following day. Sadly, If we have reached a point in society where women can no longer decide what they can and can't do while drunk, maybe they shouldn't be allowed that freedom. I mean hell, if they run someone over they are responsible, why not consent ?

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post

Personally I believe if two drunk adults consent to sex, regardless of how drunk, no one should be held legally accountable the following day.
    That's just stupid. Being drunk shouldn't allow others to abuse you.

I mean hell, if they run someone over they are responsible, why not consent ?
    Big difference between doing something to another and someone doing something to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yes.

Big difference between doing something to another and someone doing something to you.
    Except if she gives consent while both are drunk, no one is really "doing anything to you"... It's mutual then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I believe if two drunk adults consent to sex, regardless of how drunk, no one should be held legally accountable the following day.
    How does consensual sex translate to abuse in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Except if she gives consent while both are drunk, no one is really "doing anything to you"... It's mutual then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    How does consensual sex translate to abuse in your eyes?
    It only becomes rape if you're too drunk. Just drinking doesn't mean it's rape. If it's rape then that means one part is too drunk to be able to consent from a legal point of view. What he is suggesting that it should not be considered rape.

This is my point, how can a male, while drunk, be accused of abuse, if a women, who is also drunk, can be absolved of any responsibility?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean they both should be held legally accountable. Alcohol is no excuse. You are mixing arguments here.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

At what point is too drunk? If I'm hammered, and a girl asks to have sex, how the hell am I suppose to be able to tell if shes too drunk to say yes? Obviously if shes passing out, that's too drunk, but what are we talking here, too drunk to drive means to drunk to give consent?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

At what point is too drunk? If I'm hammered, and a girl asks to have sex, how the hell am I suppose to be able to tell if shes too drunk to say yes? Obviously if shes passing out, that's too drunk, but what are we talking here, too drunk to drive means to drunk to give consent?
    Something tells me that you should just stay away from trying to have sex while drinking if you don't know what too drunk is.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You mean they both should be held legally accountable. Alcohol is no excuse. You are mixing arguments here.
    No, I am not. Neither party should be fearful of getting a rape charged laid on them the morning after. If they are both equally drunk, it's not fair that the male can legally consent but the female cannot.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

15+ Year Old Account
    It only becomes rape if you're too drunk. Just drinking doesn't mean it's rape. If it's rape then that means one part is too drunk to be able to consent from a legal point of view. What he is suggesting that it should not be considered rape.
    In his scenario there's mutual consent, so there's no abuse, and he'd be right in saying it should not be illegal (and it isn't).

If one of them was so drunk they couldn't consent (i.e. practically unconscious), there wouldn't be mutual consent, so that can't be what he's talking about.

What's "too drunk"? Yeah, don't boink someone that's unconcious but if you've had a good time that night and the people freely goes to one's place and boink I don't see any problems. I've passed on several chances to get it on since I wasn't sure if the woman was one of those that withdraws consent the next day and will accuse me of rape(because she is quite drunk). Must be fun to not have responsibillity as an adult...

Something tells me that you should just stay away from trying to have sex while drinking if you don't know what too drunk is.
    Something tells me you've never been in a bar and had a women reach into your lap, grab you genitals, and proceed to take you home and have sex with you.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

If they are both equally drunk, it's not fair that the male can legally consent but the female cannot.
    This isn't what's happening in rape cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Something tells me you've never been in a bar and had a women reach into your lap, grab you genitals, and proceed to take you home and have sex with you.
    Why would you even go home with someone that shows such trashy behavior? If someone was groping me I'd get the guards attention and have them thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't what's happening in rape cases.
    There was a thread literally couple of hours ago when both parties were too drunk to give consent but blame was put on male.
    Why would you even go home with someone that shows such trashy behavior?
    That's rape victim blaming. It's women taking advantage over drunk man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    According to Freighter's logic i have raped quite a few women.

Hell i usually have the best rapes with my wife after a good party.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    In his scenario there's mutual consent, so there's no abuse, and he'd be right in saying it should not be illegal (and it isn't).

If one of them was so drunk they couldn't consent (i.e. practically unconscious), there wouldn't be mutual consent, so that can't be what he's talking about.
    This exactly. I know obviously near to unconscious is unable to consent, and have in fact turned down sex in cases like this.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted
    In a recent thread, I learned that apparently women who are drinking/drunk can not legally give consent to sex, however, it doesn't seem there is a level in which males can't legally give consent. So I ask, should women be legally allowed to drink without a male/guardian?

Personally I believe if two drunk adults consent to sex, regardless of how drunk, no one should be held legally accountable the following day. Sadly, If we have reached a point in society where women can no longer decide what they can and can't do while drunk, maybe they shouldn't be allowed that freedom. I mean hell, if they run someone over they are responsible, why not consent ?
    Are you somehow mental? If anybody, men should be supervised when drunk, because they usually commit more crimes in such a state.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is my point, how can a male, while drunk, be accused of abuse, if a women, who is also drunk, can be absolved of any responsibility?
    It's only considered abuse if one of them are unable to consent (passed out, for example).

Of course anyone can be accused, but they shouldn't be found guilty if there was mutual consent. If they are, that's a failure of the justice system, most likely because someone is ignoring the burden of proof. That happens too often, unfortunately.

Having sex with a drunk person isn't illegal.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not. Neither party should be fearful of getting a rape charged laid on them the morning after. If they are both equally drunk, it's not fair that the male can legally consent but the female cannot.
    As I said, you are mixing arguments here. They both can legally consent and they are legally accountable. Or are you suggesting that the man is not a legal father of a child if he impregnates the woman while drunk? That's what "not being legally accountable" means.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.